i can't speak in my LD

hello dreamers

My name is Evgeni and I’m from Bulgaria.

Last nigth i had my third LD. In my dream I saw a DC and because i was very exited i wanted to tell/scream her that i’m dreaming rigth now. But i could not open my mouth. it was very dificult to move my lips and i made just some strange deaf noise and this wake me up. How can i deal with that problem?

Also i find it dificult to do strange thing like to walk through walls.

You struggled to much. My advice would be to just relax, wait a couple of seconds ddn then just try casually opening your mouth.

If you still can’t open your mouth, there’s other ways to talk in LD’s (eg. telepathy).

If all the above fails, then either be inventive (pull out a knife and cut your mouth open for example) or just struggle like hell until it opens (though this should be a last resort).

Trying to strange things… my advice to you would not think of there being a wrong way of doing it. Just do it. And keep in mind that you can do anything in an LD.

I’ve never been able to talk with my mouth in LDs, although granted i’ve never tried.

When ever i have spoken it’s been more telepathic like, I just accepted this as normal.

I have found that when I am over excited about something in a ND/LD i have trouble doing what i want to do. I feels like the excitement overrides the will to move/speak etc.

Try sureals suggestion and just relax and try when you are a little calmer.

In a LD, when you try and speak with your mouth, like IRL, you often obtain curious results. As for me, I have a strange voice, like the Voice in Dune movie. Sometimes, it’s very hard to speak.
You still can use “telepathy”, it works very well.

okay 10x for sharing experience
it’s definitely helpful

I agree that this over-excitement may be the clue to my unsuccess of exploring LDs. I also notice that when i find myself lucid in a dream i am in a hurry to do things because not to waste my lucid time. Maybe this is based on mental ground but i definately dont like this tipe of intensity. Maybe somehow i have to relax while in LD.

I’ve never really payed attention. I guess that is probably the best thing to do.

It should work if you really want it to; don’t let yourself think that you can’t do something, because you can.

don’t fight it

reach unison with the dream and with your mind, treat it with respect, and it will be much more likely to cooperate with you.

you were probably trying to use your mouth in real life, and i too sometimes have these problems… if i do i just stop trying to talk and instead i think the thoughts “loudly” in my head while staring at the person that i want to hear them.

Wow, I never knew so many people have trouble speaking in their LD’s. To me, it’s second nature (just like in real life :wink:).

You can speak loud easily in a LD, Sureal? Nothing strange happens when you speak?

Nope. I’ve never had any trouble at all. I’ve spoken in all my LD’s. It’s also hown I give ‘commands’ to DC’s (though, they don’t always do what I say…) :smile:.

I’ve never noticed anything weird about my voice in LD’s either, but perhaps I should pay more attention.

:hmmm: I usually can speak in dreams, but if I shout too loudly, I “strain my voice” very quickly and wake up soon after that. But sometimes I think, that it’s just what I believe must happen, because I have read reports by dreamers of Castanedian trend and they claimed that speaking in a dream takes lots of energy. But, as Sureal’s example shows, there is nothing fundamentally impossible in speaking. It’s more likely, that some people, once having tried to shout in a LD, accidentally address their real body instead the “dream body”, which naturally makes normal response impossible, since the real body is paralyzed at the time. This effort can even wake them. Than they remember, that it was difficult to speak, and when in another LD they try to do it again, they get the same result, only because they expect it. Now, they go to an internet forum and tell everyone that it is difficult to speak in a dream. And if they are Castanedians, dream hackers or have some another theory of dreaming, they can even explain, why if it impossible to speak in dreams. Then other people will even expect failing when they speak in a dream in the first time… And we get a huge snowball of people like me, who have heard something about something and get what they believe they must get.

okay,
but how can you explain the fact that i have never been reading about someone who could not speak in his dreams.

It was my first attempt to say something to DC and i expect that it will be no problem speaking, I just wanted to talk to him as i normally do IRL. Actually it was a big surprise when i couldnt move my lips.

thats why i posted this thread and i can see that this is not just me who has the this problem.

Today I woked up from a LD by laughing out loud. I had to bear the sight of my friend trying to get off into the air. I was already hovering in a seated position ready to fly alway but he was still jumping around fully immersed in his struggles. First I was patient and tried to give him advices like ‘concentrate man’, ‘ok now hold your breath’ and so on, but when he clashed his ankles in the air at his side like a burlesqe figure… loooool I erupted out from the dream.

popov: You’re freind sounds like me :wink:.

||| || | ||| |: Sometimes weird things just happen in you’re LD’s. And this expecation carries on into your other LD’s.

For example, I had trouble jumping out my bedroom window. And after the first time I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t do it any other time (I kept on waking up).

However, one time I just jumpd straight out, without giving it any thought (I bascially over came the mental barier I had built up).

try to think like this:

just speak, don’t try to speak

Lol. You mean “just think like this”.

Yus. But he’s right. I just speak - I don’t bother thinking about it :smile:.

haha :happy: