rubiks cube

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
karl
Somniologist
Somniologist

rubiks cube
PostPosted: Thu 21 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

does anyone here know how to solve a rubiks cube? if yes then what is your best time? i have got into speed cubing and my best time for a 3x3x3 (standard) cube is 1:23 that is quite good for an age of 13 eh? i set that thismorning and i will probably break it again tomorrow smile i use the layer method and at my fastest speed when i do memorized algothrims sp? i reach a speed of 3 moves per second my record for solving one side is 16 secs i am definetly going to go for the world record (12 secs) when i am older

ps hey i just realised how many users there are i havent been on here for a while and i got the actual username karl not karl1 or karl 123 or something because i was here first so all the people who try and sign up as karl it says its been taken so they have to sign up as karl123 or something haha suckers!

Last edited by karl on Thu 21 Apr, 2005; edited 1 time in total
seandop
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

I can solve them, but my fastest time (occured while I was 13 also), was 2 mins. I also use layer method, but don't really care about speed solving. I mean, who cares? Don't waste your life on a cube. Yes, it's fun to show off, but it's just a puzzle.

karl
Somniologist
Somniologist

no offense but dont be so pessimistic i am not wasting my life. every day at school at lunchtime i go to my form class eat lunch and try to beat my record for the rubiks cube before i done the rubiks cube in my form class every lunch time i would just sit there and talk so its just something to do plus it uses both sides of the brain and improves hand/eye coordination and dexterity

seandop
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Sorry, I just got a little too involved. Obviously, you can do what you want, but what I really mean is, don't sit and practice for hours on end.

Radagar
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 22 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Everyone has a hobby. I sit in front of the computer for hours on end. I'm really good at it. But that's not as impressive as solving a rubix cube.

I think my best time is about 4 weeks... give or take turn3

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

PostPosted: Sun 24 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

ya, these things are fun. I use Fridrich SpeedCube Method, and i don't waste my life on these, I might solve like 15min a day.

Oh, and my best is 43 seconds (non-lucky)

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Mon 25 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

I've only solved on once, but then I've never tried that hard of often. Maybe I'll bust it out and give it whirl later on tonight.

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

This is already a topic. I'm quite sure of it. Because I posted a response with a link of a person solving a rubix cube in about fifteen seconds.

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr, 2005  Reply with quote

Yes, there is a topic already about this because I created it. These two should probably be merged. But by now it is probably several pages down and most people don't use search nor do they look through a bunch of pages.

Soulshifter
Order Sixty-Six
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005  Reply with quote

I haven't played with mine in a while, so my best time right now is 2:20 (min:sec). At my prime, I guess I could do around 1:30 (min:sec). I need new decals, because I'm having a hard time distinguishing green, yellow, and white (because the colors are fading off). I am either rickity, or having a hard time with the decals. Either way, I am not as fast as I used to be.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Thu 12 May, 2005  Reply with quote

I can always get one face and the middle row real fast, its the opposite face that eludes me.
Any pointers?

Soulshifter
Order Sixty-Six
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 13 May, 2005  Reply with quote

My technique is a little hard to explain (and no, it is not the layer technique).

Weasel
Contemplating life
Astral Explorer
LD count: 8

PostPosted: Mon 23 May, 2005  Reply with quote

After geeting frustrated with it after days of getting no where, I took all the stickers off and put them back on the right way....take THAT rubiks cube! grrr Needless to say that was my one and only experiance with them, and that was years ago. smile

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare