Music while being lucid

I had my first lucid dream last night :cool_laugh: , and it took place at my school. Something I noticed was background music which was played during my whole dream. I had never heard those songs before, and because of the fact that I’m quiete musical myself, I think that those melodies were maid up by my own mind while I was sleeping. Sound quiete weird, though.

Anyway. Is this common for lucid dreamers?

I’ve experienced this a few times.
Those tunes were simply beautful and most personal.
I also played the guitar a couple of times…feels good to be a rockstar even if it’s only in a dream :happy:

It’s not exactly common… but it’s not too unusual to hear a song whilst in an LD (sometimes a song from real life, sometimes a song made up in your head).

Congratulations on your LD, Incanus! :cool: I totally love dream music! If there only was a way to make it in real life as perfect as it is in dreams…

Did you hear of perceive the music any differently in the dream than you would IRL? I have noticed it is easier to follow both individual parts, and to experience them together as a whole song in a dream.

Well! i dont really have background music while lucid dreaming, but whilst meditating or doing the HI bit i will often times have ambient music of some sort on a very consistent basis.
While most of the time the sounds or music are familiar, i will occassionally (i like doubling up my letters ;o) expirience seemingly random tunes

Keep track of this as you continue in your quest for lucid-guruism. it may be interesting to hear what you can compose!

C’est la Vie

Hi Incanus. Congrats on your first lucid dream :ok:
One of my main interests is music and I’ve sort of made some in my ND’s either original or a very strange mixture of already existing songs. I haven’t experienced it much in my LD’s yet. Though I probably will now after reading this :tongue: If music has been on your mind it will probably get into your dreams, lucid or non-lucid.

Thank you all for answering! If I only could write those melodies down… :neutral:

I’ve only heard dream music once, it was during a WILD attempt…

It sounded very similar to “Blind Guardian - Weird Dreams” but it felt much more powerful…

Me too … :sad: … heard the most awesome peice of orchestra in my LD today, if only I could remember it and write it down :sigh: