Tattoos: Asking for advice!

Hey,
I am planning on getting a tattoo when I have finished my high school. I am 19 years old now and the last few years of my life have been very strange. I want to put that into a symbolic tattoo so I can always look back at it as something I have learnt from. The bad things I have experienced were not nice to go through, but they did shape me the way I am now. So, a tattoo seemed to me a nice way to make the memorie last. But now my question to you…
Do you know if it is possible to just let a dot tattooed? I just want a tiny dot somewhere on a bodypart, probably ankle or stumach… I don;t know if that little ink can stay in your skin, that the body does not absorb it… I don’t want it to disappear after a year or so…
Do you know? Well, thanks anyways!
Ellen

I wouldn’t know… You can probably search it or something.

a little dot? it’ll just look like a mole. the most common regret people have from their first tattoos is getting them too small. IMO if you’re going to get a tattoo, make it bold, visible. No reason to be timid by getting it tiny, unless you feel like you want to be able to say “I have a tattoo” with pride.I’d say find a pattern you like a lot, and go for it.
I have a tattoo that has very little symbolic meaning in itself, but the experience of getting it, and everything that was going on in my life in that time is in my memory when I see my tattoo.

But if you just want a small dot, it will probably be overpriced for how long it’ll take, just because it costs for needles, and prep and everything for the tattoo artist. That is, if you can even find somebody who wants to do a dot. Just ask around.

check this thread for some ideas:

“reality check tattoo”

:smile:

I never thought about it before but I never have my tattoos in dreams either. Weird. Anyway, Maoru is right. Don’t waste your time on a small dot just fo dreaming. Think of something really meaningful for you and there are alot of discreet paces you could put it. PS my name is Ellen V too thats so funny, I never met another one before :smile:

Ok, I will think about it… I have thought about some kind of pattern or figure before, but I couldn’t deside what to take… SO I thought: maybe just someting meaningless, that just is a symbol for things in my life. Well, maybe I could think of something myself… Thank anyway! :happy:
And Ellen, that is really funny :smile: I know there is one girl named Ellen Vonk too, I receive her e-mail sometimes:) Pretty funny to know some people share names and at the same time are so different… Funny :cool:
Well, I am going to sleep now…