Anyone read Laurell K Hamilton?

Sorry I tried to do a search but there were to many responses and none that I could find on the Anita Blake series. If you haven’t read them I highly recommend. She doesn’t paint her scenes like Ann Rice but her stories are better. Of course I have a “thing” for vampire stuff and you really have to suspend disbelief a bit before you really get into it. But she has a great pace with action and there are vampires, wereanimals, psychics and some metaphysical sex… hmmm:peek: Sorry where was I? Like I said highly recommend

I bought one of her books several years ago and still haven’t got around to reading it. I’ll see how it goes. :content:

I already have the next book in the anita blake series on pre-order, does that answer your question :wink:

OMG yes, Incubus Dreams or is there already one after that? I haven’t been able to find Incubus dreams anywhere and its still in Hardcover! Can’t wait to meet The Mother of Darkness

Oh yes, Incubus Dreams was #12

#13 (as yet nameless) is already in the works. I was hoping that it would be out around october since they usually are, but the current release is April 1st (nice choice lol) 2006

I always order books online, amazon has never failed me so far. I nearly always get the book the day of release (sometimes a day early) depends on the release day and when they get them in stock.

Not sure which part of the world you are in there, but amazon.com / amazon.co.uk will deffinately have Incubus Dreams, i’ve had mine since the week of release last year. :happy:

edit: Wow i can’t believe that the paperback in america isn’t out yet - It’s schedualled for september 27th :eh:

May i suggest ordering for Amazon.co.uk - i THINK they ship overseas they paperback in the UK came out last October with the hardback version.

here’s the co.uk link Incubus Dreams they are allowed to send books to USA/Canada but you are limited to one copy apparently.

Better than waiting nearly 5months for the paper back though

Thanks Dark Matter, I seldom order from the internet because they always screw it up. Problems of having a po box. I just checked out your profile and I see that your into vampire and werewolf stuff too. Very cool, ever had any dreams were you were one? They are always my favorite. Flying and all. But I’ve never actually dreamt of killing anyone, don’t really want to. Know of any other good series on the subject(besides Ann Rice). Oh and you’re a writer! What do you write? I want to be a novelist. (I’ve been very bad though, ever since I seriously started to practice ld I haven’t really written anything

I’ve had dreams where i have ripped out peoples throats and drank of their blood. Though I believe I have only ever been a vampire or non-human in one. Unfortunate really as I would love to have such a dream.

Killing on the other hand I have done on many occation and have always enjoyed them, it’s interesting to note that I’ve always woke up happy after them. Maybe it’s my way of letting off steam in a safe environment. I guess now would be a good time to quote William Dement; Dreaming permits each and everyone of us to be quietly and safely insane every
night of our lives.

I haven’t, to my recollection, read any other series on vampirism and other little beasties. I could suggest L.J.Smith - Nightworld Series. Although I have only read the first book “Secret Vampire” the series was recommended to me by a friend who loves the genre.

I got that book with “Guilty Pleasures” having read it i immediately purchased the rest of the series (upto Obsidian butterfly) and preordered Narcissus in Chains which was due out within 2 months. Shows you how much I liked the first book i guess, buying the next 8 within two days. I think i may start re-reading them after Harry Potter: and the Half Blood Prince (yes I’m a 23yr old HP fan, run in fear)

Oh and you’re a writer! What do you write?

I write whatever the mood i am in tells me to. Usually action/horror type things, but i have been known to write adult orientated materials which have received alot of praise for from friends whistles

Interestingly enough many of my stories have been, or have had aspects of them, taking from my dreams :wink:

I started with the Laughing Corpse. I just picked it up on a whim, and then went back and got the rest of them! And I am a proud 33 year old Harry Potter fan, so don’t worry.
I find writing sex and violence the easiest, it’s the quietness in between thats I need to work on.
Alot of my ideas also come from dreams. Its hard to build up from them though. I would love to do a vampire story but I think its been done to death.
When you rip out a person’s throat and drink their blood is it always someone your mad at? My vampire dreams I think are more,… ahem, …sexual in nature but also something about all their powers. I’ve had dreams where I would fly to the tops of trees or over buildings, or down long hallways with a feeling of freedom like you wouldn’t believe. Same thing with werewolf dreams, the freedom I mean, 'cause I’m usually running with a pack but super fast and strong

I found Incubus Dreams, I found Incubus Dreams…Sorry had to share

I found it too! I found it too!

It was in the wardrobe with my other books :tongue:

I never read any of her books but, you guys have peaked my interest so I guess I will have to visit the book store tomorrow.

well Milod, if you start with the Anita Blake series - Guilty Pleasures is the first book in the series :smile:

I hate reading a book, liking it, then finding out it’s like book 3 in a series lol

Thanks

I know what you mean. I have been there and done that. :wallhit:

I’ll let you know what I think of her books.