Which music do you like the most?

I think in this case, it’s a BIG advantage :wink:

I listen to them, they’re great! but… I translated their lyrics once… and I was really… surprised, they’re pretty stupid. :eh:

Excactly what I wanted to express with my last post :content:

LOL ginkgothian, just thought exactly the same :happy:

Two of my friends listen to Rammstein, and they got me to like the music after some time, but I don´t want to buy a CD cause of the lyrics
So, great music if you don´t understand them

I love almost all styles of music, but since I don´t want to bore you, just some groups that you might not know:

Allan Parsons Project - Tales of mystery and imagination from
(Don´t know if this is exactly the name of the cd, but you mustn´t listen to single songs of it, try to get the whole cd and listen from the beginning to the end. I think this goes as progressive or psyechedelic rock)

Portishead - wandering stars (this is a song, triphop)

Symphony X - metal with classic elements

if you’re into prog rock and Symphony X you could quite like opeth for their epicness

I’ve heard the name allan parson project but never downloaded a song…any recommendations? Love psychedelic prog rock :smile:

Well, like I said, it´s best to listen to the whole Album from the beginning to the end, but if you want to download one I´d pick “A dream within a dream” and “The Raven” (these are the first 2 songs)

Yeah but being into… dark romance (sounds contradicting and/or disturbing) and being… sensitive? No one can afford to be sensitive and make it in this world, sorry.

Well it’s just not my thing, and let’s leave it at that.

So true. Unfortunately. Gothic is a lifestyle to protest against this unfair society :confused:

@traumgänger
Sorry, I overread that…thanks for the dl tips anyway… :smile:

I’ll show my age now and say I like music from the 60s and 70s, country music and Pulp, Soft Cell and …I had better keep quiet now before you send a posse after me. :tongue:

Enya, Enigma. Some new age instrumental. Bill Douglas’ Circle Of Moons sort of thing. Ancient wooden flute sonatas and other ancient symphonies. I’m weird.

I listen to Within Temptation, Nightwish, Sirenia, Tristania, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Rammstein.
Lately I have been exploring a bunch of new (to me) music, and I have just ordered some Penumbra, Trail of Tears and Haggard - Awakening The Centuries.

I don’t just listen to heavy, I also like other music, R.E.M. is great.

I find almost all “popular” music pretty crappy because it is IMHO usually commercial crap which is promoting the artist, not the music they make (which is understandable when it comes to much of that music; they havn’t really got any good music to promote).

Led Zepelin, King Crimson, Camel, Focus, Invisible (you won’t know this one), Pescado Rabioso, Piazzolla, Pugliese, Goyeneche (el Polaco), Troilo (Pichuco)…(etc)

To sum, Progressive rock and Tango

I love allmost all kinds of music but in a list it would be

Pink floyd (of course)
Rage against tha machine
Kraftwerk
Radiohead
Mustasch (Swedish rockband)

If the song has a rhythm that gets my attention and is sticky then it’s a yes. But when talking about genres i tend to go towards the rock side, also the trance,techno,house and a bit of dance. Although i could listen to celtic,ballads or pop sometimes but i stick with alternative mostly.

Green Day
The Cranberries
Enya
Switchfoot
HIM
Audioslave
Jarabe de Palo
Avril Lavigne
SOAD
U2

Are just some of 'em…

Radiohead, Bjork, Interpol, some Aphex Twin and more. I like a lot of different kinds - music with jazz in it, asian sounds or more old fashioned -blues, soul etc.

The music I like are usually only instrumental music… They often set up an atmosphere. Also, the music I like are often have a sad and melancholic feel. I don’t really know why but listening to them helps soothe me a bit.

I listen to most metal genres (heavy, melodic, power, trash), exept death, nu and black (except In Flames, this band started my metal love :smile: ) my favorite bands are:
-Manowar
-Blind Guardian
-Sonata Arctica
-HammerFall
-In Flames
-Sorcerer
-Chainsaw (those two are from poland, most of you don’t know them)
-SOAD (many count them as nu, i count them as all in one.)

Rock all the way, baby! :cool_laugh: It’s funny, my friends influence most of the stuff I’m into. I hang out with a bunch of rock heads (yes, rock heads :tongue: ) so I love rock. Every once in a while jazz is good too, but only if I’m in a relaxed mood. I looooove oldies, I’ll tell you that. One thing I can’t stand though is slow songs. There are only a few of those I can stand, and they’re classics. :cool:

SOAD rocks- WHOOOOOOOOOO!!! :hurray:

i don’t really have a set genre but heres my list of fav bands at the moment:

System Of A Down
Rage Against The Machine
Pink Floyd
The Dandy Worhols
The Cure

I like a huge variety of stuff, but 80% of what I listen to is metal (everthing from hair to gore)