Cult TV shows

Bowelfish - Almost solely on your recommendation, I’ve decided to buy the entire series 1 of Spaced on DVD.

It had better be good, or you’re in trouble, punk!

Since I am on post 1999 … it reminded me of the series space 1999 that I used to watch. (mm showing my age a little :tongue: )

There was an alien female in it who could shape shift into any animal she chose… Which is also a lucid dreaming ability that can be developed. :content:
Gerry Anderson created it.

Here is a website about it tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Sh … pace_1999/

My favorite show is The Twighlight Zone. I bought a compilation of the best episodes for about $70 a few months ago. If they bring out another volume of them, I will probably buy that also.

I have never been a fan of Star Trek or X Files. Don’t know why.

As for Buffy and Angel. Can’t stand that crap. Sorry for you die hard fans, but those shows are trash. Sorry to be so blunt. :neutral:

I really don’t like any shows on television now. The only shows I watch are comedy shows and news. The comedy shows I watch now are Mr. Show, Upright Citizen’s Brigade, Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons, Arrested Development, and MadTV. If it was a few years ago SNL would be on that list, but I can’t watch it any more. They lost all of the good cast members.

I love :

• “Twin peaks”
  • Lars von Trier’s “The Kingdom” (a TV show about a haunted hospital in Copenhagen)… (not the american remake with Stephen King’s screenplay, I didn’t see it).

Yay! Me too! I first time saw it when i was 11 years old, so it certainly had an impact on me. Scary, surreal and genious.

Also i liked Babylon 5 many years ago. Though im no longer sure if id like it these days, so i dont want to take the glow out of it by trying it out again.

Robin of Sherwood (1984-1986)
imdb.com/title/tt0086791/
Excellent serie. I saw it as a little kid and now that i saw it again, im just amazed how damn good it was. StargÅtes and such dont come even close in my books. Magick stuff is at least trying to be seemingly realistic. Like Robin in the Hood gets initiated by Druid living in forest for his job. There are christian leaders that do occult black magic in witch covenant. Hashishins (saracen merry man in picture) and Templar Knigts also appear. But most of all, it has great atmosphere, music and characters you really care for. Even the evil guys in this one are intresting and symphatetic.

• TV movie Robin Hood and the Sorcerer (1983)
    imdb.com/title/tt0086202/
    This TV ‘movie’ was like longer pilot episode for the serie.

There is a Simpsons episode where Bart is dreaming about winning first prize for something and he wakes up and Lisa is saying “first prize, first prize, first prize”, just messing with his mind while he dreams. That’s a good one. :content:

There’s another episode where Homer eats insanity peppers and trips out, which is more like a dream than a psychedlic trip if you ask me. Also a good one.

Other favorite shows of mine are (BBC) Absolutely Fabulous, The Young Ones, Coupling, The Office, and (USA) Family Guy, Futurama, That 70s Show, Buffy reruns (I never watched it when it was new for some reason, I love it now), Viva La Bam, South Park of course, and Starting Over.

Whew, lots of these have already been listed, but I’ll slap my list up here:

Farscape, Stargate (sg-1 & atlantis), Firefly, Jeremiah, Buffy, Smallville, Andromeda (before Michael Hewitt Wolfe left as lead writer), John Doe (was cancelled before the end of the first season, like Firefly…curses!), ALF, 7 Days, MacGuyver, and ummm, probably some more, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head for fav TV shows, or cult or whatever.

Red Dwarf!
class, pure class.

Qoute:

Rimmer: Your about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican

OHHH YEah!!

lol red dwarf too. :razz:

The timeless clasic Lister: 2Rimmer your a complete smeg head."

Cat: " I’m gonna eat you little fishy!" (hehe that made me laugh so much.)

qoute No. 2

Cat: (to rimmer) There’s a cat saying that goes something like this; It’s better to live an hour as a tiger than a whole lifetime as a worm.

Rimmer: There’s an old human saying that goes like this; who ever heard of a worm skin rug.

No. 3

lister has collapsed, in white corridor 159 (that is from memory, impressed??), and the cat passes by

Cat: oh it’s you. Hey monkey, your sick. Sick, helpless and unconscious. If i wasnt your friend i’d steal your shoes. (beat)
Time for a snack.

LOL!!! hahahaaa funny

P.s I just downloaded every episode of red dwarf, I love it, i really love it.

The film is starting production in jan 2005 (gettt iinnn)

Cya
Phil

i love that episode where they are put in quarantine

Rimmer: So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you’re telling me you’re completely sane?

Kryten: Spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska!

Rimmer: Kryten, unpack Rachel and get out the puncture repair kit. I’m ALIVE!!!

LOL!
class

:peek: don’t look at the dates :tongue:

:yay: I found some Blake’s Seven quotes and wanted to share them :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake's_Seven

about Blake’s Seven (copy and paste into the address bar)

Quotes
Series One

Series Two

Series Three

Series Four

My favourite character in it was Avon. :smile:

Teal’c: “I stand by my friends. I believe this world may be our only hope in one day overcoming the false gods.”
Bra’tac: “Yes. As pathetic as that may seem at the moment, I agree.”
“The Serpent’s Lair”

JACKSON: Wait a minute. Jack – you’ve been seeing parts of the life of a barber in Indiana for seven years and you never mentioned it?
O’NEILL: Yeah, sure I did. I know I did.
(SG-1 look at each other. Sam shakes her head.)
CARTER: No. No, you didn’t, sir.
O’NEILL: I didn’t?
JACKSON: You didn’t find that the least bit odd?
O’NEILL: Actually, no – I found it quite … relaxing.

O’NEILL: He’s a barber.
JACKSON: Broke into your house?
O’NEILL: Yeah.
JACKSON: Second week in a row.
O’NEILL: Mm-hmm.
JACKSON (pointedly): Alarm.
O’NEILL: I’m thinkin’ dog.
JOE: You could try locking your front door.

Red Dwarf HAHAHA! That show is gold. My friend’s dad introduced me to that show(he is quite the nerd).

I’m supprised to see that so few people have mentioned Twin Peaks. In my opinion, Twin Peaks is the greatest TV show ever to be put on the air. It was pure beauty.(Right Illum?) So much more intelligent and thought out than most trash on TV now(OC, everything on UPN, Buffy, etc.).

really got into the old MTV animated series The Maxx, adapted from the comic book of the same name. with much of the action seguing between the main character, Julie’s dreams and reality. (they suggest, at one point, that Julie created both the dream world and our reality out of her imagination.)

best of all, you can watch episodes on Youtube.

I also can’t reccomend highly enough a great minwaper anime called Serial Experiments lain and another, which I have just started watching, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

as far as live action, can’t say enough about the strange, scary little English fantasy series Sapphire & Steel. it takes a lot to frighten me, but Adventures 2 and 4 (the stories don’t have names), managed to do it. much of the series really does have the atmosphere of a half-remembered dream.[/i]

Rimmer: "Well, I’m no stranger to the land of scoff. Perhaps you’d like to explain why it is that every major battle in history has been won by the side with the shortest hair cut. "
Kryten: "Oh, surely not sir. "
Rimmer: "Think about it, why did the US Cavalry beat the Indian nation? Short back and sides verses girlie Hippy locks. "The Cavaliers and the Roundheads? One-nil to the Pudding basins
“Vietnam, crew cuts both sides, no score draw.”

I like lots of shows, Red Dwarf, Stargate, Buffy/Angel, Dead Like Me, Bones, Threshold, Startrek. There’s a long list.

Married with Children, i love that show

I JUST found this topic, and I just had to comment this reply! MacGyver :love:, I’ve seen every episode like 5 times too! Oh, I was so obsessed with the show. I still get half-obsessed every time I see it on. If I watch one episode, I have to see another 20 after it!

And then came Stargate :grin: but then they stopped airing it here in Sweden… :sad:

Long time since I posted in here. I have some newer shows I enjoy now.

Being Human [uk]
Vampire, ghost and werewolf sharing a house. It even managed to change the 3 main characters over time and keep good.

Once Upon a Time. The characters from fairy tales transported to Storybrook. Lots of flashback stories. Heroes, Villians and those between the two poles.

Grimm. Wessen - werewolves etc in Portland.

Izombie. ME who is a zombie. Solves cases by eating the victim’s brain… :tongue: