Movie Thread!-Part 2

Oh so they are using Rotoscoping on this one? cool. :cool:

It has the same director as Waking life.

Yes.

This time, however, Linklater is eschewing the dreamy, existentialist look of Waking Life in favor of a more realistic approach (I bet you noticed that in the trailer). A Scanner Darkly aims to look more like a finely detailed, well-drawn comic book or graphic novel.

The storyline, according to Sabiston, is “about a house full of roommates who are all basically drug addicts, one of whom happens to be an undercover cop assigned to surveil his fellow roommates and discover where the chain of drugs is coming from.”

This being a Philip K. Dick adaptation, things are a bit more complicated than that, and Keanu Reeves’ Arctor character – the cop – suffers a schizophrenic mental break that causes him to begin “narcing on himself,” essentially.

I can’t wait! :content:

I remember the crew needed some help back in January, maybe they still do… Drop them an e-mail if you’re into CG. Nothing to lose, baby, nothing to lose :wink:

austinchronicle.com/issues/d … g_all.html

It sounds like a dark movie.

looks good, but i wish it wasn’t another Keanu Reaves flick. Woody Harelson also seems out of place, just like Ethan Hawke did in Waking Life(worst part of the movie!)

Hey, EH wasn’t that bad! (Much better than big red angry ranting psycho-prisoner guy).

And the leading lady was very apealing!

Wow. Looks kind of interesting. The animation looks more similar to Waking Life than Polar Express in my opinion. Although I have only seen the small trailers on television for Polar Express.

Okie dokie, I saw a new movie and surprised me alot. I liked it alot and i actually want to buy it and make it apart of my collection :yes:
(Brace Yourself)

The Incredibles! I love it, it was a great story, animation, idea, and it wasnt just for the child audience. If it was, I need to grow up, but i really didnt feel that kiddy feeling to the movie. It was real and alive, it was cool. Like when i used to watch cartoons or movies such like this one they never used the word kill in the movie or show, they would always say destroy or i will send you to oblivion words like this. The Incredibles had no problem dealing with the idea of death, and thats probally why i liked it. Plus the whole super Hero idea on top of everything and the little jokes in between. Good movie I suggest to the general Audience, Disney supported another good one :wink:

Other than that, I saw Shawn of the dead, Great Movie :wink: . It had alot of obvious jokes and that dry humor, but it had alot of good moments and funny scenes. Its like Dawn of the dead meets Monty Python crossbreed of Offiespace. I thinks thats a good analogy, my friend rented it, so that’s my excuse. I liked it so dont get me wrong, I just dont think its worth the $$$ for the collection :tongue: Seen any of these movies???

I’ve been waiting for the movie for ages. Waking Life is my all-time favorite movie and Philip K. Dick is my all-time favorite author. What makes this even more exciting is that it looks to be the first faithful adaptation of a Philip K. Dick book (it won’t be an action movie) largely due to nearly everyone working on it is a fan of his.

I notice myself,that alot of my dvd’s are from the same author, i like the ideas of his stories and how you cant really predict whats going to happen next. But i also notice that most of the movies i have from Philip K. Dick are all action. I never read any of his books :sad:

Looks great but as other people have said I’m pissed about Reeves being in there… Man, the way he says “Two hemispheres in my brain” in the trailer makes me want to take a folding chair to his head.

I thought I was the only one that felt that, he still sounds like he’s in Bill and Ted’s Excellent adventure. But he’s in alot of movies, to many, some movies that i hate to say that i do enjoy. I don’t know what to think at this point :bored:

You might be relieved to know that Reeves is actually intended to be playing the part of a drugged-out loser. That much will add credibility to his role.

Sin City :happy:

Very good movie, I didnt know what to expect and it turned out great, if you like comic types movies this is up your alley. If you like rated R movies filled with violence and nudity and death, this is up your alley. Or if you just want to see something new for a change between every style of new films, this is up your alley. I loved how it was black and white and if anything was significant it would turn in color, i liked that affect alot. I liked all the characters and there values and if you notice in the film it has a morality tale to it. Kinda of hard to find between all the action and plot, you can get lost very easily. Great movie, thats all i can say, its been a little time so I had to share this one. :yes:

Other than movies in the theater, i had seen one on Dvd called Battle Royal, its all in Japanese (subtitles) and its great, its like a school of high school students that are stranded on a island force to kill each other with a mystery weapon in every person’s bag. it could be a sword to a gun to taser to a pot lid to binoculars. Its cool to watch if you like gore movies filled with death and violence, check it out :smile:

Worse than Reeves playing Arctor, Woody Harrelson is playing Luckman! I saw an interview with him on the set and he didn’t even understand that the film was going to be rotoscoped. When the interviewer asked him how he felt about being turned into a “cartoon character” he got really uptight, angry and confused. Hilarious.

Aw, he’s gonna ruin that character. :sad:

Oh My… :cool_laugh: What a great visuals of the movie! looks very artistic to me. Awesome!!:eek: The bad part is that of the storyline… don’t seem to be that interesting.

Don’t worry, the story’s great as long as Linklater doesn’t change it too much. And I know he’s a big fan of Philip K Dick so hopefully he won’t unless he really thinks it needs it.

Well whatever the storyline is i will give this movie a chance…

Whoa this movie looks really cool! …anyone know when it is coming out?

Yeah, unfortunately not until March 2006. It was supposed to be September/October this year, but it’s been pushed back, most likely due to the studio not compensating for the amount of time it takes to do the rotoscoping.