Through the mirror...

It feels like I’m putting my hand into a cool flowing river. I’ve never completely stepped through however.

When I go through it, i mean like really going through it, Alice-through-the-mirror through it, I find myself in something like very cold (yet so comfortable) gelatine with a lot of colours flying around, and then I have a false awakening. However one time I opened the mirror like a door and went through it. I ended up going out of the mirror in my room in the university. The numbers on the clock there were reveresed and the arms were going counterclockwise.

I have never tried that. But I’ve seen myself in mirror many times in LDs though. I should really try going through a mirror and see what happens. I think I’ll make that my goal for my next LD :grin:

I wasn’t really lucid at the time. In one dream I saw a weird mirror that reflected me in a weird way. I was in a basement of some kind of castle or something. I walked into the mirror and I ended up in an empty place. After a few seconds the landscape took form and I was in some kind of waistland with skeletons everywhere. At that moment I became lucid and changed the landscape into a park. :thumbs:

move to other place…

I never walked trought a mirror… I hope I’ll do in my next LD… I always forget to do what I planned in my LD’s.

when reading the title of this thread, I thought it was about the old LD4all forum, hehe :smile:

I have used to go through mirror in 2 LD’s. Unfortunately i ended up in the same room i started every time. Probably it’s because it was my childhood home bedroom mirror and i “knew” what is behind of it. But it’s still fun to step through it and i usually have almost no problem with that. Today at first i was able to put my hand through it, but not the whole body. In second attempt i smoothly went through it: hand first, then my body. I only needed to bow my head, because the mirror was bit shorter than me :tongue:

What i can say with confidence is: if you are FULLY aware that you are in LD and that in LD you can step through it, you can step through mirror easily. For example i had some problems with flying in LD before (sometimes could, sometimes not) until i started to FORCE myself to fly - “This is a dream and i MUST be able to fly in dream, so i will fly!”. Now i just DO it and it succeeds. The same goes about mirror.

But i think i need to find dream mirror that is not located with my RL mirror, so the element of unknowingness what lies behind it remains.

I push and push on mirrors/TVs I see in my LDs and never can get through. Its like trying to push through a wall IRL. :mirror:

I know what you mean about the thickness. I’ve never stepped through a mirror, but I have put my arm through a car window and a countertop before and felt the cool water like sensation you guys mentioned. I tried to go through the tv into a cartoon once, but it felt like I was just squeezing into a box and not into another world.

I have read that one of the reality checks you can do is to try and go thru a mirror in your dreams. The reason I bring this up is that i saw a movie A Simple Wish staring Martin Short where a witch got stuck in a mirror and was trapped. Maybe im wrong but I think that mirrors can be dangerous maybe not if your dreaming but it kind of makes me guess. Mickey Mouse had a cartoon where he went thru a mirror also but I havent seen that in along time. Im not trying to make mirrors sound dangerous but it would be nice to hear some imput on the subject.

The mirror is going to do whatever you’re expecting it to. Yours might suck you in since you think it’ll do that, but another person’s would just allow them to travel through. (or bump your fingers against the glass like mine :content: )

This thread is an oldie but a goodie.
The time I looked through a mirror in a LD was one of the most shocking experiences of my entire dreamlife. I was fully expecting to put my head through and enter a mirror world of some sort, with a few things changed in odd ways. After a failed attempt, I took a few breaths and put my hand through, then my head. The second my head was through, I was in completely alien dimension. What popped into my head at the time was the idea that I had put my head into an atom: I heard a really loud electric buzzing and saw an infinite black void with incredibly bright neon blue curving lines that I thought were superstrings. I was shocked awake almost instantly.

Can’t wait to do that again!

I never got far enough to go through the mirror. The one time I was gonna do it but my image in the mirror was too messed up for me to want to continue. One side of my body was fine, but the other side was kindof half melted and drippy and my eye was hanging out of it socket down to my neck. Needless to say this scared me out of the bathroom and I went on to pursue other endeavors.

You are absolutely right, Nice Dream. Mirrors are extremely dangerous. Every time I pass one by, I find my eyes are drawn to it as if by magic to check my reflection. :tongue:

(Or maybe I’m just extra vain.)

The Mickey Mouse cartoon is titled Thru the Mirror!

In case anyone wants to know. It has a pretty good dream sequence.

I agree with wolf, if you are expecting something ominous to happen, it will. :scared: I agree that certain objects, especially in dreams, seem to have more power or significance-but, ultimately, in your dreams you are the one in control. It might even be fun to try (I’ve never thought of it before, and have a bit of a Through the Looking Glass fascination). Simply mentally protect yourself beforehand. Happy Dreaming. :ok:

There was a thread about mirrors and LD’s. I merged the both.

iwe been fornt of da mirror many times… thing what u can see is shokin some times :cool: but now im use 2 it !!! every time when i go go through mirror place where i land is different… :content: u can go to 1 lucid crossroad though mirror !!1 its quite funzy Liqid!! :tongue:

It was really hard for me to go through the mirror at first, but I decided that it shouldn’t be, and then it went smoother.
When I got through I was in a womb. I saw a featus, and I think I was it. A speakervoice spoke of “the miracle of life”, like in a documentary. I wasn’t very lucid, and I don’t know what would have happened if I had been. It was really cool walking through a mirror, though.