The Effect Of Sickness On Lucid Dreams

Sickness Vs. Lucid Dreams

• More Frequent When Sick
  • Less Frequent When Sick
  • No Noticable Effect

0 voters

I have been real sick today so this got me thinking. Do most of you have a higher percentage or lower oercentage of LD’s wen you’re sick.

Thx,
LM

It depends how sick I am. If I have something like the flu my chances might actually decrease; but if I have a sinus infection or a fever it seems to increase.

This is a tougher question than it may seem. Personally, I tend to have nothing but nightmares when I’m sick. Just, really unpleasent dreams all night. Now, a popular LD induction method involves recognising nightmarish situations and using them to trigger an awareness of your condition, which would hopefully make you lucid. So for people who have established a reliable dreamsign of that nature, being sick may actually cause them to have more lucid dreams than they might on any regular night. But that isn’t the case with me, so I had to vote for fewer LDs.

Hm… it’s kindda hard to tell.

Though I do recall, having one (or maybe two) LD’s whilst sick. But as I rarely get sick, I honestly can’t tell…

I voted ‘No Noticable Effect’.

I am rarely sick, either. However, I have the flu right now, and it seems to decrease…

Yeah, this is actually why I voted yes, I have more.
The sick > nightmare > dreamsign > lucid thing has worked for me a few times, because nightmares are usually the most vivid ND 's and you’re more conscious and looking for ways to escape the scary things. If you can realize that there’s nothing to be afraid of because it’s a dream, you can go lucid.
Plus, when you’re sick, you sleep longer :content:

i had my first ld when I was sick

I’m not sure, but you usually sleep more when being sick and at home, right?
So, more sleep (and naps) should logically increase LD’s.
But this haven’t happened to me I think. So I’ll vote “No Noticable Effect”

hmm… i seem to have LD’s when i’m feeling well or when im feeling ill… so i’m voting no notiable effect

(though i do notice i don’t have LD’s when i’m feeling very unwell…)

When I am sick, my dreams lose depth and become very repetative - not much chance of getting lucid at all. I sometimes tend to have false awakenings, though, due to the length of time I spend in bed.

When I am very sick (like with the flu) then I tend to get slightly more lucid dreams. With the flue I get very strange dreams, sleep a lot, take naps etc yielding more rem sleep.

I voted for - less frequent
when I’m sick my mind is too full of thoughts/worries about being sick.

I definetly(sp) have more ND’s, or it might be a fluke, but I’ve been fighting the flu and have had more ND’s last night then I had most of the earlier part of the week.

LD’s? I have those so infrequently I can’t really tell.