rubiks cube

does anyone here know how to solve a rubiks cube? if yes then what is your best time? i have got into speed cubing and my best time for a 3x3x3 (standard) cube is 1:23 that is quite good for an age of 13 eh? i set that thismorning and i will probably break it again tomorrow :smile: i use the layer method and at my fastest speed when i do memorized algothrims sp? i reach a speed of 3 moves per second my record for solving one side is 16 secs i am definetly going to go for the world record (12 secs) when i am older

ps hey i just realised how many users there are i havent been on here for a while and i got the actual username karl not karl1 or karl 123 or something because i was here first so all the people who try and sign up as karl it says its been taken so they have to sign up as karl123 or something haha suckers!

I can solve them, but my fastest time (occured while I was 13 also), was 2 mins. I also use layer method, but don’t really care about speed solving. I mean, who cares? Don’t waste your life on a cube. Yes, it’s fun to show off, but it’s just a puzzle.

no offense but dont be so pessimistic i am not wasting my life. every day at school at lunchtime i go to my form class eat lunch and try to beat my record for the rubiks cube before i done the rubiks cube in my form class every lunch time i would just sit there and talk so its just something to do plus it uses both sides of the brain and improves hand/eye coordination and dexterity

Sorry, I just got a little too involved. Obviously, you can do what you want, but what I really mean is, don’t sit and practice for hours on end.

Everyone has a hobby. I sit in front of the computer for hours on end. I’m really good at it. But that’s not as impressive as solving a rubix cube.

I think my best time is about 4 weeks… give or take :content:

ya, these things are fun. I use Fridrich SpeedCube Method, and i don’t waste my life on these, I might solve like 15min a day.

Oh, and my best is 43 seconds (non-lucky)

I’ve only solved on once, but then I’ve never tried that hard of often. Maybe I’ll bust it out and give it whirl later on tonight.

This is already a topic. I’m quite sure of it. Because I posted a response with a link of a person solving a rubix cube in about fifteen seconds.

Yes, there is a topic already about this because I created it. These two should probably be merged. But by now it is probably several pages down and most people don’t use search nor do they look through a bunch of pages.

I haven’t played with mine in a while, so my best time right now is 2:20 (min:sec). At my prime, I guess I could do around 1:30 (min:sec). I need new decals, because I’m having a hard time distinguishing green, yellow, and white (because the colors are fading off). I am either rickity, or having a hard time with the decals. Either way, I am not as fast as I used to be.

I can always get one face and the middle row real fast, its the opposite face that eludes me.
Any pointers?

My technique is a little hard to explain (and no, it is not the layer technique).

After geeting frustrated with it after days of getting no where, I took all the stickers off and put them back on the right way…take THAT rubiks cube! :grrr: Needless to say that was my one and only experiance with them, and that was years ago. :smile: