2020 Vision

Lucid Instant Messenger

Author  Message 
DreamerKrystal
Energizer-Bunny
Somniologist

Lucid Instant Messenger
PostPosted: Thu 23 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

I hope this hasn't been thought of before.....

This goes along with the idea of a "shared" dream. So what if you were able to "contact" someone within a dream? And what if it just happened to be by the computer? Yes, I'm talking about an Instant Messenger. You would type a question to someone, and they would give an answer. It would have to be in perhaps the highest level of lucidity, and you would have to be sleeping at the same time. Ideal conditions would be:

Either neighbors, brothers and sisters, or someone who lives close to you (OR lives in the same time-zone. That means online friends who live in the same time-zone ARE allowed!).
Having the same Instant messenger
Being a decent lucid dreamer

What would happen:

The two testers would sleep at the same time. Hopefully, they would both become lucid at the same time, or near the same time. Either way, they would both have to be lucid for a few minutes together. But anyways, they would both stare at the Instant Messenger for a few days for a certain amount of time (it would have to be the same amount) and then try to LD this. Also: The two testets must know each other really well! I actually wish we could get two twins to to test it, but that's doubted.

What we want the end results to be:
I'd like that one tester types a question, and the other tester sees it in the IM and types an answer. Then, the first tester would see the answer. One of the reasons knowing each other well is a requirement, is because your mind might automatically guess what the question/answer is, and that is what will appear in the dream.

What do you guys think?

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 26 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

Why would you want to test it this way? To prove SD is possible? It has been done in several different other ways before.

R3TRO
Lucid Jedi
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

I already have one of these lol.

I talk to Pedro alot on it, I know his AIM address, but i dont know if he wants anyone knowing it.

BTW yes i believe in shared dreaming, because it happens to me everynight, so if you dont believe in it, just disregard this post.

OH yeah i also have a lucid cell, i talk to pedro on that alot too.

Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

No, I think the idea is to set up an AIM or MSN conversation in a lucid dream. So you can talk to each other from your own dreams (and maybe even try to meet up).

Seems like a nice idea to me. Only, I dunt know anyone else who can LD, so I can't really try it out...

DreamerKrystal
Energizer-Bunny
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 29 Dec, 2004  Reply with quote

Yes, Sureal, that is what I am trying to do. smile I'm glad you like the idea.

Xetrov: Why do I want to do it? Not to prove that Shared Dreaming is real, not really. I just think it would be an interesting experiment.

R3TRO: I DO believe in Shared Dreams. smile It's nice to see that you have a Lucid Cell and everything! :D

Guru
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2005  Reply with quote

could make for some interesting conversations..

DreamerKrystal
Energizer-Bunny
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jan, 2005  Reply with quote

I have FINALLY come up with the MUST HAVE qualifications:

1. You must be an experienced WILDer (atleast 5 WILDs)
2. You must know the person that you are working with well (I decided that it CAN be an online friend, but they have to live in the same TIME ZONE as you. Either that, or you have to be able to perfectly convert the time).
3. You must have good dream recall.

I decided to add the WILD rule because WILDs almost never fail if you are experienced. And I also decided that it can be an online friend AS long as they live in the same time zone as you. Exceptions can be made to this rule if you can get asleep at the same time.

PM me if you are interested! Or post tounge2

print