Telekinesis

You actually think you can move a pencil? If you actually could move a pencil you would ge the Nobel Price. Honestly, if such a thing as telekinesis would work it would probably be used for a better purpose than just spinning pencils. There would be like 46486465163 scientists working on it…if not more.
I’ve never seen a guy who can use telekinesis in a serious tv program in my whole life. Ok, maybe I’m too sceptical now. Of course, I would’nt be super surprised if someone did it but it just feels a bit unlikely atm.

And that is a mental block

Why are you people just ignoring what I said!??

if you can do it, just go get a million dollars; it should’nt be hard if you can actually do it!

That’s not how it works. That James Randi guy is impossible to to make happy. There have been hundreds of psychic people who have gone down there to prove to him that psi powers do exist, but he has a catch that you don’t know about until you actually go to do it. He won’t accept any demonstrations such as moving a psi-wheel or rolling a pencil or anything of that sort. The only thing he will consider being “psychic” is moving a chair all the way across the room or lifting up a car with your mind, and obviously noone has come forward yet to claim the prize.

BUT, that does not mean that psychic powers do not exist. Why would someone want to go to his Institute and win? Yeah they may get $1,000,000, but as soon as they won, the media would NEVER leave them alone (ex. Uri Gellar) and they would probably be shuffled off by the U.S. military for tests and experiments and live the rest of their lives as some “lab rat.”

Maybe people don’t want the fame and lab rat lifestyle? I know I wouldn’t.

For a better purpose than spinning pencils eh?
He probably can’t do anything else, rolling pencils is a way of practicing…

you start with a psiwheel, then when you can do that, you move on to something else such as a pencil, then when you can roll that pencil… you move on to something more difficult then your skill increases :wink:

46486465163? that would be a lot of scientists lol… there are many people working on it :wink:

Did you know that Stalin, the dictator of russia made his scientists study telepathy? They prduced results but they werent good enough to satisfy him. He had some of his scientists killed for not researching fast enough :wink:

It’s good to be skepticle… you shouldnt believe EVERYTHING, but its also good to have an open mind… not so open that your brains fall out though… (where have I heard that phrase before? :eh: )

Unfortunately, though I mostly agree with the Randi/SCICOP crowd in most cases, they have been caught numerous times mis-representing research they didn’t like, cooking data, cooking methodologies when their own research didn’t produce the results they wanted, praising sloppy research that conformed to their position, repeatedly re-publishing analyses that have been thoroughly (and fundementally) discredited by leading experts in the field, etc (founding members have quit over this kind of thing – which is how I first became aware of this problem).

It’s a shame. The fuzzy-minded, “I want to believe” types at least sort of have an excuse for this kind of behavior. The guys claiming to represent the forces of Reason, Rationality and the Scientific Method are supposed to know better.

Remember too (though technically this is besides the point) -- just a few decades ago lucid dreaming was considered to be part of that NewAge/psychic/occult studies fringe.  People -- including Nobel Laureates -- were seriously arguing that dreams weren't even a "real" phenomenom. 

PS:  "telekenisis" is derived from greek roots signifying "distant motion" .  Like "telephone" is derived from "distant sound".

alain nu is also good at this sort of thing, i don’t know if and of you have heard of him but he can do this stuff too. i have just resently started researching it and trying it out and i do believe that you can focus your energy on one point and heat it up like bending a spoon for example. scientists took the spoons of people that had bent them with their energy and determined that the spoons were heated up to 12,000 to 13,000 degrees when they bent!

I’m kinda on the same page as Skwakmix. Why doesn’t someone just prove it? There’s nothing stopping them, is there :eh:

Even if that was fahrenheit it would still be so hot that any metal would melt instantly and it would be so hot that it would be glowing white. And if it fell on the floor it would probably melt through the floor…

Wow…

That’s hot :wink:.

if you can move a car with your mind, you can stop a bullet. no military/police nut is ever going to touch you again. you can also move camera and cameraman across 4 time zones with powers like that.

if you think about it, a person with powerful enough tk abilities can do anything. no weapon in the world would be able to touch you. nukes, no problem. radiation, no problem. lasers, no problem. chem/bio weapons, no problem. they are all based on some form of matter. you can just make a shield around you out of the surrounding air, thick enough to hold back whatever, and hold it there. think of the possibilies. you could be like superman, only better! and not allergic to cryptonite :tongue:

hey wait a minute. maybe god is just some random human with insanely powerful tk abilities? someone like that would easily be able to hold back aging and other things that make you “mortal”, so it would be possible, in theory…

