Learning to fly in LD's

have any of you tried NEO style one hand out one in

I have. :wink: For a while, that usually is my speedy position if I want to fly fast, but it is hard to steer for some reasons. :razz: But now I just fly freely from any type of positions. :smile: I’m freeee! I just float freely. :happy:

For me I fly superman style pretty much like to says on ld4all site. For me though flying is second nature, I don’t really have to think about it to do it but it is always a thrill

y does everyone fly all the time?i have never flown in a dream ever ever.am i mising out??

You mean in an LD? I’d guess so, but I’ve never flown either (though not from lack of trying).

Why does everyone fly? Well: because it’s fun :wink:.

Flying in a dream sometimes makes you feel sooooooooo free. I’d say you’re definitely missing something :smile:
Also, for me, flying always result in (very) strong rollercoaster feelings, so I guess they resemble the feelings you might get if you do the same flying movements irl…

Biff, many ppl cant fly in dreams or in lucid dreams!
So dont worry!
And there is a lot of difference at the talent ppl have how well they can fly in dreams, even when they can.

:wink:

Wow, Flying is always the thing I want to do first. It took me a good few years of practicing flying in ND’s and LD’s but now I’m really good at it, I also have super powers in my LD’s.

Yup, no liftoff here either…Yet

If you’re having problems flying once lucid there’s alot of things that can help. If you can’t just will yourself to fly, imagine that you have rockets on your feet propelling you upwards. Or imagine you have superpowers and go superman style. When I fly I can usually just will myself to. Its not just flying, its kind of gliding upwards if you can get it, anyways I highly recomend it!

Flying is my… nature?

I am always able to fly… sometimes though I face the obstacles like falling back or something, but it usually shows me something’s wrong irl that need to be fixed before I can become free again.

Anyways, the ability to fly is strongly linked to the ability to use associations w/ feelings. Just flying doesn’t do a good job… you just have to learn how to mmm be one with it… feeling it as if it’s part of your nerve. Hard to explain. Hehe

YOu could try imagining invisible floor that lifts you, etc. Slowly turning to the advanced techniques… like invisible floor, into invisible water (swimming… that was one of my first techniques of flying :razz:… not very efficent… but hey… it gets you floating lol)… then… fly like a superman… etc. etc. Just slowly promoting your techniques as you get better. That’s what I did. :smile: now I don’t have to do anything but to fly. I don’t have to position myself to fly. I just… fly. haha. :happy:

Practice makes perfect :smile:

Hi biff ! Welcome to the forum !
I was flying very badly one year ago. Now I can fly higher and faster. If you can’t fly, don’t try to make efforts, use another technique instead : summon a flying engine, use rockets, balloons, flying carpets, change your position (fly on the back), feel lighter, etc.

I find I fly in regular dreams too, or float at least. I can never recall myself walking, just floating.

Apart from swimming technique (which is better than nothing but doesnt get you off the ground very high usually for me) the only other way i can fly is by imagining a powerful wind or ether behind me pushing me where i want to go in the air. I have gone mega mega fast with this and it feels damn good. Flying is ace.

I’ve had a good amount of LDs in which I’ve tried to fly. Everytime I immediately wake up or I start falling then wake up. I got closest when I managed to jump about 75 feet in the air but I fell down, I didn’t wake up but didn’t stay airborne either. Does anyone have any tips for flying?

Well i have flown a lot too, and most of the times after a minutes i get pulled up and wake up… :grrr: Last day i succeed in staying low by making swimming movements… I don’t know if that can help in your case… :neutral:

Do you fall down suddenly or can you feel when it is gonna happen ?

Alot of the time I imagine myself being very light (like a paper airplane) and that helps me cope with the fact that flying isn’t “possible.”

When I was teaching myself how to fly I would often take a huge leap and see where it took me. After I became comfortable with this flying seemed second nature and its been easier and easier ever since.

I had a flight last night. Sadly, I wasn’t lucid. In fact, I was convinced that it was irl.

I do it skiing. I was finding bumps and approaching at speed. The first few jumps were a bit tame, but the terrain changed and I found some bigger bumps until I found the right one and off I went. I should have realised that it was a dream as I went pretty high and did loads of turns. Landing was a bit bumpy which reinforced the idea that it was irl.

I doubt I’d be here now if I’d realsied that I was dreaming and switched on LD. :smile:

Yeah ussually I fall suddenly. I think it could be related to a lot of nightmares I’ve had with falling. also I have flown but never lucidly so It was about as enjoyable as walking around my house.

I have never had trouble doing anything in a dream really, including flying. I just think about it and go, just as I would to walk around or do anything else. After all, flying in a dream is really no harder than walking, as you aren’t actually doing it. if you just remember this and believe this, it should be easy.