Music to listen to

I just had a thought. Watch the linkin Park Breaking the Habit video. Its a guy reverse plummenting up a building. Now I think if you watch the vid a couple of times and then play the song while you sleep, that would be an easy situation to turn into flight.
Just a thought

OK, since music is my…hmmm…thing i’m going to give out a lot of albums and artists for people to check out while attempting to LD. This is my first post, and I’m just now getting into LDing, but here’s some picks from me:

Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right for Children, Boards of Canada - Twoism, Mogwai - EP+2, Radiohead - Kid A, Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun, Broken Social Scene - Feel Good Lost, Animal Collective - Here Comes The Indian, Do Make Say Think - &Yet&Yet, Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place, Johann Johannsson - Virthulegu Forestar, Max Richter - The Blue Notebooks, Slowdive - Catch The Breeze, Mum - Finally We Are No One, Panda Bear - Young Prayer, Yo La Tengo - And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out, William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops, The Cure - Disintegration

Music have never helped me to get lucid. But I’m a big fan of ambient, chillout and ethnic music.
Here are some artists I like to listen to before going to sleep to get me in the right relaxed mood :smile:
Shpongle
Entheogenic
Shulman
Angel Tears
Abakus
Emou
These artists are the best of the best in this genre.
I could send some songs to anyone who is interessted, just pm me :smile:
Good Night :peek:

I love Radiohead, I heard someone once describe Kid A as a clouded mind trying to recall a UFO obduction.

ivy’s edge of the ocean is really relaxing: “there’s a place i dream about where the sun never goes out…”

I seem to have the best dream recall when listening to New Age music, or anything atmospheric. David Arkenstone in particular helps a lot, although I prefer his energetic albums (Spirit of Olympia, Celtic Book of Days) over his dreamier albums (Citizen of Time, Dream Palace).

Also, symphonic/industrial type stuff really helps. Aetherius’ The Day The Earth Went Cold, Sleep Away Life, My Rent Soul, and Comforted By Indifference help me a lot with dream recall (although the songs are very depressing).

I’m suprised no one has mentioned Radiohead’s OK Computer. Also:
Built to Spill : Perfect From Now On
Interpol: Antics
Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Flaming Lips: Clouds Taste Metallic (my personal favorite)

Oh, also Sound Tribe Sector 9, Postal Service, and The Arcade Fire.

I played this when I went to bed last night. Although I didn’t have a LD, I did have an EXTREMELY long dream. I had a dream that felt like it had lasted an entire day! That has never happened to me before.

Biosphere
Oophoi
Robert Rich
Global Communication
KLF’s “Chill Out”
Steve Roach
…and Aphex Twin’s Ambient CDs

To brand music into something you associate with dreaming and playing them while asleep, now that sounds like a great idea. Ive mostly been playing lucid dreaming instructions and hypnotic lucid dreaming inductions while asleep. But soft electronic music mixed with recordings of myself saying “This is a dream, you are dreaming right now…” is also a favourite. Not that i recall it has made me more lucid :happy:

Chicane - Overture
Chicane - Early

I don’t know if I’m crossing a line here, so please edit the post if i am, but willingness to share lucid inductions be here. Some of them are swedish, but i’ve noticed there are quite the number of scandinavians on the forum. Here is the link anyhow.

Relaxing music (Indie Rock) here-- https://www.belandthedragon.com

:grin:

merged topic “What are good songs to encourage relaxation?” into “Music to listen to”

I always thought this was-- iuma.com/site-bin/ramgen.ram … sid=524581

My bro wrote it with his band Bel and the Dragon :tongue:

More of Bel and the Dragon mp3s here-- iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Bel_and_the_Dragon/

Okay, Space Distortion has now been posted. This is just the wave wash with drones and tones (no vocals are other sounds). Everyone is very welcome, but I dont want to underhand Tamas Labs. This is only 1 part of 4 tracks on the Space Distortion release. If you like it, please purchase some full cd releases by Tamas Labs, let’s keep them in business so they can keep putting out great stuff. I beleive in supporting folks who are doing great things out there!

They are available at audiostrobe.com/.

Thanks!
phoen+

(download space distortion Part I)
phoenelai.livetechno.net/SpaceDist.mp3

That site dousnt work for me :neutral:

Or never mind it works fine! :content:

oh i really like

deep forest - sweet lullaby

and some stuff from amethystium very kool!

REALLY obvious one that I don’t think has been mentioned yet:

Silent Lucidity by Queensryche

even has a signal to listen for, a voice midway through the song saying “you can achieve…dream control…dream control…(fade)”

I have a CD I have listened to for years(?) called Ambient Music for Sleep, and not every night but often I play it before going to bed. For whatever reason I never thought about it as an RC but a few nights ago I dreamt I was in photography class and heard that music. BAM! Lucid!. Has anyone had much/any success w/ music and reality checks?

I tried it once before with a Flaming Lips CD but whenever I heard the song I RC 'ed on I woke up. :sad: