My first love. Not in RL :(

I remember being on the couch with a girl who apparently was in love with me and went as far as to tell me on the spot. Shyness? No. Worried about her reputation? Nope. She seemed to love me far more than anyone ever has loved me. I can’t really make out her face, but I know she looked good. While we were on the couch, I remember her sitting on my lap and leaning her head on me. Every five minutes she would let me know how much she loved me. When I finally woke up in real life, I was so sad, almost to the point of crying, because it wasn’t real, it was just a dream. If only someone in real life could love me as much as the girl in this dream.

I’ve had similiar experiences. It sucks.

Oh, I know how sad this is. When I was in love with this one person, I knew that she didn’t feel like me. But in my dreams she said that she loved me etc.

I felt so disappointed when waking up.

This is the benifit of being lucid. When you understand the temporary enviroment of your experience you can get the most out of the moment, and when you wake up, its like moving on. I’ve done that, whats next?

Normal dreams can suck because they’re essentially tricking you into thinking you own something, or you’ve accomlished something and now you wake up to find out its not “real”.
But you DID experience it. Its YOURS now.

Look at it as a positive experience. Keep it with you.

• feed_my_BRAIN

This happens to me a lot too. I don’t mind anymore.

I have the same problem with my SG. I feel it kind of prepares you for the feelings you are to face in a relationship. The good thing is if you ever find someone IRL I’m certain the DC/SG wouldn’t mind you cheating…

I’ve often wondered, does something need to have happened in real life for it to be important to us?

Anyways, try to find her again when you become lucid.

I’ve had similiar experiences. It is very cool :smile:.

same kinda thing here, i was bit disapointted but nothing big though

[quote=“Defiance”]
I’ve often wondered, does something need to have happened in real life for it to be important to us?
]
Yeah, for me anyway. Something has to happen in RL…the dreams are nice though…

I have been in a similar situation quite often… I am 22 years old, never been on a date, never kissed a girl and so on… So it is indeed very depressing when someone finally falls in love with you, and then you discover she never even existed and was all a part of your own mind.

I have a couple of times gone lucid in those dreams, because i thought it was just so unlikely that anyone would actually fall in love with me. All you wish in those LDs is to forget the fact that you are dreaming and continue with the dream.

Geez Tomas, stop beating yourself up already! You are just as good as anyone else!..Just bite the bullet and ask somebody nice and if they say no just ask someone elseand so on if necessary! F*** em’ if they say no

Time for me to offer some really corny advice: Perhaps if you spent more time trying to be happy with what you have and who you are, you’d spend less time (dream or otherwise) feeling bad about your current situation and like nobody is ever going to love you. Let’s face it: life’s a bitch. There’s a lot of crap we all go through and it’s not easy. But you only make it worse on yourself if you dwell in your own self-pity. Do what you can to have a positive attitude and remind yourself of all the good things in your life. If people stopped wasting their time by wishing for things they don’t have, they’d be happier, healthier, and whole. Try to live in the Now moment. It’s all we really have. :smile:

I definitely share your pain. I’ve never had a girlfriend (not interested, and being a small city there aren’t many decent girls around with morals,etc) but there was this one girl who I totally wanted. Oddly enough I ended up being really good friends with her. She wanted me, I wanted her, but she was about a year too young for me. :sad: So we never went anywhere. Eventually she moved away and I’ve seen her here and there.

I had a dream about her though that we were married. We enjoyed all the experiences that married couples share ( :wink: ) and it was just the awesomest feeling being with her again. But for some reason I didn’t think she really loved me. I was going to get a divorce (this was a normal dream BTW) and she was heartbroken. It was raining outside, and her brother approached me in an aggressive manner to ask me what the heck I was doing. I told him I didn’t think she loved me. He said “You don’t think she loves you? Turn around!” I turned around and L was there and immediately wrapped her arms around me. She was crying, and I think I woke up crying. It was a very emotional dream, but very satisfying having been able to see her again, even if in a dream.

She was in town the other day looking for me but I was unable to meet up with her. :sad:

There aren’t any decent people at all…I’ve lost all faith in people, from looking around in my local area. Everyone is the same stereotype (you get the picture). Sure, there are really nice pieces of eye-candy out there (the person on the bike :colgate: , I didn’t think that existed ) but they are just that; when I finally speak to them I can’t even imagine myself going on a simple date with them, it makes me sick to think how society molded some people (all genders). I feel I’l never find someone IRL, but I think it’s fine the way it is.

We always see the typical happy couple but they aren’t always happy now are they? Just because you see many people happy in a relationship doesn’t mean you/they are actually happy to be in one. Anyway, dreams of this nature always have another interpretation; very few dreams are literal.

sno_isulli wrote:

:clap: That was written perfectly.

I’ve experience love in dreams and while LD’ng. It is such a wonderful feeling because I can make the person exactly how I want them to be. We need to realize that we need to love ourselves too. Everyone on this forum laughs, debates, gets angry and feels a connection to one another just because of what we’ve written. Love happens. One of these days it’s going to smack you right in the nose. For everyone who’s looking for it. Just don’t force it.

oh my god. What happened today is leading me to believe that what I have had was not merely a dream, but in fact, A precognition of sorts. If you read my last reply in the Thread titled, “A dream prompted me to write a letter to a girl.” located in Fruits of Lucidity, you will see what I mean. I feel like someone wanted me to see that dream, so they could show me my future. Maybe the dream wasnt fake, it just hasnt happened yet. :smile:

I had some dreams like this once.

My girlfirend and I had jsut started dating, and I’d often dream about her and I sitting on a couch or a bed, cuddling, talking, etc.
…I’d usually wake up kissing my pillow, which would be covered in drool by the way :content:

heh well IF you learn LD you can hang out with her. But that’d be unhealthy. I say you still learn LD make her come to you and turn her into a frog lol. OR at leastt pretend she was taking advantage of you. but meh as time passes you’ll soon forget.

Sometimes dreams are so good that when you wake up you say ‘OH crap it was all a dream’ like for once i had the power to change bodies with people. That was awesome but then i woke up and cursed the hell outta me.

My pillow is always covered in drool…But that’s another story. :crazy: (I do believe Homer Simpson has such an issue)

I never say ‘Man it was only a dream’, dreams are like vacation for me; get away from it all even if its only in my head.

Don’t get too obsessed with the thought of these types of dreams, you can bring her back if you want but you might get a bit depressed by the sight of this person.