Learning to fly in LD's

u probaly cant fly cuz u somehow expect u cant fly, if u just Know u can fly u can, if u doubt it will probaly fail.

one thing that was said about life, i think also works well with lucid dreaming.

If you think you can; you are right, if you think you can’t; you are right.

it really is about believing in yourself and that you can do something.

Its just like in ‘The Matrix’ where Morpheus is teaching Neo how to jump across the buildings and he says something like “You have to let go of all doubt and suspision and free your mind”. You just have to fully believe you can do it and you’ll be able to. What worked for me is asking a DC how to do it, when I tried it the way they told me to it worked straight away.

Hmm… I could fly 1st time I tried… Try diffret styles. Superman, think that you will get up, try flying like bird, swing your hands… When i 1st time tried to fly i just run and thought that now i am getting up, now i am getting up. I started to fly. Then i tried superman style, i started to fall. You need to find your style.

Btw. did everyone notice that I can’t speak english?

i’ve only flown once or twice but i used a gliding/flying technique w/ my arms at my side… worked great

Actually flying came really easy to me, not any technique. I just jumped up and I floated, no rockets or anything, just feel yourself floating and know you can control it, that way you can just… fly at will, without even moving :content: . But I still can’t change the scenery or make objects appear!

To fly you gotta convince yourself 100% you can do it. This might even need talk to your subconcious by going
“look subbie (hehe), see this text?”
looks at text, looks away, looks back at text
“The text is changing, that’s not possible in real life, we’re dreaming, so let’s have fun!”

And away you go.

well, I was able to fly in one of my first LD’s, I just said to myself, wooow, I’m dreaming, and that means, everything is possible, so i dont have weight, so I can fly… and the moment I thought about it, my body just started to flow… And now, when I want to fly, I just recall the feeling of flying and it works emediatly.
I belive not being able to do something in a dream is because our subconsciousness is used to the laws of this awake world, and we have to teach it, that there are other worlds with different laws around us…

yeah u really do have to believe, but its not as easy as it sounds try to believe in real life, without a doubt that u can fly… its a bit easier in dreams but u also dont always remember to really really beleive it.
2 things i do is not be scared of falling, if you are that means you dont believe u gotta keep reminding your self.
other and most important thing is not to try to hard to fly, flapping ur arms or swimming wont really help unless u believe. the only skill is in believing and then flying is as easy as walking or moving ur arm, or breathing even, goodluck :smile:

:cookiemon:

There is nothing like the feeling when you fly. Once you learn how you’ll always want to do it. When I have a bad day or just feel bad I fly in my dreams to eaze my mind.

:cookiemon:

you ever had a non lucid dream where u fly out to sea just inches off the waves?

I’ve never had any trouble flying in my dreams. I use a combination method…I just sort of levitate off the ground, and then move forward using gliding/wing flapping techniques. The most important thing is that you have to believe that you can fly.

Oh, and by the way, it’s great fun to fly up a couple hundred feet and dive bomb to the ground, especially with someone with you. I once took a friend of mine by the hand, and we flew upward and then spiraled down. She screamed so loud…

Pinkster :lmao:

I don’t know if this works, from personal experience, because I have only had one quite short LD. But my older brother gave me a tip for how he gets the sensation of flight… in waking life. He said that when he closes his eyes and tries to imagine taking off, nothing happens.

But he said if you imagine your surroundings flying past you, you can very easily get the sensation of motion and therefore flight. He also said this would work for rollercoasters, cars, anything like that. This might be helpful if you are in one of those semi-lucid states, where DCs are preventing you from taking off, driving off, whatever the case may be. Just try to make everything around you leave, and try to make the ground fall away from your feet.

Interesting concept… everyone let me know how it works out, I will when I can LD again.

in my first lucid dream i tried to fly like superman but crashed into the ground, when i got up a monk in an orange roab told me to close my eyes and jump. I did and i flew into the air and opened my eyes once i was flying. so try shutting your eyes and jump into the air.

i made the mistake of closing my eyes to try and fly last night.
for me, whenever i close my eyes in a lucid dream, i end up opening my eyes in real life, usually into sleep paralysis.

I’ve been able to fly since I was a kid… in dreams that is. Not always lucid though. I just imagine me flying and gaining height and then that’s exactly what happens. no superman or rockets or waving my arms or anything.
Nevertheless a couple of nights ago i tried swimming in the air cause it sounded like fun. At first I didn’t even notice I was dreaming cause I was ‘swimming’ so low and still seemed logical. Then I tried swimming higher and when I was able to I became lucid… :grin:

Grow wings. Flying is not question of belief after that. I’ve had couple dreams where I had huge bat wings and flying felt different then.

In my first lucid to make sure I was dreaming, I did a front somersault and then began to float. It was a bit like flying because I had my arms ahead of me like Superman, but I wasn’t moving at all and there was a really loud gust going by me like I was actually flying, yet I wasn’t. So maybe visualizing the sound of flying may help.

Finally an LD. I’ve had one before but it was ages ago. I am so excited. Anyway, what snapped me into it was finding something in my pocket that I don’t remember having. I got suspicious and flipped a light switch (I was in my house) as a reality check. Bingo!

I have one question. I was as lucid as I ever been but I could not fly. I was able to do a little swimming technique but that didn’t get me very far. (In my last one I couldn’t get off the ground at all) Why wasn’t I able to?

Congratulations on your first ld in recent times. Don’t worry if you failed to fly the first time around. It is a technique in lds that takes practice to master because you are used to the laws of physics in RL. Keep trying and remember that it is all about will power.