Dreamspell 2 (program)

I got the error message “Invalid command line parameter” while trying to install it. :sad:

eek! :happy: programmers must hate this! It’s not your fault Siiw, it’s mine! I always fail to test my install program on multiple systems with other configs :smile:

important
everyone: make sure you download AND install the .net framework before you try to install the program. If you don’t have it downloaded or installed, visit Microsoft’s website at msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/ … mework1_1/ to get it.

If you know you don’t have it, you can instead go here to get it faster.

important
edit: If you still have problems installing or using my program (TDC) please PM me with details of your problem (including any error messages) and I’ll PM you back with the solution as soon as I find one. I’ll also post the solution here so other users can fix any problems they encounter.

update
New version 2.02!

update bug fixes - the “galactic activation portal” bug and the “holon generator” bugs are fixed in version 2.02.

My Dreamspell program has grown in features! In addition to calculating any Gregorian date to the 13 moon date and its Galactic Signature, I have also changed around the holon generator, added a galactic signature decoder, and added a wavespell and moon navigator! The new version also features pasQuale’s new kin images, which I think will give the program a whole new look.

This version is feature-rich and can be used in a multitude of ways (e.g. finding dates, looking at wavespells or moons, decoding signatures, calculating holons, etc)

You need to visit the website astareglobe.no-ip.com/knowledge/ … reamspell2 to download the program. To learn how to use the program, check out the guide to Dreamspell 2.

thanks for your interest!

Current version 2.02 (released Sunday, April 17, 2005)
There was a bug in the holon generator when removing signatures. There was also a bug in determining whether a particular signature was a galactic activation portal. These bugs have been fixed in version 2.02.

edit had a few problems getting my old posts to delete. To make this thread simple, I’m gonna delete old posts of previous updates and just keep the new updates at the bottom, as well as update the top post when it comes to new versions…

previous users of TDC v1.2 or DDC v1.21
If you downloaded a previous version of TDC or DDC, you will need to uninstall it and install the new one to update it. The new version installs in another folder (because of the name change). Updates will be more simplified in the future.

Very Cool! Well done :smile:

Now I want to finish mine :razz:

hey Inch: What other features do you have in mind for the Palmspell program? I came up with the signature decoder, wavespell-navigator, and moon-navigator while I was on break in New Orleans and I was amazed at the amount of creativity I could put into it and how useful it has become for me. I’d love to see the same thing happen for Palmspell, as many people could use it while they are away from their desktop PCs.

At the moment, I’m plan on including the affirmations and a holon calculator.

Cool… lemme know if I can help with any of that :smile:

Well, it seems that you don’t handle properly the shutdown notifications 'cause my PC doesn’t shutdown anymore :smile:

I’m aware of that now :smile: to fix the problem, make sure you shut down the program before trying to shut down windows.

I know that (at least) with Windows XP, if you initiate shutdown or logoff while the program is still running, the shutdown or logoff process will not complete. Just close the program (right click the dreamspell 2 icon in the notification area and choose ‘exit’) then try shutting down or logging off again, and it should work.

this will be fixed in version 2.03 or 2.1

The problem where Dreamspell 2 would not correctly exit upon shutting down or logging off of windows has been FIXED :ok: :clap: :beer: :cheer: :boogie:

the new version (v 2.03) has just been released and you can download the latest version from my website. It is highly advised that you get the new version.

astareglobe.no-ip.com/knowledge/ … reamspell2

It’s been almost a month since the last release. Here’s what I have planned for the next release (v2.1)

for the holon generator:

It will display the name of the kin (e.g. Yellow Rhythmic Sun) with the kin # (e.g. 240) in the list of kin
you will be able to save all the kin in a holon in a file for later use. this eliminates you from having to add all the kin over again if you want to add or remove a specific one
for the wavespell/moon calendar
I will include the names of the days of the week (Dali, Seli, and so on)
Day tiles will have their backgrounds colored according to the wavespell they are a part of
You will be able to jump years in the calendar mode, and Harmonic cycles (260 days) in the wavespell mode
You will be able to “jump” to the nearest wavespell, instead of having to navigate through them all to find a particular one
there will probably be some changes or additions to this new list of features. I’ll keep everyone updated here on the development.

As always, if you have any suggestions, let me know and I’ll make them happen!

:cool:

HaiScai - hmm… I’m gonna have to know how exactly they match up with the days. I’ve seen the moon phases on Nick’s (explora’s) calendar, but I never really found a use for it. Maybe it can be a feature for later. If you could get some information on the math for it all (or maybe how long they last, etc.) I can somehow stick it in there.

thanks for the suggestion though, and the positive comment :wink:

actually, there are two cycles to the moon. One lasts around 29 days, and the other, around 27 days. The creator of the 13 moon calendar decided to average the lengths of these two cycles to form 28 days, which in turn is the length of the month in the 13 moon calendar. BUT, I’m not sure which of the two cycles of the moon correspond to the actual waxing->waning process. I guess I can dig up some information, program a prototype, and see how accurate it is by testing it out with dates far in the future…

that’s a nice site to use. I probably will add a moon phase (simplified) into my program in v2.1… until then :smile: thanks for sharing the suggestion!

The moon has two cycles? I didn’t know that. :cool: Is there any place I can learn about that? Where did you learn it?

The reason I wonder about this, is the fact that I have noticed 29 day cycles in some personal experiences, for example I experience some senses to be stronger in certain parts of the cycle.

check out this link on 13moon.com’s site:
13moon.com/nat%20cal%2028%20days.htm

here’s a quote from the page:

Oh, I see! I was only thinking about phases, not location in the sky. Thanks :cool: