waking up completely not tired

isn’t it weird when you wake up from a dream completely not tired. this morning i woke up in bed for some reason not tired at all and it felt like i’d been up for hours and not tired. then went back to bed though for my last 15 mins of sleep, lol.

has that happened to anyone?

Yeah. Just has to do with your sleep schedule. Pretty easy to manipulate your sleep schedule so you always wake up like that. I kinda stumbled upon it myself, so someone else will have to explain how and why it happens though.

This sounds to be something that would never happen to me. i always wake up after at least 2 hours of sleep like im bleeding to death. :happy:

heheh,same for me…any sleep lasting less than 10 hrs means ill be dead for first hour till coffeine makes its way up to my head.

i was mysteriously woken up this morning at 0230 or so and was wide awake, felt entirely refreshed. went back to sleep and woke up at my usual 0440 and was incredibly tired!
why is that? at what stage of sleep do you wake up refreshed like that, and at which stage are you still wanting sleep?
Why is it that when you oversleep, you are tired too?

thanks!

MAC

generally if you wake up energized, stay up… :confused:

unfortunately usually your body wakes you up obscenely early and you psychologically then feel tired because you are so used to sleeipng in all day.

:sad:

Uh. I’ll give it a shot at explaining it.

It’s basically the way your brain is acting at the particular time. There’s like Delta sleep, REM Sleep, etc, that all have to do with the brain wave patterns. REM sleep is when dreaming occurs, so you’ve probably heard it before.

Generally if you wake up in one type of sleep you’ll feel really tired, but if you wake up in another one, you feel wide awake. I tend to just grab 8 to 8.5 hours of sleep (10:00-6:30) and I feel fine. I remember reading an article about it a while back, but I can’t seem to remember the link.

for me it’s something like this:
waking up after…
0-20mins : refreshed
20mins-3.5 hr : dead
3.5 - 5.5 hr : refreshed
5.5 - 8 hr : dead
8 - 10.5 hr: refreshed

10.5 : dead

it seems like some sorta pattern. not really exact, this is just generally what I notice for myself.