Hey. [how to keep yourself alert while attempting WILD]

If you could keep your mind’s eye locked on a scene you want to appear in, you’d probably end up there. For me (during my first long and vivid textbook wild) there was like 1 second from being aware in bed to being aware standing outside my bed. No moving out of bed, just BAM I was there. :smile: It’s worth holding your concentration on. :wink:

I was going to take a nap and WILD earlier today but my phone woke me up JUST as I was going into a LD. I kind of remember it… after about 10 minutes the SP and HI kicked in At this point I’m half conscious, thinking and picturing really abstract things, half dreaming. I’m not sure if I’m actually seeing the things I’m thinking about, but when I woke up it seemed as though I was. It’s tricky how memory works at the stage between consousness and sleep. On normal nights I have no recollection of falling sleep. I think this is where you fell alseep. I’ll experience a strong vibration feeling after this, mostly in my head… I don’t know what causes this to happen or how long it takes to happen ( theres really no sense of time for me at this point), but it’s a really strange sensation, and an LD will follow after it. I think this feeling is caused by the brain fully cutting off your physical body and allowing you to enter a dream and move around without actually moviing your body, and waking up.

For me, the key of being aware during the WILD progress is to FOCUS on something, but not too much. You have to act like you’re asleep, but you have to keep conscious; otherwise, you’ll be having a normal sleep.

My tips/suggestions:

1. Do a relaxation technique
  • spin like a top to induce a trance
  • breath deeply and slowly
  • using exhaling to relax muscles
  1. Slower breathing
  • after being relaxed… you’ll notice you breath much slower… try to make it slower and slower
  • breath with your belly not your chest
  • if you feel you’re choking, just ignore it and let your breath be taken over (it becomes automated)
  1. Patience
  2. Falling technique
  • imagine falling helps speed WILD up… if do it right (it has to be done in black void where you can’t feel your body and/or begin to feel your dream body)
  1. Focus on what you see/feel
  • If you see a blob, then focus on it. Try to zoom into it or try to make it more stabilized. Use it to enter.
  • If you feel your dream body, feel it and try to roll over (without moving your real body).
    … in #5 it’s usually when vibration happens
  1. Leap in a LD
  • Enjoy :wink:

I used to have a lot of WILD techniques, but that’s all I can think of right now. :smile: Please ask me any questions if you didn’t understand my tips/suggestions or if you wanted some more tips/suggestions :smile:

I tried number 4 this morning, but my alarm when off when I started to loose the feeling of my body. I’m gonna try again tomorrow.

Thnx for all the advice. Last night was unsuccessful. I Woke up at 6 (went to be at 1:00am) i read some Lucid dreaming stuff. After half an hour. I lay back down. Clamed my breathing got relaxed. my breathing got heavier. But because i had just read something. My mind was all over the place. I wasn’t able to concentrate. I could see words and pages and other images. I could here a voice which i presume was my own trying to read what i could see out like i was speaking to someone. I found it hard to concenstrate and i was getting more and more agitated (sp). I eventually after 5 mins got too unsettled and just turned over and went to sleep. I think my best chance for a successful WILD will be at night when i first get in bed. As this is what i have had most success with (not a lot but some). I will try some of your techniques Dm7. I have tried the rolling one before when i got relaxed in my computer chair. It actually worked i visualised myself swing in the chair and kept imagining and it soon felt like i actually was it was getting stronger and stronger. And i eventually managed to swing full 180 to face the door but it was all like a dream. and so sureal i got too excited an woke up.

No problem. :smile: I WILDed this morning. Yay, but I have a hard time remembering my LD… not to mention my ND’s. :uh:

No luck last night. I did the deep breathing and the tensing and relaxing of the muscles. After that i felt like my body was heavy and relaxed. I started to just lay there and i tried the imagine rolling. My mind kept wondering but i brought it back and everytime i brought it back my body felt like it was going to either tingle or sink into my bed…but nothing ever happened. I lay their for 40 mins just trying to roll or just concentrate of my breathing but nothing came of it. I wonder how people can say within 5-10 mins they have SP? Lol beats me.

You could try setting your alarm for say, six hours after you go to bed. Then when you awaken, shut your alarm off, get comfortable, and then try to WILD. You’ll fall asleep much faster that way.

Hmm ill give it a go tonight…but i bet you ill wake up and go…right WILD time. Lay there for about 5-6 seconds and ill wake up another 4 hours later and go “Oh shoot i fell asleep” :razz:.

Just don’t let it happen by trying to keep awake in mind… as if you’re afraid of falling asleep. :tongue: I know I have been there sometimes when I don’t feel like WILD’ing and fall asleep without trying, but I force myself to keep “awake” and it’s amazing easy to induce a WILD… easier than I think… I always overestimate that it’d be hard… but the more tired you are… the faster your body falls asleep and go back into a dream. :wink: So keep that in your mind. :biggrin:

Well, i have on many occastions gone back into dreams that i was having but never really saw that as an opportunity to LD duh! But i will deffinately give it all ive got! Maybe i should try and set the dream up while doing WILD and hopefully i will “transport” into that dream i have set up for myself. Maybe a room with a door in that once im lucid i walk through to the rest of my dream? And in this room i could have RC written on the walls so i remember to RC. What do you think?

C_mon, sounds good. When I WILD it’s usually from SP, so I have the leg up because I know when I’m about to go, so if I focus hard on an imaginary scene I’ll transport right into it in the blink of an eye. I’m sure normal WILDs are this way too? Just don’t lose your focus. :smile:

I fell asleep this morning, but practice makes perfect. If i keep trying i WILL achieve what i want.

Yes, thinking it is hard does seem to be the biggest problem. If you think it is hard it will be. You wind up conceding defeat before you even start.

Another problem I have with WILD is boredom with a technique. If I use one for too long I lose patients with it and therefore fail. I have a number of techniques I use and switch them around a bit to combat the boredom.

C_mon

Rather than trying to do WILD right away perhaps you could put yourself into a state of alert relaxation. Don’t try to WILD. Instead, just observe what happens as you drift off to sleep. It is just a thought I got from a topic I read a week ago so I am just thinking out loud here but, you never know, it just might work.

I’m thinking of trying to WILD as soon as I hit the sheets tonight and if it fails, a definite WBTB. Heck, I might try and sleep on my back as soon as I get in bed too, but that’s pretty scary… I only turn onto it if I wake up at 4:00ish and it’s lighter out and the birds are chirping and it’s all happy. :happy:

Has anyone tried earplugs? I’ve used them in the past and what you get it your heart beat (thump thump) and breathing, nothing else. You can concentrate on one of the two and block all other noises out that might arouse you somewhat. Tomorrow is Sunday, so it’s WILD day fo’ sho’. I’ll definitely have one by tomorrow morning. :smile: (See, positive outlook!)

I did that last night.
It was interesting, I got to the point where I get really uncormfortable like always, but I kept going. Ii got soooooo bad I couldn’t even lay still. I’d roll over and all of a sudden I’d be overcome with a wave of uncormfortableness to where it felt like my muscles were all ‘buzzy’. When I did loose conciousness I was jerked back awake by myself. Once I got hit with it sooo hard it felt like someone had nudged me to push me over.
I’d have to roll over every few minutes, and every few minutes ther feeling would come back. It was too uncomfortable for me to lay still and try to WILD.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Ai carumbah! (sp :razz:) My legs are soar enough to begin with. Neverless, I’m gonna check it out. I think I’ll lay on my back, and if all else fails, I’ll do it from SP (always works)

Ok ill be more positive. Milod i have never tried to WILD really. I just lay aon my back and see what happens and see if i can get far enough to attempt WILD.

I must remeber WILD is easy very easy and i can do it. And LDing is easy, because people can even roll into their LD’s so thats how easy it all is. I WILL HAVE A LUCID DREAM TONIGHT!!!

Bingo.

(But don’t force it - don’t be too over-exuberant. :wink: )

Alot of times when I do WILD I feel really tired afterwards. Any explanations for that? Also, the dreamscape appears…fuzzy alot of times, almost like I’m only half way in the dream. Are there techniques to help with that?