Third person perspective in LD's

Previous title was “Does this happen to anyone else?”

My problem is a strange one. I don’t appear in dreams. hat’s not saying I don’t dream, I do. Very strange and odd ones at times.
The problem is, I’m not actually there. It’s like watching a TV show except I get better camera angles for everything. I have on occasion had ideas and even realisations that it’s a dream, but I’ve nothing to act with. Should I try wishing myself into existance?

That happens to me about half the time, it’s like watching a movie, right? Have you tried zooming into where you pre-suppose yourself to be? That might work…

When you realise you’re dreaming, just try moving an arm in front of your face. That usually does the trick of giving you a body.

I certainly agree w/ Surreal. Do something so that you can see yourself.

I’ve had dreams like that too. I once had an LD where I was a DC. I actually got to freeze the dream and walk completely around myself.

Before I made Lucid dreams, when I dreamt it was like if I was watching a film too.
But now, I can play a role in the dream.
I am a charcater of the story and I am not watching the story.
It’s better like that !! :content:

That could be used very easily for obtaining lucidity, jsut do an RC whenever you feel liek you are watching a tv show or a movie, and see how taht works.

Also try saying, “when i turn around I will appear, or i will be able to see myself” or something, experiment with different things.

But… if you’re just a disembodied camera, then how can you turn around?
Unless you have a body to turn around with…
… in which case you don’t need to do that :wink:.

Try finding a mirror or something you expect to find a reflection in :smile:

lol sureal… … YEah…

You like to… … yeah

Anyway dont tkae sureals advise, or you may never go lucid

Jk :smile:

I always, ALWAYS dream in the third person. I can see myself, but from someone elses eyes. Am I odd?

I think you are. :wink: As for me, it happens very rarely and doesn’t last a long time when it happens.

My dreams this past week have been weird, I had 0 control over what I did, it was as if I was behind a screen watching my dreams. I had no control over my actions.

In the past I did not mind this but this week it has been especially cumbersome because I’m trying to WILD.

My dream recall is no problem but in my dreams it’s like I’m distant and in no control. In fact, in one dream I was in control of my thoughts but not my actions.

It was a nightmare, for lack of a better word. I was dreaming, I was lucid because I said in my mind “I’m dreaming.” But I had no control, I could remember commenting to my self and it was like I was watching a movie.

I considered this a lucid dream because I was aware that I was dreaming, but I couldn’t do anything.

so… you think its remote viewing? (looking at the post’s subject title).

Its not. Not directly anyway.

Get your control back by telling yourself its your dreams, and youa re in control.
We do sometimes have dreams that we see from the 3rd person… but usually its not the case

if this happens again next time try close your eyes and not see any of it… then open them but tell yourself where u want to be…

Your not saying your dreams, 100% of the time are viewed in the 3rd person? (from an outside view)?

-stranger

Hm Garlic, most people associate “remote viewing” with telepathy and external sensory perception, and I don’t see anything of this in your report so I suppose you mean something else - 3d person perspective? If so, maybe better change the title because it’s confusing and will lead to many “this is not remote viewing”-remarks :tongue:

I merged this post into an existing topic about dreaming in the third person perspective.

I recently had a 3rd person viewing dream. it’s in my DJ. Except that I wasn’t a character in the dream. Well, I was but not technically.

I noticed recently that all my LD’s were in a sort of third person view point! I only realised this after the dream- as at the time this felt completely natural.

I think part of the reason i have low control in LD’s is due to this- because its like im not expieriencing things like I do in RL and am not seeing things first hand.

Has anyone else had this and is there anyway of getting first person viewpoint in LD’s as i beleive this would help me.

I have had first person view in ND’s so i’m confused :confused:

Mostly I have dreams in first person, but sometimes I have them in 3rd person. Both can…
I personally never had LD’s in 3rd person view, but I know some members here have had it.

When I’m doing WILD I walk down the stairs, but I have that often in 3rd person view and I want to change that to first view. I correct my self all the time. Someone told me that you should turn around. So then you’re looking at the stairs and you have first person view. Maybe you could something like that too…

?

read it again, he means he’s had 3rd person ND’s but not 3rd person LD’s. :wink: