Funny thing about dream diaries...

lol all of these all cool… hmm… maybe i’ll start a ND diary…

lol … funny stuff…

I’ve just started keeping a dream journal… I have 4 NDs recorded. The second one I was still half asleep when I wrote apparently because it’s mostly just scribbling all over the page and almost completely illegible. I don’t remember the dream, but the only word I was able to decipher was ‘sex’. Doh! too bad I forgot that one.

Heck – my handwriting’s pretty poor when I’m properly awake!

Yeah it has happened to me. I will go back and read older entries from my dream journal and be like, huh lol. I know I wrote this but goodness I don’t really remember this dream.

I feel that is why it is good to write your dreams down as soon as you wake up. There are many mornings where I really don’t feel like it. My eyes are half open my hand is still half asleep, but I do it because it really helps me with dream recall in the future as well as interpreting my dreams and noticing recurring symbols and patterns.

In the long run, it really helps you to learn more about yourself and helps to solve problems in this life. :happy:

Oh, does anyone notice how you will start to remember stuff from your dreams during the day while doing other stuff? Then you gotta try to go write it down or add it to your DJ ? This has been happening to me a lot lately. It’s like certain things during the day will trigger my memory of a dream I had the night before. :eek:

No, not at all. In fact, it’s the exact opposite for me (probably because there IS nothing in my daily life that even comes close to my weird dreams!). I remember the details of a dream when I wake up and commit them to memory so that I can call them up when I need to. Then, I get out of bed and promptly let myself “forget” everything. During the day I don’t think about dreaming at all.

But at night time, as soon as I sit back down in my bed and get my laptop ready to type up the dream, the details come flooding back. Sometimes even parts I didn’t remember when I first woke up. I think it’s being in bed that triggers the memories, for sure.

Cool, Storm. :wink:

So, yours are triggered later in the day when you get back into bed. I see.

For me it’s with any random thing during the day. I was looking out my window one day and saw a tiny bug on the screen, then it hit me! I had a weird dream the other night about bugs that completely slipped my mind until that moment lol.

Then I go and write it down in my DJ.

I’ve had this happen, too. I was watching a movie and when a doctor picked up a scalpal I was hit with a memory of a dream I had where I was trying to get this knife/scalpal thing from a dream DC… I couldn’t recall much more about it, but the movie triggered it, and I didn’t remember it at ALL before that.

I usually remember more dreams from last night when I go to bed the night after.

I have had a few that where just odd.

“Monkey on the roof”
“Zombie is eating my leg again” :eek:
“Shot rob again today,He said to do it again.”

I was reading this thread and fell off my chair from laughing so hard. I just started my DJ today so I don’t have any weird entries in it yet.

Heh. I wrote something like that in my dream blog (sig) but it was along the lines of “fought the bouncy marshmallow bunnies”

I do that sometimes, but it’s not as much fun, because I always remember eventually. I’ve always had good dream recall. So even if I do find a page in one of my school notebooks with ‘GREEN LEOTARD’ added in red sharpie(which I did), I’ll remember what it means eventually. (I did.)

When I used to just do keywords in a video game I play that has like a notebook command, this would happen all the time. But I stopped that and started writing them out completely, but just last night I wrote something down quickly, and it says.
“Where is ipedj” Or something. I think there is a t in there somewhere. Mayb ipedjt oh, (is looking at note now) maybe its ipeobjl. That doesn’t help.

But the greatest nonsense is
“hamster on the river guns to school, non-existant 80 show maybe”

“stripping kungfu doberman and dauschands” is good too, but I know what that is talking about.

Know what’s funny? I never realized that most people (or at least a lot) get up in the middle of the night. Once I get to bed, I sleep like a log. I don’t usually wake up unless someone shakes me really hard. My parents say that I’ve slept through storms and car accidents and really loud noises without stirring.

ANYWAY…

I started writing notes down in the morning so I wouldn’t have to keep remembering all day. Now I can post on this topic- yay! Most of my stuff is remembered since I don’t go back to sleep after writing them, but there’s still a few things that are freaky.

Stuff from this morning…

-aliens/penguins/space train/P + L from FG/gassed

:eek:

a couple of days ago, i woke up from sleep and decided to write something down for the morning. Then i almost immediately fell back asleep. When morning came i didn’t even remember writing something to my DJ. But during the day I realized “hey! didn’t i write something in there?” So i went to look.
There was 1 sentence written wiht wavering handwriting. It was hard to read and it took few minutes to decipher. But that one sentence was “I am from Mou”.
I was like WTF??? Why did i write this? And what was the dream?

On September 19th, I woke up in the middle of the night, and I had had a cool dream, so I decided to write it down. I don’t normally wake up in the middle of the night, so I knew I’d have forgotten it by the morning. Apparently I was right. Most of it makes sense, except for the two first lines - “glass message” and “convertible.”

On the 24th, I did the same thing. The problem was that I tend to write down things people said in dreams first, because I like to know what they said word-for-word. The problem with this was that I didn’t write anything else down. So all I remember is someone saying the thing, but not the context. The whole entry…

“I thought it was the blue one”
"it must really suck to be in her family

I try to keep my dream diary as detailed and accurate as possible. I am fortunate enough to have a high recall percentage and it helps a lot to have a photographic memory or even being able to visualize memories with the mind.
It IS hard to get up out of bed in the night (sometimes early morning) to write down 1 or 2 dreams. You’re supposed to just lay there and remember them before taking any record. That takes a lot of concentration where you are just waking and wanting to go back to sleep, not focus on remembering some dream. I guess it depends on how much you want it.
Ordinarily my dreams will have at least one unique event that makes it worth remembering.
keep at those diaries though, you’ll be glad you did :smile:

Stirfry (or anyone)…I’m curious. I also have very high recall, detail-oriented, etc., & I’m wondering if you’ve had the same experience with journalling that I have: Now that I’ve been keeping up the habit very faithfully for a few years, the amount of writing I put down is growing to almost unmanageable levels. It is great to get so much info out of myself, but I’m often writing for an hour or so after waking in the morning. Three, four pages single spaced. This grew from just a paragraph or so at first.
Also, my hunch is that I am not so much remembering more details, but in fact remembering further back into the “plot” of that night. If dreams come in the units of “scenes,” (like a minute-long or so experience in one setting more or less) it feels as if my recall has grown from 1 or 2 scenes at first, to something like 15 or so.

Once, i had woken up during the night and written one word on my mobile phone: “aqua”. I never remembered the dream.