An electromagnetic field theory of consciousness

This is the paper I have referred to in the past when I talk about the brain’s “electromagnetic field”, and sometimes, just “consciousness”. The entire paper is available here:

surrey.ac.uk/qe/PDFs/cemi_theory_paper.pdf

I contacted McFadden via email, and asked a question that I would expect to disprove the entire theory, and he invited me only to re-read the paper. When I presented this paper to a teacher of mine, Dr. Walters (a PhD and an MD), he re-stated the idea I had asked McFadden about, without any knowledge of my contacting McFadden with the same thoughts beforehand. The problem, we both agree, is that you can not solely allow consciousness to reside in either the em field of the brain or the neurons, because for any neuronal activity there is an em field that is generated, and for any em field in the brain there is neuronal activity causing it. The two seem inseperable. In collaboration with Dr. Walters, I am outlining a flowchart of the idea of a “thought process” which includes consciousness. Without explaining all of it, one of our main feelings right now is that consciousness is best described as activity within previously created neuronal structures.

Hi,

Brings to mind a spider sitting within a 3D electromagnetic web.

Bye.