I saw a baby bunny in my backyard!

Thanks broken sword for your response. Lately it has seemed as though no one takes interest in my posts anymore…and I was desperate for some form of human interaction. I usually visit the forums for some interesting LD tips, but lately I have been yearning for a connection with one of the people here. Maybe making such a completely pointless post was too drastic a measure. All I really wanted to say is that I am lonely. I also have an unhealthy obsession for baby bunnies. :help: That could also contribute to the problem.

I also see rabbits from time to time. I guess it just comes with a job thats in the outdoors. Some other animals I’ve seen recently are;

Hawks
Vultures
Ravens
Foxes
Wolves
Partridges
Snakes
Moose
Beavers
Otters
Groundhogs
Minks

I expect the bears will be comming out soon. I can’t wait to see them :smile:

:wave: lucidstudent.
have you ever considered joining the chatroom? There you will find a lot of LD4all members to chat with at any time of the day :smile:

While at work at the airport a week or so ago, me and some co-workers saw a rabbit in a mechanic’s garage. Well, one of my co-workers is a little on the red neck side and he ended up catching the rabbit and banging its head against the ground multiple times and throwing it in the back of his truck so he could take it home and eat it. I miss that rabbit. :wink:

Spiral, I don’t know why, but when I read that post, I couldn’t stop laughing for ten minutes :grin: . And Josh, what the hell is a partridge? (slightly embarassed asking, as i’m also canadian and have spent a fair amount of time outdoors). What’s your job that you spent your time outside?

I think a partridge is like a grouse, its a small bird that everyone likes to hunt with a shot gun. They’re increadibly stupid, sometimes they get hit with cars becuase they just stand there and don’t get out of the way :content:
It might actually be a local term here, not sure.
My job by the way is a Garbage man. Because of where I live, our route is mostly on dirt roads and out in the middle of nowhere, so I get to see lots of animals :smile:

Thx PasQuale for the chatroom idea. As a the webmaster of my highschool I still think with site is website design at its best. And for everyone else that awful bunny story made me cringe. Spiral, did your friend actually eat the bunny? I was told rabbit tastes like veal.

On a similar note my Philipino friend told me for his 10th birthday his grandpa shot, killed, and roasted three of his pet dogs, for a special birthday dinner. He said it tasted delicious. His story made me rethink why us as people of western civilization get so affectionate toward animals. Dogs, cats, hamsters, bunnies, how are they any different from chickens, cows, etc. For once I am almost able to understand why the Vietnamese and Philipino people and how they are able to eat animals we consider pets.

last summer in my dad’s garden a rabbit built a nest for her baby rabbits. they one day just disappeared and now a rabbit chills around our backyard.

I’ve read an article about people sending injured/baby animals to special places, but the problem is they receive so many they can’t look after them. i figure its best to allow nature to take its course when it comes to that.

LucidStudent, you’re not alone on that. its also a problem of modern society and culture i think. my strategy is to hold on to our strong side, enjoy what we have now, and take advantage of opportunities as they come

Nah, we have partridges in England. Have you heard the christmas song about the partridge in a pear tree?

I guess some polish squirells can get your mood up a bit.They can be seen here handyhub.cjb.net/gallery/jack-s-album?page=8
And chat room idea is good!Keep coming there,some idle times rarely but in general its entertaining:)
take care

awsome, i saw a couple of these orange squirles when i was staying in berlin. they are cute. much different than the brown ones i see here in new orleans. my girlfriend who is from germany, says the orange ones are being taken over by the stronger brown squirles, so you dont see them as much anymore. poor orange squirles.

Of course! How could I have forgotten that? :shy:
I wonder if they were brought over from Europe back in the day.

I few more animals I’ve seen this year are Ducks, Squirrels and Chipmunks.

By the way, about the dog thing, I heard once that dog tastes like dog smells when it’s wet :confused:
That doesn’t sound to appetizing, if it’s true I mean.

That story made me cringe, too…

Sorry, but that one made me laugh REALLY hard…that’s just so bizzare. :eh:

I see a lot of wild rabbits where I live. I like to capture them and sell them to the pet store, or give them to some little kid…I only wish I had the tools to skin one…rabbits are great! But then again…That rabbit has probably been eating someone’s garbage.

I do enjoy to eat new things, but I could never bring my self to eat a rabbit :sad: their just to addorible, and i’m a sucker for cute little animals :content:

I’ve eaten rabbit once or twice. It’s not bad :smile: It has a unique taste.

Y’know… I misread the title of this thread as ‘I saw a baby burning in my backyard!’.

My reaction was something along the lines of: ‘right…’ :tongue:

i am from northern utah, never saw any squirrells, EVER.
it was crazy. i would see a deer or moose come down from the mountains ever once in a while, and i will here the coyotes. but no baby bunnies going about freely throught the country in nothern utah. that makes me sad. i want to see a bunny! :eek:

I live in the NE US out in the boonies and we have like six rabbits running around our yard. They are the boldest bunnies you have ever seen. They’ll just sit there watching me park the car 3 feet from them and then look at me when I get out like “wassup?”-----hehehe— Badass Bunnies!

Recently I found kittens in my back yard, so we’re taking care of them. (I really need to give them away though).

Outside of our house there’s this pit bull that we joke is our ‘outside the house’ dog. Its basically tame and about a week ago had puppies. (Purebreeds) Sadly, I can’t keep any more animals than I have and I must sell them.

Now my house is a petting zoo… :sad: