Old Hag - Sleeping Positions

Probably… They should add an option to modify polls.

No, because that would mean people who had already voted who would now pick a different option wouldn’t be able to. Therefore it would become biased.

sounds enteresting, please explaine in detail.

Lucidity Master, you have statistics about sleep position during sleep paralysis for about 18000 cases there :
https://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/prevent.html
Sleeping on the back is clearly correlated with SP. From the facts that :

• Old Hag is correlated with SP
  • Old Hag is generally shown sitting on someone’s belly,
    one can deduce that Old Hag is correlated with sleeping on your back. :wink:

hehe…I must be the wierd one eh? It won’t let me vote, but I’ve had O H on my back and left side…

What is an Old Hag? Well, I know what one is waking life - but have no idea what she has to do with lucid dreaming… thats why I dream - to escape old hags!! And now you are telling me they have something to do with lucid dreams?

Is there no escape?

Not really. It’s more related to a sleep trouble, named “sleep paralysis”, in which hallucinations can appear. As sleep paralysis looks somewhat like a LD, and some dreamers discovered LD through SP experiences, it’s often told about Old Hag on LD forums.

My mom has seen a black shadow… she got up crying :eek:
… she was on her back

No Old Hag for me yet… :sad: Only one near-Old-Hag… I think I could hear her approaching me from the distance, but the paralysis was over before I could see her. This happened when I was lying on my back. Also whenever I become lucid during regular sleep paralysis I’m in that position.

Funny i always thought “hag” was a “he” instead of a “she” :shy:

same as mystic I got a near-old-hag twice, one was yesterday. The first time it was my angry friend knocking on the door and threatening me. Yesterday it was my dad’s astral body with his hands pushing down on my chest :razz: but i only saw his arms. I was on my back in the two times. The second time I had my real eyes opened before it was over: it was weird how the arms suddenly disappeared!

I sleep in my stomach but sometimes in left or right side with my hand under my cushion :wink:

Men often see female hags (succubus), while women often see male hags (incubus). At least this was the legend which arose in the Middle Ages :smile:

I often see these kind of things with normal SP: one time I woke up in SP with my eyes open: the room was pretty dark and I had really trouble raising my hands. However, somehow I still managed to do this, but when I looked at my hand, it morphed into a needle like structure which then melted away into yellow bubbles. Also parts of the room melted that way. Next, SP went slowly over and with my eyes wide open I saw these illusions go away, the room went brighter until it was normally lit and I discovered I hadn’t moved my arm at all. Awesome experience :smile:

Back and Right side. sept my one weren’t an old hag it was a little girl with black hair like from the ring, she didnt move she had her head rested ont he sofa i was sleeping on.

I haven’t had an ‘Old Hag’ before, but I have been paralysed before, its quite creepy :bored:

I have a close friend who has SP very constantly. I don’t know what positions she lays in though. I don’t have SP ever, so yeah…

My mom had an old hag while on her back. She said she saw a ghost type guy yaking his shoes off at the foot of her bed. :bored:

Please explain me what is an old hag. I just dont get any of this O_o

It’s an hallucination that some people experience during a sleep trouble called “sleep paralysis”.
Very good info about SP and associated hallucinations there:
https://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

Ummm… I don’t think the results of this poll will be very usefull unless you understand how many people sleep in what position.

Let me explain-
Lets say for every 100 people that sleeps on their back, only 2 sleep on their right side. That would make the informaion unuseable unless you factored this in. You know?

I know. They also forgot the option “I never experience Old Hag”…