Movie Thread!-Part 2

I notice myself,that alot of my dvd’s are from the same author, i like the ideas of his stories and how you cant really predict whats going to happen next. But i also notice that most of the movies i have from Philip K. Dick are all action. I never read any of his books :sad:

Looks great but as other people have said I’m pissed about Reeves being in there… Man, the way he says “Two hemispheres in my brain” in the trailer makes me want to take a folding chair to his head.

I thought I was the only one that felt that, he still sounds like he’s in Bill and Ted’s Excellent adventure. But he’s in alot of movies, to many, some movies that i hate to say that i do enjoy. I don’t know what to think at this point :bored:

You might be relieved to know that Reeves is actually intended to be playing the part of a drugged-out loser. That much will add credibility to his role.

Sin City :happy:

Very good movie, I didnt know what to expect and it turned out great, if you like comic types movies this is up your alley. If you like rated R movies filled with violence and nudity and death, this is up your alley. Or if you just want to see something new for a change between every style of new films, this is up your alley. I loved how it was black and white and if anything was significant it would turn in color, i liked that affect alot. I liked all the characters and there values and if you notice in the film it has a morality tale to it. Kinda of hard to find between all the action and plot, you can get lost very easily. Great movie, thats all i can say, its been a little time so I had to share this one. :yes:

Other than movies in the theater, i had seen one on Dvd called Battle Royal, its all in Japanese (subtitles) and its great, its like a school of high school students that are stranded on a island force to kill each other with a mystery weapon in every person’s bag. it could be a sword to a gun to taser to a pot lid to binoculars. Its cool to watch if you like gore movies filled with death and violence, check it out :smile:

Worse than Reeves playing Arctor, Woody Harrelson is playing Luckman! I saw an interview with him on the set and he didn’t even understand that the film was going to be rotoscoped. When the interviewer asked him how he felt about being turned into a “cartoon character” he got really uptight, angry and confused. Hilarious.

Aw, he’s gonna ruin that character. :sad:

Oh My… :cool_laugh: What a great visuals of the movie! looks very artistic to me. Awesome!!:eek: The bad part is that of the storyline… don’t seem to be that interesting.

Don’t worry, the story’s great as long as Linklater doesn’t change it too much. And I know he’s a big fan of Philip K Dick so hopefully he won’t unless he really thinks it needs it.

Well whatever the storyline is i will give this movie a chance…

Whoa this movie looks really cool! …anyone know when it is coming out?

Yeah, unfortunately not until March 2006. It was supposed to be September/October this year, but it’s been pushed back, most likely due to the studio not compensating for the amount of time it takes to do the rotoscoping.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

wow thats a really really long time to push back a movie… ah well…

Star Wars is out, and i heard alot of good things,
I heard that it’s darker and ends right in place. I havent seen in it, im waiting for the lines to shorten. But i dont mind reading your opinons, just give a heads up for spoiler. Im pretty excited to see it, like the old feeling when i used to get when i was younger. Other than that i saw Hitchers Guide and i loved it. Give more thoughts later, gotta jet :happy:

you should read the Star Wars: Episode III made me sad :sad: topic in the lounge. https://community.ld4all.com/t/star-wars-episode-iii-made-me-sad/13797

I can’t wait to see the ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’ remake with Johnny Depp playing Willy Wonka. I saw a review of it half a year ago so feels like a long wait, think its coming to the cinema this summer.

Yes good choice. Johnny depp is my fav actor ever ever ever ever and forever, I also want to see charlie and the chocholate factory. All of his movies are my favorate,lol, His movie finding neverland (newest) is really good. but it’s sad. and not like most of the stuff he does. Well nothing is really, I mean he never does a movie that is the same does he>hmmmm???

ulia roberts- pretty women or runnaway bride (yes I know both richered geer, lol.)

also love meg ryan- sleepless in seattle, you’ve got mail.

and he isn’t my fav actor but he’s fine as ah nm- keanu reeves.
the matrix and constintien.

consitintien is prob the best out of all of those movies, but keanu reeves isn’t my fav actor.

I read some after i made that post, i wasnt to intrested in reading the responses b/c it gave lots of information towards what i havent seen. I just wanted a general opinion, it’s the movie thread, i just keep up with what’s new and what i find intresting. You have to remember also, that i havent seen the old star wars, so reading anything towards that is a spoiler to me also, i dont want to ruin the whole episodes for myself. Thanks for the link though :content:

I don’t know what to think about the Charlie and the chocolate factory. It’s looks weird, odd, kidish, and spooky all in one. So with that i have no idea of what to expect. I just didnt like the ryming from the previews, it kind of seemed like a Dr. Seus book or something. Jonny Depp is the Sh*T though, keeping my eyes out for more movies. Fantastic four looks really cool, and cant wait for X-men 3 :wink: (2006)

Well for opinons towards star wars, shed them if you want, i still havent seen it. Just don’t spoil it! :tongue:

:eek: You are deprived. You original trlogy is SOOOOO much better then the prequels. You should have watched the originals before the prequels.

Well I wanted to start from the beginning and take it from there hence to questioning or wondering how things end up. I took the other route this time, otherwise I’m all over whatever is given. Although i saw the 3rd last night, and I liked it alot. It went quick, i think evil made the movie fly. Comparing to the other ones, they seemed long. Im excited to see the old films now, and its time for a whole new epic of movies for me :grin:

I bought the Aviator, and watched it today. It was good and smooth and became sick. The dude has something really wrong with him, he was a clean freak. It made me feel sick at times, although i had a little hangover today. I liked where it went, and it was a good movie, it was just long.

I bought Die Harder and Enter the Dragon, I havent seen either in a long time. Die hard 2 was good, i like the 3rd the most though. Enter the Dragon is just awesome, i wish there are more movies like it.

Well i guess thats a enough for now, i have a lot on my plate, and i have a list of new/old dvd’s i want to buy. I’ll share thoughts when the time comes, keep in touch though, I like to read all suggestions and opinions.
:welcome:

[color=red] this topic is now locked - movie thread part III can be found here [/color]