The BIG "Was this a LD?" Topic

All you really have to do is think about what you want, this may be an activity, a thing, or anything else you can imagine…

I’ve had a few LDs and I just really tend to play around with the world around me. I like to become invincible and break scaffolding down with a lightning-speed hand movement, and bend poles with no real effort.

But to become lucid, is just to know that you are dreaming. But, here, we like to explore our dream world, knowing that we are lucid. You may want to destroy your dream world (me) or may want to visit another world alltogether. But I often have trouble remembering my objectives when I have LDs.

Also, a tip… don’t get too excited when you realise that you are dreaming, you can wake yourself up!

Thank you, jonesje2. :smile:

I think I must have had a low level of lucidity, as all I could see was blackness when I realised I was dreaming, and must have woken up about 5 seconds after I realised I was dreaming.

I take it that when you are dreaming with a high level of lucidity, the world around you is in full colour, etc?

Thanks,
Steve.

Yah, the bottom line with the question “was this an LD” is did you know in the dream that you were dreaming. If you did then it is an LD.

High or low lucitidy refers to your level of awareness during the LD. Low lucidity is closest to having a ND, you know you are dreaming but that’s about it, while high lucidity is closest to waking life, you know it is a dream, you are aware of what you wanted to do, of your IRL memories, etc etc. The first thing I set in my mind to do when I get lucid (if I remember, sometimes Im even too low lucid to do this) is to get as high lucid as possible, after that I will remember automatically what I intended to do in the LD.

Hi Steve McManus! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:
If you’ve had your LD during the night you discovered LD’ing, you’ve probably broken the record of the most quickly got first LD! :wink:

I think I understand you question. I had a dream once in which I realized I was dreaming (thus it was a LD), but it didn’t increase my consciousness at all (and it was very frustrating!) :grrr:
I’ve no specific technique or advice to give you. In this dream, I shouted “I’m lucid! I’m lucid! I’m lucid!” and suddenly my consciousness increased. It was like a veil disappeared in front of my eyes, all was clearer, and in my mind too. Then I could undertake things I generally do in my LD’s, like flying, etc. :smile:

Yesterday I felt very tired when I was going to sleep (it was late at night). I lied in my bed and felt my head and eyes going heavier, when I thought about trying to get lucid (I’ve never succed before).
I started to say “It’s just a dream, I’m lucid” to myself a couple of times, when I suddenly heard a strange, swishing and beeping (“Wiiisch”, “Beeep”) sound and felt my body sort of shaking. I think I was in the twilight zone between waking and sleeping (wich is described at the main-site). I fell asleep.
I had a couple of dreams that night, even though I just remeber parts or fragments of them.
The first one seemed to appear right after the swishing sound. I don’t remeber much of it, but I remeber that I found myself outside my house. I thought that I was dreaming (I didn’t do any reality check). Anyway, I started to fly around my house, and i did it witch succes. I actually didn’t find it hard at all.
I don’t remeber much more, and I think I started to follow the flow of the dream.
I had another dream were I stood in my school. I looked at my hands and they didn’t look as usual. I checked the time, and it changed when I turned my head away.
After that, I don’t remeber more.

Did i ever get lucid? It felt just like a normal dream, without any ‘kick’.
Before I went to bed I had visited this site for one hour or two, so my brain was totally full of LD-stuff. Maybe it was my brain joking with me; maybe I just dreamed a dream about being lucid, cause I didn’t think that clear in the dream, and I don’t remeber much of it afterwhile.

It sounds like its hard for the most of you guys to fly for the first time, but to me it felt so natural. Maybe i wasn’t lucid, and just dreamed a dream where I flied?
Does it sounds like some form of pre-lucidity? Cause in the back of my head, I knew that I was dreamimg - even though I didn’t think mych about it, or found it fascinating.

You thought that you were dreaming, and that means its a LD. LD’s dont need to “feel” a lot different from ND’s, after all they are the same, only the awareness is different. Also, your thoughts won’t be very clear in all of your LD’s, certainly not at first, since it takes experience. Perhaps these dreams last night were only “pre-lucid” (where you acted like you were in a LD, and only knew it in the back of your head), but at least this means you are already close to getting the full-blown experience soon!

I remember I was flying very easily in my first LD. So it’s not a proof of non-lucidity.
What is very strange is that your recall seems to be very vague. The first one was lucid, as you said you realized you were dreaming. It was probably very low-lucid. The second one seems to be a prelucid dream.
You should perhaps make a RC when you become lucid, or shout “I’m lucid!”. It will probably give you the “kick” which was missing in your last dreams, what happens sometimes…

question… I had an experiance last night i got this cd where it almost hypnotizes you… i was lying there i couldnt go to sleep wasnt working so i finally fell asleep i then woke up at about 4 am for about 10 min sat there and thought about wanting a LD so then i went back to sleep all i remember was lying there on teh edge of my bed not being able to sleep kindof in an 1/2 1/2 state well then my wife moved and it was like SNAP i woke up on the other side of the bed holding her but i could have sworn i was just laying on the otherside hanging my arms over the bed. Funny thing was i was kindof awar but not… i couldnt move i remeber then i woke up was like WTF seriosly i felt myself lying off the bed then woke up somewhere different… Today my minds just been all crazy with LD thoughts… i want to LD so bad…! was that a step?

when i was lying there. i listening to the music and such i kept looking deeper and deeper… then i would see somthing like colors or an object all of the sudden… my heart would race … my eyes kept trying to open so i was holding them shut but not it was just i dont know how to explain all i know is when i did lyed down… i wasnt listening to the music

also… i couldnt move… i dont understand how you transgress to the point where you can move but not… i felt like if i opened my eyes or moved i really would how do you get past that

no help?

I’m thinking no one has replied, cos no one is really sure what to make of this :wink:.

However, it does sound to me like you reach SP - which can be used for acheiving LD’s (in WILD). So yah - it’s a step in the right direction :grin:.

Hi there!

This looks like a good topic to start with for me.
Not to long ago I met someone who gives dream interpetations.
Because of her I started to pay attention to my dreams and noticed that I sometimes changed them while I was dreaming.
When dreams are scary, ore when very bad memories come up in some way, I tel myself that I am dreaming, and do not want to see/dream about those things.
I think about something else, and the thing I was dreaming is gone.
Most of the time it does not change into what I was thinking about, but it does change.
This only happens when emotions are very strong.

Is this Lucid dreaming?
Ore just a way of subconsiously not dealing with memories of some kind?

(sorry for my bad grammar, I have to get into my english again, and that will take some time :content: )

Thanks!
Greetings From Eliane/December Spirit :smile:

Well, if you tell yourself that you’re dreaming, then that implies you knew you were dreaming (though that is certain - you may have said it absent mindly).

Quite simply, ask yourself this: Did you know you were dreaming in those dreams? If the answer is yes, then you were lucid.
If the answer is no, then you weren’t.
If the answer is ‘I’m not sure’ then you probably weren’t.

If you were lucid, it sounds like a low level one. At any rate, it’s not to unusual to become lucid in nightmares to escape the problem (I know I use to when I was younger… though all I did was wake myself up).

Hope that helps you :smile:.

Thanks for your answer, I was lucid then.
I knew that I was dreaming, and decided to change the course of that part of the dream.

Low level, yes I think so too.
I never tried to become lucid, and never gave it any thought.
It must be normal that I do not control it very good. :content:

I have a question.
And hope that its oke that I post it in this topic.

In those dreams, I seem to want to run away from certain things.
And because I am aware of dreaming at those points, I realy do run away.
My question is about this.

It seems to me dreams tell and learn you so much.
But if you can ‘run’ away for the more difficult parts, you do not cope with what you should learn and see.
Is lucid dreaming good for you then?
I am a little affraid of changing the proces people have when dealing with difficult things.
dreams are very important for that :smile:

LD’ing is very good for you, in confronting your fears (as you seem to wish to do).

Imagine this - you didn’t become lucid. As such, you thought the danger was real. You’d naturally run away to save yourself.

However, when you’re lucid you know there is no danger (well, in a low level LD you may still think you’re in danger) and so can confront the fear.

There are generally two paths you can take to confront your nightmares:

1. Kill whatever is trying to harm you.

2. Become friends with it (at this point, it usually transforms into something nice).

Choice number two is meant to be best for you, but choice number one is funner :wink:.

I See.
The dreams are not realy about something harming me.
although, its about memory`s about things that happend in my live.
And sometimes come back aswell.
Dreaming about those things cause fear, and pain. So I make myself dream about something else.

But I see your point.
Maybe the next time I dream about it, I can be aware of the fact that I can face it.

Another question :smile:
When you have been dreaming like this, do you rest the same way as when you are not lucid?
(my bad english is bothering me big time :content: )
I mean, you are aware the whole time (can it be the whole time) So sleep is differend.

Do you understand what I mean? I cannot explain it fully right now, the words seem to be lost :smile:

Hi DecemberSpirit! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:

Your nick and avatar are very poetic! :smile:

Generally speaking, lucid dreams don’t last very long. It’s rather rare when they last more than 5 minutes. Then you go back to a normal dream (in which you do no more realize you’re dreaming) or you wake up. So it doesn’t really modify your sleep schedule.

Did you notice any increase of awareness or vividity of the background when you control your dreams? Or did it happen quite naturally, without any dramatic change in your consciousness state? It seems that a lot of women can control their dream, though they are not really lucid dreaming. It’s perhaps a prelucid state, or they become lucid just during a few seconds, modify what they want, then go back to a normal dream. :confused:

Well, just thought I’d post about this here… (I’ve already have 1 experience where I’m not sure it was lucid)
This was a few days ago. I was having this… weird dream yknow like they’re plotting something there’s no way out I’M GONNA DIE I’M GONNA DIE!!! Well jsut out of the blue I closed my eyes and thought… hey wait I’m dreaming and I told it to a DC and said “Think about it hard, we’re dreaming” and he said “Oh yeah” so I just did random stuff going where I wasn’t supposed to and stuff but one thing… I would try to fly or something if I was hhaving an LD so I’m not sure… I was at a relitively high level of lucidity though it lasted a while.