The BIG DreamMaker topic

Demand (apparently) was high after the novadreamer was discontinued. Now somebody has worked with the Lucidity Institute to create a new novadreamer.

The novadreamer detected REM and flashed lights. You would have conditioned yourself to recognise those lights as a signal that you were dreaming. Therefore, you would notice the lights and get lucid!

OK, to get to the part which most people find important:

DreamMaker: $200 each for first 100, then $349

DreamMaker Pro: $500 each for first 100, then $1000

EWLD is included as well as documentation for the DreamMaker.

Apparently the DreamMaker can move you to an Alpha state and then turn on the REM detection. The old novadreamer essentially detected the actual eye movement. The dreammaker also measures facial tension and uses both of these factors to detece REM.

Also, it can play a tape when it detects REM. This might be a useful reminder of what you want to do, or it can help you compare dream time to real time, or it can be used like self-hypnosis (but probably to less effect).

The site isn’t very clear about why the Pro version is so much better. It has a Light and Sound machine, whatever that is.

I found it through the bottom ads.

direct link removed, please don’t link to product vendors

Yeah, I saw this too. I probably won’t but one, simply because I don’t wanna spend all that money on one…

I wish it had gone into more detail about the pro version though. It costs more than double the other one, but it doesn’t seem to do anything different (the usual one makes light and sound as well, right?).

R3m0t, please use this link:

[Q edit: edited link out – please don’t link to the ads like that]

The link is better because it helps ld4all :smile:

I wouldn’t buy one. That is far too expensive! It is faster, easier and cheaper just to do LD without such a device.

omg 1000 dollars! does an RC I rather just learn my dreamsigns hehe

seriously… are they nuts for asking so much for these? I mean come on… that is insane.
Noway would I buy one. that is robbery.

Still ridiculously priced. I say we should boycott them to force a lower price.

I would really really want one of these…but jesus christ!! 1000 dollars just to spice your dreams up! I’m desperate sometimes…but not even close to being that desperate.

for that much money…I could build me a pretty nice dual CPU Motherboard, 400mhz 2 gig ram, geforce 6600 GT, two 200gig RAIDed harddrives. and still have roughly 100 bucks to spare.
yeesh id have the best computer within a 50 mile radius

Tell that to the Lucidity Inst. :smile:

I don’t think it is the lucidity inst that is producing the dream maker.

Well whoever makes it needs to find a better price, I rather rap christmas lights around my head and have them set to a timer so they start flashing when I enter REM

lol niiiice white wolf!

Actually that may work :smile: As long as you dont die by electricution first.

Yeah, that would be an unfortunate side ffect…

An easier way would be to hook up a strobe light to a timer and set it to flash at times you are likely to be in rem sleep. Depending on where you go, you could buy everything you need for less the $30.00. I tried this a long time ago and it did work for me.

see another cheaper alternitive. and safer then mine! lol.
Im only afraid that if i use somthing like that i would become dependent on it. And only LD IF I use that :bored: so id rather like I said learn Dreamsigns, or learn WILD better…

Hey yae, I found a alarm clock C.D. player the other day, and it plays a C.D. at what ever time you set it. Im thinking of getting one. How did you hook the strobe light up to a timer?

I completely agree. You do not want to become too dependent on a device for you lucid dreams. However, it may help some people who are just getting started or trying to overcome a dry spell. Once you get the feel of lucid dreaming then you wont need the device anymore.

The timer plugs into the wall then you plug the strobe light into the timer. You turn the power to the strobe light on. On the front of the timer there are little switches where you can set it to turn the strobe on. You can set it to go on a specific times or every 15 min, every few hours etc. You will understand when you see the timer. You can buy them in almost any k-mart or wall-mart type stores very cheap.

Please, everybody, stop saying $1000! It isn’t!

It’s $350, or $200 if you order soon.

Still $200.00 is still a ridiculous price. They want you to send them $200.00 yet, they are vague as to who is developing this thing. They don’t even have a picture of it on there web site so you have no idea of what you are buying!

It isn’t that hard to see that “Wellness Tools” (company) have made these.

The extra price for the “Pro” version is for the light and sound machine:

This is not necessary for lucid dream induction. It is just an optional extra.