new quick preview at top of forum - NEW! RSS feed!

When I try to use, it sends me to a page saying:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.ld4all.com Port 80

EDIT: works now

glad to hear it works :smile: the magic of christmas :wink:

i’ve changed the layout a little - still searching… i cannot change it to the old layout (like on the dutch forum) because then i cannot exclude the playground and test area from displaying.)

edit: weird, the last date stays at 30 december :eh:

I like it how it is now PasQuale.

We’re an anoying bunch to please i know hehe

w00t :grin:

only thing is the date doesn’t display right yet so i’ve left it out entirily for now :grin:

Ah, now I can’t see who the last person to reply was :confused:. That’s probably it’s best use (I can watch a number of threads at the same time to see when someone has replied).

Yes, I do feel like being difficult :wink:.

i could add the name of the last person who replied, but i don’t know if that will look good.

Edit:

tried it out but it looks too messy

Oh well, I’ll cope :smile:.

pfew…

backing away slowly

can you put that bloody knife away now please then?

That’s not a knife…

… It’s a machete :content:.

I have noticed that the layout was slightly changed again during the last few days… I like the look itself, but i dont like how “recent discussions” now lacks the latest poster and the time it was posted.
I believe it used to show both the lastest poster/reply in thread and the time it was posted, but now all you see is the topic of the thread.

tomas: yes, in this layout it is almost impossible to add that, it will look very messy. It is just a glance after all. If you want all the info on latest topics you can always click on ‘view posts since last visit’

:peek: the guy with the big bloody machette likes it now, i don’t want to displease him :tongue:

no just kidding, i’m still trying out things, i like this one now, because it is nice and peaceful. if i add stuff like latest post it will look messy.

Q

I like how this “recent topic layout” properly shows if the topic has been read. :smile: … and the non-functional “next 5” feature was removed :tongue:

I’m like Tomas however, I kinda miss the author and time of the recent post now that I’ve got use to it. :lmao:

… lookin’ better everyday Q, good job :thumbs:

I know it’s been a while since I first posted this here, but I still REALLY want an RSS feed here. This is one of the few instances where I think I would actually use it (this forum). Here’s what I think is a link to show you how, but I don’t know much about phpbb so it may or may not help…

phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=144548

Please pasQuale!!! AHHH!!! Okay I’m calm now, sorry…

me too fflarex!!!
My browswer has a built in RSS feed feature, and it would make all the recent topics look like a list in my favorites!! :happy:

All the big forums have it, and so should we :content:

I would not mind a rss feed either.

thanks for the link, i’ve dowloaded it and will take a look, looks easy enough so I think it will be installed soon :content:

Yes! LOL I’ve finally made a difference in this place…

You could also join the librarians and make a difference! :content:

I believe the RSS feed works now.
the icon in firefox shows up and adds to your bookmarks.
Please inform me of any errors :smile: