Self-Study Guide

Hiya.

I have recently been thinking of putting together a kind of self-study guide about the Dreamspell. So far in this forum, we’ve only really covered the very basics. Interpreting and understanding your signature is fun, but there is so much more to actually following the 13 moon calendar. For me personally, my big interest in the use of the 13 moon calendar, is it’s role in engaging our mind in the larger planetary order of being, the noosphere (or mental envelope of earth)…

Before we start, I wanted to recommend some really good reading material.

The 13 Moon Calendar, The Science of Time, and the Cyclic Order
Part 1: Ch 1 + 2
Part 2: Ch 3 + 4
Part 3: Ch 4
Part 4: Ch 6 + 7
Part 5: Ch 8 + 9
Part 6: Ch 10 + 11
Part 7: Ch 12
Part 8: Ch 13 + 14

I posed my suggestion about the self-study guide to Ilana, who suggested some good lines of questioning, to begin:

Anyway. These are just a start. But perhaps by people putting their questions out here. We can begin to develop a big comprehensive list of guide. I must admit I am very interested in doign such a thing, because I am a student at the moment, and then when I officially graduate and become a teacher, i will have a whole curriculum for teaching the 13 moon calendar… I like that idea!

So your questions - perhaps not those relating to an interpeting of your kin, but the broader use of the Dreamspell would be very much appreciated here. Post away! If you’re feeling inspired, perhaps you can have a go at putting your own answers to questions too… Who knows perhaps the library might benefit from what we create…?

Nick

I had an interesting dream about this thread last night. We were creating printed “question cards”. Q had drawn a small image, that went on the front side of each card. I was really happy with the way it looked.

On the cards were questions about the Dreamspell… The one I saw, read “What’s the deal with December 21st, 2012?” or something like that. I woke with this feeling, that the cards might be another real project that we could get working on. Cool!

Nick

cool indeed :smile:

Nick, do you mind if I incorporate some or all of the study guide onto my website? (I’ll include original authors and links to the original site on everything). I figure it would reach a wider audience (although not that wide…)

edit: sorry, should have been more specific: the study guide I was talking about was the The 13 Moon Calendar, The Science of Time, and the Cyclic Order (8 parts you have linked to in your first post). I’m planning on pulling some info from these as well as this thread to make a big FAQ mirrored on my site.

Hi AstareGod.

Oh yes. I should have made it clear. The guide I listed above (with the 8 separate links) is from the Foundation for the Law of Time, from a 7-week seminar they ran, in which they released the “28 Meditations on the Law of Time” to an audience of some 140 or so people, at a camp in Chile (i think)

Anything that spreads a deeper understanding, is in my eyes a good move! I’m sure the Foundation have made it publicly available for just that reason. So yes, I say go ahead, and
incorporate the content into your website.

Nice work Astare. Nick

Great… I’ll be busy this week so I won’t get it up, but near the end of next week, there should be something there.

Thanks for the reply :smile:

Actually, I have a lot of the Foundation’s stuff downloaded already.

They’re advocating a better calendar, but they use PDF format? Isn’t that kind of contradictory? :grin: :tongue:

There’s no way a few pictures and text should take up 3.8mb…

Astare, if you could change all of them to HTML format, that’d be awesome

Definitely! I’ve been away from home for a few days (and consequently, away from school also) so I’ll be busy making up missed work, but this week, I will definitely be adding a bunch of stuff to my knowledge site, including a lot of the stuff on the Peace Train calendar and also a lot of the other resources on other sites. I find it easier to check out my own website when I need to find out stuff! Of course, the forums here and at Sealife as well as other sites out there are wonderful!

Could someone start right at point 13 please? :wink:

Well, I’ve read about it quite some time ago, but I never quite figured what is so interesting about this calendar. Don’t want to sound arrogant here, perhaps I just didn’t quite understand it or was too lazy to read it all.

To me, a calendar is something of a theoretical construction, like a language or something. So, would be nice if anyone could give a very short summarize in which way all this theory actually affects our lives (or dreams).

hmm… well, the basic principle is that the Calendrical system most people use now (the Gregorian calendar) is very uneven and random. The new 13 moon/28 day calendar is made up of 13 even months of 28 days each, plus one day out of time. This makes calculating time between dates easier and, on a higher level, synchronizes us with the natural law of time and brings harmony into our life.

It is completely your decision to follow any calendrical system you choose, but I want to make sure that you know all about the 13 moon/28 day calendar so you can explore its benefits and see if it would work for you. Personally, I love it because it’s very straightforward, easy to figure out, and I find patterns in it a lot of the time.

hey everyone: I just finished a BIG update to the Dreamspell section of my website. I took a lot of what is in the Planet Art Network’s Journey of the Peace Train 13 moon calendar and put it into an FAQ. I’m still working on some of the articles on my website, but the FAQ is ready to go :smile:

a new time:
astareglobe.no-ip.com/humanissues/newtime
the FAQ:
astareglobe.no-ip.com/humanissue … e/faq.html

(edit: Aug 4th - Links updated due to site reorganization)