Military draft in spring 2005, for real

no way am i joining that i like women too much too give up on a chance too mate hehehe i like women.

Now that is a scary thought. :confused:

it never says no sex, it says NO HAVING KIDS

which means MORE SEX if you play you cards right.

I figure like, maybe radiation or chemical sterilization would be nifty… no need for surgery and sharp things in my pants… ughhh…

but yeah I’m a member of VHEMT, what with being a virgin and not liking kids… lol.

It’s a great site though, I guess it’s serious, too.

oh okay hmm i might join since it is only no more kids (i should read more :shy: )

looks like NO drafts, except in sports.

And about the VHEMT. Neat! I don’t think it says anything about adopting children who have already been born, if you’re really bent on having kids. What is so prescious about your genetic material anyway.

Shinta of Wu, it’s not worth commenting on your ridiculous statements about genocide, but it is worth saying that despite your best intentions the odds are that you would not like killing. Before modern military methods were developed the US and the UK had excellent evidence that only 2% of soldiers actually fired their weapons to kill. 1% of those people were psychos and loved killing, 1% were true heros who had ‘flexible morals’ that allowed them to kill the ‘enemy’. Now about 90% or more of US and UK soldiers shoot to kill, but they still have no solutions for the small problem of mentally dealing with killing people and being in a war. Most people are still horribly mentally scarred for life after the experience and never recover, those that like it either go on to kill civilians or join the special forces - and then generally kill civilians or themselves.

Why can’t people just live in peace with each other.

I agree Dreamer. That’s not to say I don’t think we should protect ourselves though. Some of the weirdos that say that are just as bad as the killing psychos.

Holy Reality makes a good point. I’d kill to prtoect myself or others, but I wouldn’t be thinking how “cool” it was later.

That is truly sick. I am a guy, so I admit, playing paintball, or Halo or watching shows like “24” give me a rush and I may occasionally have fantasies about protecting a girl or my family or friends from a “bad guy” (but not nessecarily killing) and I might even get a rush from being in a military situation, but killing, really and truly killing and enjoying it (at least later)? I don’t think so. That’s messed up.

Yeah, I agree with you Dream_Reacher, you should definately fight to protect yourself. Though if everyone lived in peace there wouldn’t be any need to.

Yeah.

Been in the army almost two years now…
that rumour was being spread around here about last spring, last fall, last winter…
it never ends.
I do not think that the united states army could operate effectively by making people involluntairly join and receive the training to be a lean green killing machine.
I’ve had people in my unit who had second thoughts after coming in, that the army wasnt for them… they were just dead weight, they caused an extreme downfall to the effectiveness and morale of the unit and the mission simply because of their negative attitude and unwillingness to perform.
I would hate to see the day that i have entire platoons of people who never wanted to be in the army in the first place coming into my unit even though we are understrength. It simply would not work. We could never operate that way.
The army has prided it self as of late for being the largest and most effective volunteer army in the world. We are effective because this is the job we chose. Anything else would just be names added to a roster at a loss of effectiveness.
A draft would certainly mean quantity over quality.
That gets people killed.

Yes that rumor has been around for some time but, when you look at the fact that the military is missing it’s recruit goals by 40% + you never know what will happen in t the future. Also, many claim that the reserves and national guard are being use as a back door draft right now! When your time is up soldiers should be allowed to return home.

Personally I think there should be a draft. Perhaps then our leaders will be more careful about deciding when to go to war.

I dunno about your leaders of the future, but I doubt the guy leading your country now is that smart, nor does he care that much.

“…”

Very true, 18 month deployements for guard and reserve units (as opposed to 12 for RA)
what i have been seeing a WHOLE lot is a large number of people being pulled from IRR (individual ready reserve, 2-6 year period after termination of enlistment the army can pull you onto active duty status)
Lot of angry people being pulled back into the army after finishing their contracts and begining to start new lives…
i’d hate to see a draft as opposed to this, delaying the start of a new lifestyle is no where near as bad as stopping life goals in their track.

(two posts in a row, i know! this is a topic i feel strongly about)

yeah, bush is a trigger happy texan’ with the worlds largest and most powerful weapons on a hairpin trigger in his grasp.
i hope and pray he stops with iraq.
i fear iran and korea will come soon.
if it does, a draft is certain.
i hope actions in iraq are resolved in haste and that there will be no need for a draft.

Well if it happens, I won’t get drafted anyways. I’m deaf and it’s forbidden in military community. :razz: However, I rather not to think a lot about wars and wars because they’re very depressing.

Wow, Milod you want to be drafted into Bush’s adventures? Are you insane? The only way that you will ever be able to deploy an army without it being a massive misuse of power and authority is to have a fully democratic army and nation, where the military can only be deployed if there is a very, very high level of agreement in all sectors of society. There should be a law, and i’m being serious here, that it is an offense, punishable by death, to order people to kill other people. Why should one man, backed up by a large array of fervent fundamentalist advisors, have the power to order death to people in other countries? The U.S. might be considered a democracy, but having one man with his finger on the button is nothing short of a dictatorship in military terms.

Besides, why the hell does the U.S. need more killing machines??? The U.S. already has by far the biggest arsenal in the world, why should that be added to when the people controlling the U.S. are so out of control themselves? We should be fighting to disarm the U.S. and all other overly armed nations.

Also the amount the U.S. spends on its military is a big joke. Everyone knows that so much money gets diverted to the pentagon and then into all kinds of crazy schemes like Star Wars instead of on what the U.S. really needs, things like good hospitals and schools and anti-poverty measures.

I really fail to see how having drafted instead of voluntary soldiers would make the types of leaders much of the world has think twice about commiting them to war.

Well, if the planet can survive another 15 years, the US should be bankcrupt by then.
Thats not really a good thing, but there’ll be no more money for a military :tongue: Bush should really be looking at the US’ massive national debt and the severe possibility of social security money running out instead of dropping bombs on children.

if you havn’t noticed, Bush isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed :tongue: He’ll probably keep the war going until his second (how could people re-elect him?!) term is over. we just have to hope he dies, or is killed/impeached.