Watching a David Blaine marathon on TLC. It kinda reminded me of this thread :content:

Wow I must of skipped this thread while I was grounded…

Yes Lunatic has helped me quite a deal. I HAVEN"T HEARD FROM YOU IN FOREVER! COME ON MAN, WE GOTTA PRACTICE!

anyways, I can spin a psiwheel and move a straw, and bend line hanging from a desk or table, I can do it under a bowl so no air can get to it, I can twitch pencils, and all that crap. I can do Telepathy, empathy, tk, pk, and of course psi balls. I’d like to recommend Psipog.net, and ppsociety.com for begginners, and PPsociety, has a great deal of movies. They are all quite good, and there is this one woman who can move things up to a pound…let me find that link…Yes I found it. This is a russian woman, who, I think was an expert at tk. Enjoy…

ppsociety.com/w_mediaview.php?id=3

wow, getting skilled eh redifin :wink:

yes that russian woman also died from over practicing…

These would be my conditions for a video:

-arms, legs, hands and feet must be in view at all times (a clear table would be used)

-a clear bowl or similar object must be placed over object being moved (but not from the start, it must be placed over it during the demo recording)

-must open and show hands (fingers must be spread) from all angles, and hands must stay above the table at all times right from the start

-short sleeved shirt only

-the object to be moved would be a clear object, like a tupperwear lid, test tube, petri dish, or one of those small plastic tubes that ice cream sprinkles come in

-the object should be moved in a manner that indicates it is not being moved by vibrations from sound or the table being shaken manually (doubt that would be a problem). Preferrably, it would be moved upwards (like lifting one end) or spun around (no sound is going to spin a circular object like a petri dish!)

That person only “moved” metallic objects, or objects that metallic objects could’ve been placed inside. Since it was on a regular table… I really don’t think it was anything more than plain old magnetism at work.

It’s not that I don’t believe something like this isn’t possible… it’s that I believe there are lots of people out there who’d like me to believe that they can for their own posterity.

If you don’t think people would do that, then just think back to all the fake codes for video games that have circulated around the internet…

Sure, When I get good I will, I’ll keep that in mind. :wink:

Hmm… Back to that million dollar reward, I know someone that can move chairs (havent seen it, but trust it)
across rooms. Heck, that was only after about 9 months of practice for him. He’s had about 3 years now. I wonder if that would be enough for the reward.

I have a few things to say.

1. I read something that someone posted. It was something like, 'Well, why don’t scientists study this."
    Well, that’s because A. Scientists are skeptical people, and B. Science can’t study what it can’t even begin to explain.

2. Though I am open minded and do believe in telekinesis and things of the sort (Most likely because I’ve done telekinesis before and seen my brother do it before), I do like to look at evidence, such as video evidence with a skeptical air. For example, the hovering quarter trick on PsiPog could easily be done with magnets, for the quarter never actually left the left. The toothpick could be done with magnets, again.

3. I want to tell you that anyone can do this on any scale under the right conditions because it’s hardwired in our brains, somewhere (if you think scientists have got the brain completely mapped out, your **** wrong. If you ever want to set aside a few hours of your day wherein you have complete peace and quiet, all you have to do is concentrate on moving something.
    Here’s a little something you can try at home. You’ll need a half inch ish piece of thread, a clear bowl, a plastic plate or something very smooth, and a marker. You’ll also need someplace comfortable with a desk or something nearby (bed and night stand?)
    Step One: Make a line with the marker on your flat plastic whatever.
    Step Two, place the thread as perfectly parallel to the line, maybe an inch or two away.
    Step Three: Place hollow of the bowl over the thread and things (making a dome. Der).
    Step Four: Lay down and here is were the actual moving comes into play. What you have to be able to do is meditate unswayingly on that piece of thread; not in the position it is in now, but the posistion you want it to be in (we want the thread to complement the line you drew). Also, we meditate on each posistion it has to go throught to get to that final position, effectively making a pictograph of the thread moving from it’s current position to it’s end position.

I’ll tell you something even cooler. If you yourself can, over a few days, chopping the time of meditation down smaller and smaller determine that it takes you half an hour to move the thread; a group of four people of your same mental ability could meditate on the same thought you meditated on, toghether acheiving the telekenetic moving of the thread in about eight minutes. Cool, eh?

Cool, but that’s novice, and boring over time. I started with a psi wheel, and I’m now moving paper across the floor, ten feet away I might add.

Gee, no, Redifin, moving a tiny piece of thread is totaly left for the experts sarcasm :spinning: