need help on a type of dream that happens since my childhood

hi,i have a question to ask, nearly 3-4 times a week i get the feeling that im falling while descending the stairs but the enviorement is just pitch black but i can’t recall it…It happens in way so realistic that my heart beats rapidly and that i get the feeling that i really felt down… As far as i know,i didn’t have any accidents during my childhood, and i dont have a fobia of stairs/ladders etc. Thanks for your help

Does this happen in your actual dreams, or whilst you are falling asleep?

sometimes it just happens in the middle of a dream and sometimes it just happens out of nowhere while im sleeping . its so strange hole my body shakes

So - you just suddenly dream that your falling through pitch black?

Hm, I could think of a number of reasons for this…

1. It’s a reocurring nightmare.
  2. You’re having a dream in deep sleep (which explains the loss of visuals).

But meh, someone else may have another idea…
/me shrugs.

hmm…im confused actually :confused:

and i like to ask if it’s possible that i might have been lucid,but being unaware of lucidity at past years ?i learned about it like a month ago… it maybe a silly question sorry

If you’re lucid - then you are aware that you are dreaming. I dunno if those dreams were LD’s, simply cos you haven’t said if you knew if you were dreaming or not :wink:.

i guess i wasn’t aware…the falling sequence still bothers me . :confused: it’s so strange … could it be a failure of passing into lucid form ? maybe i cannot pass very clearly or something ? and i also have another question : while Lding how’s the scenery like ? i mean f.ex. can i be in my flat as it is ?or there will be some changes ?

A variation of sleep paralysis?

Take sleep paralysis, and add a bit of residual vestibular motion…

I used to have one in which I was falling and spinning, in the dark. --especially when I was trying to induce LDs.

so you say that it’s like a pre-phase of passing into the lucid form ?

you being aware about your dream/astral body falling back to your phy-body?

im slightly confused… :confused: :confused: i didn’t know about astral trips… i began to think that maybe it’s my “astral” spirit that i have to but can’t control to induce a lucid dream ?

Perhaps it is a reoccuring nightmare.

IMO, it’s not a reoccuring nightmare. Pitch black + feeling you’re falling down looks very like the sensations you sometimes have when falling asleep (during WILD). So it seems that you become almost conscious during a phase of your sleep and, as you say, it’s a sort of pre-phase of passing in a LD.

It depends. It’s not possible to predict. You can find yourself either in a copy of your flat or in an absolutely different scenery.

thanx basilus…So how could i end up falling and take control of my dreams ? It happens so instantly that i can’t see any dreamsigns or something :confused:

There may be a problem if you wake up immediatly as soon as you feel you’re falling. But if you don’t, falling is your dream sign. As I suppose that you’re a little less unconscious than normal during this phase of your dreams, you can more easily realize you’re dreaming.

Use this nightmare as your dreamsign, and when you become lucid, command your visuals to activate, and change the dreamscape, then eliminate the nightmare.