Falling Dreams...

I cant remember any falling dreams I have had, or if Ive had them. But one thing that I would associate with the falling dreams is sometimes I awaken to a violent twitch. When Im sleeping my body suddenly bolts, and I wake up. I cant remember seeing any dream or anything before I wake up though… One time though, I think I slipped in my dream and thats why it happened. Its very odd sensation and it usually comes when I havent been asleep for too long.

i’ve had few. they are usually very short dreams where i’m falling… like last tuesday-night i had this dream where i walked on a bridge, and it was so high, and i was little scared…under the bridge there was this train going by fastly. then suddenly i had a bike, and for some reason i just drowe through the bridges edge and fell all the way down. :eek: … i wasn’t lucid btw…

Cyril, that happens to me occasionally. I never remember a dream before it, just the sensation of falling. And I wake up suddenly, clutching the matress or something to keep from falling. It’s usually when I’m half asleep, so I’m not even sure if it’s a dream.

I had a falling dream when I was 2. I was falling down the stairs, but it was more like flying about 2 feet above the stairs. I kept falling and falling until I woke up…never have landed in a dream. More recently I had a dream where I was sort of half falling, half flying. I was scared cuz I couldn’t really control myself and there was telephone poles, not to mention the baby sitting on top of the wire which I had to safely get down. Since then I’ve had no falling dreams but 2 flying ones that were really intense.

[color=green]
I have had quite a few falling dreams.
Especially when I was young when I had a preoccupation with it.
From the time I was 5yrs old till when I was 9 yrs old I had dreamed of
Falling off:

The side of an apartment building balcony.
Off the upper level of a mall.
Out of many trees.
Off of an elephant.
Off of a merry-go-round.
Off of the John Hancock building.
Off a moving train.
Off a moving car.
Off a moving motorcycle.
Off a moving school bus.
Off 2 different schools.
Off of a 8 story hospital building.
Off of Mr Ed.

And the list goes on and on.
Not to mention the Dream I had of dying when I was 8 yrs old.
In dream I have been:

[list]
Shot(several different ways).
Stabbed.(several different ways).
Had my throat slit.(several different ways).
Been hung.(several different ways).
Impaled.(several different ways).
Stabbed, cut up, impaled and dragged through the streets of a mid-evil town to death.
Electrocuted.(several different ways).
Dismembered.(several different ways).
Lobotomized.(several different ways).
Been bludgeoned to death.

Not to mention many times before I had usually been dreaming about taking a bath. WTF is up with that?
But oh well. I dont have those dreams anymore.
Flying dreams are another thing I have had many more of those.
[/color]

Wow you certianly have had a lot of gruesome dreams. Glad that they’re over for you. Maybe the bath dream happened because your subconscious thought you were dirty.

psykotichypnotic: I dont even remember im falling, I just wake up to a twitch and thats it. once I just had a thought in my head that I slipped, and thats why I twitched…

…feels wierd in stomach when u fall, doesnt it? nice actually, but wierd…

I still remember my first and last falling dream. I used to be terrified of falling until I read a book that talked about dreaming about falling and actually allow to continue falling.

I’m dreaming that I’m in the tornado, going higher and higher. All of a sudden, the sky become clear and I’m falling rapidly. I’m so high and I can see the landscape with an ocean becoming bigger and bigger. I become afraid, but for some reason, I become lucid. I become very brave and decide to allow myself to fall. You know what? It doesn’t hurt! I wake up, wanting to have more falling dreams! What a rush! By the way, I never have falling nightmares anymore!

I just love it when I become LD and conquer my own fears and the nightmares disappear afterwards!

the worst falling dream i’ve had was in the worst and only true nightmare about 8 yrs ago. at the end of the nightmare, which i still remember vividly and still scares me to death, i fell through a sinkhole down into a huge cavern toward a shallow stream with lots of rocks. right before i hit the ground it went 3rd person and i saw a splash. i think i would have rather just hit the ground than watch it. what a horrible nightmare.

my first dream I fell of a cliff and I felt wind blowing against me. It was the first time I felt stuff in my dream. Now I like to jump off huge cliffs(some times doing tricks)and then I stop in the air right above the bottom,then I fly back up and do it again. It took awhile to get it down but it sure is fun.

In one LD I fell from a high building to the ground. The first second I was really scared, but then I remembered it was a dream, so nothing could really hurt me, so I just relaxed and let it happen. The sensation of falling was VERY real and gave me some extatic emotions. I landed very gently on the ground, which felt just great :smile:

i have had SOME dreams like that…also when i trip over things…whenever i WOULD fall or trip, it would feel SOOoooooo real its not even funny ! …i would get this weird feeling in my chest and stomach…whenever i would trip over something(in a dream)…my foot would actually MoVe in real life ! …really weird !

I get dreams like right after I go to sleep where I’m walking then I fall or trip and I try to stop myself. Then I wake up exactly when i move my leg and it’s like BOOM I move my leg and I’m awake it’s cool but weird, and uhh I’m a ne member, hi

I’ve had those dreams too. They’re strange, because I skip all the stages of sleep and go right into REM sleep.
And the leg jerking thing, that happens to me too. There is a name for it, a Somethingorother Jerk, I cant remember, but I read about it on the spiritweb FAQ.

In some of my dreams I jump out of windows for fun :cool_laugh: I always fall very slowly downwards as if I’m using a parachute. In a flying dream I tried to fly downwards rapidly, but it made my belly feel wierd as if I was on a rollercoaster. I didn’t like this feeling so I stopped and continued flying around.

That’s exactly how my dream was, it seamed realy close to when I fell asleep, (I used to think I was just imagining it while awake) I could tell it was right after I slept cause my brother was like what happened to me when my leg jerked, (Bunk bed, I got top bunk) and he sleep realy fast, so it was close.

I get some dreams where I have to run from something, so I start running and I jump off my stairs, it’s weird because I don’t hit the stairs it’s like i push myself forward a lot and never hit the steps. It’s realy awsome. And sometimes I take realy big steps and go forward on the steps.
After I saw this sight now I can’t wait to go to sleep.[/code]

thats odd how you guys trip in your dream… but to do that you woulda have to know its threr orels why your your subconscious even have it there, so its basicly stupidity if that is to happen, lol, dont take it as an offense ;-D

I dont really get what you mean. :bored:

I’ve actually had quite a few dreams where I’m falling. The worst would have to be one where i was walking in a multi-story mall. There was an event of somekind going on on the ground floor and many ppl were leaning over the edge to see what was going on. Suddenly it felt like i was being pulled over to the edge, i was a few feet from the railing when this started. I moved to the railing very quickly and i couldn’t stop myself. I figured i would stop once i hit the railing, but i just went right through it. As i was falling, i managed to grab a hold of the ledge, but then my arm broke. It broke right in the middle of my forearm. It was a complex fracture and my arm was being held together by a small piece of tissue on the left side of my arm, there was no pain or blood, but i remember feeling very afraid. Then i fell all the way to the ground floor, i looked at my arm and it was whole and unbroken, before i could do anything else, i woke up. I’ve had a variation of this dream where i was in the grand canyon and fell over the edge. Scary stuff… :bored:

I’ve had a lot of falling dreams but mine always ended about two seconds after I started falling.