Good Dreams, Bad Daydreams

I have an issue with my dreams and my daydreams. I have pleasant dreams, yet horrific and mortifying daydreams. I get the poop scared out of my when I daydream and when I dream I wish I could remember it because I wake up feeling better.

Why do I have such bad Daydreams, yet such good dreams? :bored:

I’m stumped.
Daydreams are not really the same thing as dreams that occur in REM sleep, they are usually a result of a passive withdrawl of attention from the outside world (like normal dreams), but you are usually more conscious during them thatn non lucid REM dreams, and most importantly, you’re awake.
If I had to make a guess, I’d say your worrying about something, or somethings, and you are obviously preoccupied with it. Thus, when you withdraw your attention from the outside world and start to daydream, you start to imagine situations and events which are a reflection of something you don’t really feel good about.

When I go into the daydream state, I feel sort of sedated, and when I snap out of it, I can’t remember what was happening around me and I find myself questoining where I am… here’s another question… is that normal for daydreaming?

about the bad daydreams: So you’re saying that I have issues with something that needs to be resolved. But, the problem is, I don’t know what it’s about. My daydreams usually have death, destruction, and self mutilation.

I don’t know if you have issues like that, but it may be a possibility. You can definitely find out yourself if you do have any issues with anyhting, and then work on resolving them.
Perhaps you also watch violent TV, that could cause ‘bloody’ daydreams.

Yeah, I do watch violent TV, but I don’t get affected by that. Mainly it’s of my own death or the death of someone close to me. It’s kind of frightening.

Maybe it’s a mixture of the two?
I really don’t know enough to give a good opinion about this, but like I said, it sounds like concern about something being manifested through a familiar medium.

Alright. I’ll take that in consideration. Thank you for the advice and the knowledge. I will be more aware of this. And thank you for taking your time on me. :smile:

You’re most welcome :smile:

Are these day dreams or fantasies?

Can’t you just, y’know, think of something different during the day dream?