Foil Induced Lucidity Method (was an April Fools)

It’s funny how the only people who have said they’ve tried this and it worked have 5 posts or less on this site …

If you really want people to try this darxide, try sounding a little less like a used car salesman. :smile:

he is only informing us of the technique not selling us his brand of foil or anything. give him a go.

but i tried it and never worked for me. it wasnt uncomfortable for me, i can sleep easily with or without any distrubances.

at least it works for some.

exidez i think we’re on the same page because it tried it and didn’t work for me so i think it only works for some ppl BUT i didn’t use the right method,let me explain, instead of using foil wrapped on my foot, i did it with 2 pair of socks and the foil was in pieces instead of a whole…

Oops I did it again - with TWO feet wrapped in foil. Am I stubborn? Let me tell you up front, no lucid dreams. But wait! This time I overheated. Maybe my room was a bit hot, anyway in the early morning I got too uncomfortable to continue and peeled off the foil. I say peeled off because it kind of sticked to my feet because of sweat.

On the bright side, at some point I was dreaming that I am pissing (literally), being semi-aware that I am actually in my bed and keeping the valve shut. The prolonged and copious piss was quite pleasurable. Try it when you have an opportunity.

APRIL FOOLS

:cool_laugh: I started this 9 days before April Fools and am ending it 99 posts after it was started! Yes and if you think I have no life you are probably right!

Now don’t get me wrong, I am a real lucid dreamer, but I couldn’t resist getting people to put tin foil on their feet and pickle juice under their nose!

And so I don’t go to hell I must admit I never tried this technique… so thus it never worked.

I owe an I’m sorry to anyone who is ready to kill me, but can’t you see the humor in it? :shy:

Moderators: Please don’t lock this until they all get a chance to tell me how mean I am.

Darxide are you being sarcastic on your last post or is a real April;s fool of you all of this “FOIL” thing :bored: ? isn’t funny…

hmmm, i was about to defend him too…April Fool’s isn’t meant to be a 3 week thing you know.

Heh,the idea was just fine -bright, humorous and harmless.
Misleading was the fact that it has been started not exactly on Fools Day and this is what its all about.
I liked it anyways:)

Hmmm… Darxide, there is a proverb in my country: “the shortest jokes, the best jokes”. Don’t you have the same? :puh:

At the least, your joke has teached us a general principle: suggestion is better if accompanied with a ritual. Some beginners tried your technique and had very good results with it. Unless you invented a new performing technique without knowing it! You perhaps should try it, Darxide, I’m sure you’ll have incredibly long and numerous LD’s! :happy:

I’ll change the title of your topic (in order that you won’t fool new inattentive readers). :wink: I don’t lock the thread immediatly, thus your beta testers can reply and possibly kill you peacefully. :tongue:

well kragea was obviously created by darxide…

Obviously? I’m not so sure… :eh:

LOL. :cool_laugh: I don’t like the fact that it wasn’t started on April 1, but it was still hillarious. It was just weird enough to be believable. :tongue: Well done, you made people do some very strange things. I’ll have to think of something for the future… :grin:

Darxide,

Please tell me this, you say you are a real lucid dreamer, so on the nights that you were fooling us by saying how you got all these LD using the FILM technique, what were you really doing?

Did you really have LD but using the proven techniques on those nights?

I never tried any of this, i only just came across the thread in the last half an hour, i read it all and thought it was a load of nonsense. But from all the replies i just wish you didn’t post it as being a joke as this could really of worked for people, as a placebo.

By the way the technique of wrapping foil is very similar to something i posted a while back, i feel that when the feet do get very warm you can induce a concious OBE. Do a search for one of my posts and you will see the thread.

My experience in warm feet makes the leg sway from side to side, this can be used as a way of pressure to come out of the body.

Anyway happy dreaming amigos

I knew it would not work from the moment I read this post. However a few people did not take me seriously. Now I get to say I told you so.

I told you so

Hehehe. Oh, I might have had 5 posts or less, but I am not Darxide. In fact, I know him in real life and he got me introduced to lucid dreams, I just don’t post much, and I just recently got this account. Oh, and the whole monk/oil/wool on feet was fake too. And I really didn’t have any LD’s when I supposedly tried the foil meathod. Also, the joke probably wouldn’t have worked as well had it just happened on April fools. But hey, hopefully it had a placebo affect (and hopefully this unveiling of sorts didn’t destroy it). Oh, and this thread is the only one where we told fibs (as far as my knowledge goes anyway). Happy dreaming!

I woulda laughed more if it ended on april first. but by my watch its the 26th.

The monks mostly used meditation to reach the stage of lucidity. The foil COULD work but not in the magical way promised in here. Like in my previous post i had stated the MOST you could get out of wrapping your feet in… foil. Would be the confidence boost. that is all it could do. It gives you and your subc a fake faith in that will work. I rather however train my subc to trust itself, and know that LDing is easy. Once you can break down the mental blocks you can fly.

:smile: Well, I am glad I am not dead yet… and thanks for your proverb, Basilus!

Oddly enough, I did have more lucid dreams will stringing people along with this lie. Not as many as I said, but there really was one night were I started off with a WILD followed by 2 or 3 DILDs! I just fell asleep listening to Lost Prophets that night without using any techniques. I did some wake back to bed during this joke and that caused me to have some more lucid dreams, but the majority of them were spontaneous.

Yes, I believe that it worked for those who really believed it would. Placebo is a powerful thing! :smile:

If people had LD’s by this method because they got a boost in confidence, it wasn’t placebo after all :wink:… all methods partly provide LD’s this way!

TOLD YOU SO!!! :grin:

(first post on page 2)