Telekinesis

heh, straight from Wikipedia:

“The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) (randi.org/) offers a one million U.S. dollars prize to anyone who can demonstrate any psychic or paranormal phenomenon. For more information about this challenge, see the corresponding section of the James Randi article.”

Urrr… what difference do you see between TK and PK? :confused:

There is a free ebook that I had the pleasure of reading. I can’t quote it all as scripture, but it offered a very Very good perspective into things many people thing of as impossible. “Victor Zammit’s: A laywer presents a case for the afterlife.” Great book. Talks about many things that have happened in the supernatural past that have gone either unthought about, or written off as something a little more …‘digestable.’ In it he brings to light dates, times, and all around references for different supernatural events. You can probably find it on google. Anyway, back to this conversation. About the ‘can’t harm anyone with tk’ thing, I’m not saying its not true, because I can’t do TK myself. (But I’m working on it :wink: But in it, he speaks of a woman who was doing a controlled experiment on her supposed “TK” with a very skeptical investigator (famous person, I forget who) and to this guys surprise, the woman would, continuously, cause the man’s heart to slow to the point where he could actually feel himself begining to pass out.

Its been a while since I’ve read the article, and a few things maybe obscured, but read it yourself. Very interesting.

do you mean psychokinesis? Psychokinesis and telekinesis are the same thing… psychokinesis is the more scientific term because Telekinesis, translated actualy means remote viewing, or seeing from a graet distance…

Now a days though… people use the term telekinesis to describe moving things normaly, and psychokinesis to describe all the kinesis,… you know, like all that other wierd stuff… hydrokinesis, pyrokinesis… :tongue:

PLEASE go to this site, it is 1000x better than psi-pog, but then again most stuff is. I really don’t like psi-pog because they make it sound like magic. This site has much better videos, better articles, a forum just like this one, and lots of info and news. here’s the link:

https://www.ppsociety.com

I also am pretty skeptical about this stuff, but I don’t let my skeptiscism effect my belief that there are things the human brain can do that haven’t been aknowledged by mainstream science.
I’m going to look at these websites.

LOL ! Just be aware that the “Mothman sightings in London” article was published on April the 1st ! :wink:

April the first eh? I guess that rules out that article as anything remotely serious :content:

Again:

““The James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) (randi.org/) offers a one million U.S. dollars prize to anyone who can demonstrate any psychic or paranormal phenomenon. For more information about this challenge, see the corresponding section of the James Randi article.””

What are you waiting for if you can actually do it??

You actually think you can move a pencil? If you actually could move a pencil you would ge the Nobel Price. Honestly, if such a thing as telekinesis would work it would probably be used for a better purpose than just spinning pencils. There would be like 46486465163 scientists working on it…if not more.
I’ve never seen a guy who can use telekinesis in a serious tv program in my whole life. Ok, maybe I’m too sceptical now. Of course, I would’nt be super surprised if someone did it but it just feels a bit unlikely atm.

And that is a mental block

Why are you people just ignoring what I said!??

if you can do it, just go get a million dollars; it should’nt be hard if you can actually do it!

That’s not how it works. That James Randi guy is impossible to to make happy. There have been hundreds of psychic people who have gone down there to prove to him that psi powers do exist, but he has a catch that you don’t know about until you actually go to do it. He won’t accept any demonstrations such as moving a psi-wheel or rolling a pencil or anything of that sort. The only thing he will consider being “psychic” is moving a chair all the way across the room or lifting up a car with your mind, and obviously noone has come forward yet to claim the prize.

BUT, that does not mean that psychic powers do not exist. Why would someone want to go to his Institute and win? Yeah they may get $1,000,000, but as soon as they won, the media would NEVER leave them alone (ex. Uri Gellar) and they would probably be shuffled off by the U.S. military for tests and experiments and live the rest of their lives as some “lab rat.”

Maybe people don’t want the fame and lab rat lifestyle? I know I wouldn’t.

For a better purpose than spinning pencils eh?
He probably can’t do anything else, rolling pencils is a way of practicing…

you start with a psiwheel, then when you can do that, you move on to something else such as a pencil, then when you can roll that pencil… you move on to something more difficult then your skill increases :wink:

46486465163? that would be a lot of scientists lol… there are many people working on it :wink:

Did you know that Stalin, the dictator of russia made his scientists study telepathy? They prduced results but they werent good enough to satisfy him. He had some of his scientists killed for not researching fast enough :wink:

It’s good to be skepticle… you shouldnt believe EVERYTHING, but its also good to have an open mind… not so open that your brains fall out though… (where have I heard that phrase before? :eh: )

Unfortunately, though I mostly agree with the Randi/SCICOP crowd in most cases, they have been caught numerous times mis-representing research they didn’t like, cooking data, cooking methodologies when their own research didn’t produce the results they wanted, praising sloppy research that conformed to their position, repeatedly re-publishing analyses that have been thoroughly (and fundementally) discredited by leading experts in the field, etc (founding members have quit over this kind of thing – which is how I first became aware of this problem).

It’s a shame. The fuzzy-minded, “I want to believe” types at least sort of have an excuse for this kind of behavior. The guys claiming to represent the forces of Reason, Rationality and the Scientific Method are supposed to know better.

Remember too (though technically this is besides the point) -- just a few decades ago lucid dreaming was considered to be part of that NewAge/psychic/occult studies fringe.  People -- including Nobel Laureates -- were seriously arguing that dreams weren't even a "real" phenomenom. 

PS:  "telekenisis" is derived from greek roots signifying "distant motion" .  Like "telephone" is derived from "distant sound".

alain nu is also good at this sort of thing, i don’t know if and of you have heard of him but he can do this stuff too. i have just resently started researching it and trying it out and i do believe that you can focus your energy on one point and heat it up like bending a spoon for example. scientists took the spoons of people that had bent them with their energy and determined that the spoons were heated up to 12,000 to 13,000 degrees when they bent!

I’m kinda on the same page as Skwakmix. Why doesn’t someone just prove it? There’s nothing stopping them, is there :eh:

Even if that was fahrenheit it would still be so hot that any metal would melt instantly and it would be so hot that it would be glowing white. And if it fell on the floor it would probably melt through the floor…

Wow…

That’s hot :wink:.

if you can move a car with your mind, you can stop a bullet. no military/police nut is ever going to touch you again. you can also move camera and cameraman across 4 time zones with powers like that.

if you think about it, a person with powerful enough tk abilities can do anything. no weapon in the world would be able to touch you. nukes, no problem. radiation, no problem. lasers, no problem. chem/bio weapons, no problem. they are all based on some form of matter. you can just make a shield around you out of the surrounding air, thick enough to hold back whatever, and hold it there. think of the possibilies. you could be like superman, only better! and not allergic to cryptonite :tongue:

hey wait a minute. maybe god is just some random human with insanely powerful tk abilities? someone like that would easily be able to hold back aging and other things that make you “mortal”, so it would be possible, in theory…