Help me explain 2 events in my life to myself

Well the logical thing would be a dream. Or there was a trap door in your wall, that the man came through with a knife, or it could of been your imagination.

Or maybie someone one was pulling a prank.

Well I expect it to be a dream of some sort. But when I read through “the old hag” topic I saw people saying things like, “looks like a classic case of old hag SP” like it happens all the time to everyone. I was hoping for something like that for my room changing colors or something. ya know?

It just didnt feel like a normal dream, I remember it like it was real life.

Hey renko.

I think your parents might be right after all. When you are so young it sometimes happens that you fall asleep very quick and dont notice it, sometimes while thinking you are still awake (young people seem often to be natural LD-ers too!). I give it a very big chance this is what happened in both cases, probably combined with fear feelings / visuals connected to SP. Although I am not an atheist, I really do not think there were any spirts hanging around that would have influenced you.

I think too it was a dream, because I think that children have more difficulties with telling dreams and reality appart.

I’ve also seen wierd things when I was a child, but this was outside playing.
I saw a picture of a witch in a glass door, and when I ran home I saw shoes (they looked like mine, but transparent) that run by themselfes. The first thing could have been my imagination, but I’ve read a theory that if someone experiences a feeling very strongly (fear, love, sorrow etc), then it leaves an emotional “mark”.
But that sounds a bit too wierd.

I guess it was probly just dreams. but I just dont remeber falling asleep or waking up from them. but I guess that little kids do have a harder time distinguishing with that kind of thing.

It’s possible that you were dreaming, but if you don’t remember waking up after either of those experiences, then it’s probably more likely that it was SP. You’re not technically asleep when you’re in SP, but you are still subject to dream-like visions, sounds and sensations, also known as hypnagogic imagery. In my experience, SP occurs when a person is both awake, and in the REM sleep cycle—as weird as that sounds. Their body is paralyzed, just as it is while dreaming, and their sensory perception is still prone to influence by imaginary artifacts (everything you see in a dream is technically a hallucination, as the images and sounds make use of the same part of your brain that interprets signals from the physical world—the stimulus just arrives from a different source).

Anyway, I’m weary anytime someone explains that a supernatural experience took place while they were lying in bed. I mean, why would a spirit or supernatural figure only make itself known to you when you were close to sleep, and never while you were standing up, walking around, or talking to other people? It just seems blatantly obvious to me that these effects are caused by the mind as it is preparing for sleep. Just my thoughts, anyway.

renko, were you sleepy at that stage or tired?
Every now and then I get hallucinations in the nights . I know I am awake and my eyes are open, and I see people or a friend beside me, talking to me… I am fully awake, but the person(s) are there. I always think that its really late for their visit, but they are here now, so I have to talk to them hehe.
It can last between few minutes and even half an hour. Basically untlil I realise that they are not real (by hearing a car from outside, or light, or I just realise that I did not invite this person today so he cant possibly be here…and then he is gone! :smile: ).

I get it less now but when I was young it came almost every week.
I have a friend who use to get the same, but in the days… He would just see someone standing beside him and then a second later he would be gone. :bored: :bored: :bored:
They tested him for brain demage etc. , but didnt find anything. (SO I hope I am noramal too hehe).

Hmmm … I think I will make a separate post about this one :smile: (probably this Sunday :smile: ) .

i get the person thing except it always feels like they are walking around inside my mind.

Hradska, what do you mean was I sleepy or tired? arent those the same things?

Renko,
Children are more often subject than adults to strange visions between waking state and dreams. So, even it looks like SP (in the first dream, you said: “when I try to turn to see what it is I cant”), it’s perhaps not classical SP, but a sort of related phenomenon.
Moreover, children have also more hypnopompic hallucinations, that is hallucinations which happen once you’ve just woken up. With children, they seem to last longer. A friend of mine told me that, when he was about 10, he still could see things of his dreams 30 minutes after he woke up!
So I think it wasn’t really normal dreams, but sort of SP/hallucinations stuff.

well tired physically
or sleepy = tired mentaly

(sorry for not making it clear).

Well, people who believe in ghost can answer, that in half-awake, half-sleeping state people are especially sensitive and can see various astral things, always wandering around.
Though, even if it was possible, most of such cases would still be just hallucinations. :smile:

I just did a search on ghost and this was the closest thing I could find…No one believes in even the possibility of the existence of ghosts? Hmmm, I was hoping to find both sides of the argument…Anyone out there think they might be real as in seperate from us or our imagination?

Anamcara,

I was a mod on a parapsychology forum (it’s closed now) and it seems that parapsychologists don’t find a lot of ghosts (haunting a house, like you can see in horror movies). The only strange cases are about poltergeists, but it’s not “explained” through ghosts now, but through psychokinesis.

Anyhow, I just received a few days ago a PM on this parapsychology forum (threads are closed, but you can PM somebody). It was a woman. She wrote in a well written and very coherent way, so it seems she wasn’t mad or lying (we have had a lot of schizophrenics and mythomaniacs on this forum). Here is the story:

I thought it could interest you. :smile: Though its’ surely not very well translated. :sad: I used the Google translator, then I corrected the most obvious mistakes, like “I lost a very expensive being”, etc. :content:

Thanks Basilus, It’s too bad the forum didn’t work out…Who was doing the psychokenisis? And what do you think of John Edwards (medium, not senator) I did used towatch his show but wasn’t sure I believed him and I never heard what happened to it.

We weren’t told of any poltergeist case on the forum, as far I remember. The only “case” we were told about was by an obviouly schizophrenic girl (but we couldn’t verify she was mad, as it’s just a forum where people posts in).
On LDall, there is a little thread about TK/PK in which I said a serious guy I knew managed a little PK experiment.
Telekinesis
I should try… :smile:

We haven’t such medium TV shows in my country, so I never have seen John Edwards on the TV. Skeptic says he uses a technique called “cold reading”, that is getting useful information with apparently innocuous questions… sort of what Defiance does in the Wolfgame… :wink: I’ve had some experiences with seers and it seems they “see” true information, though it’s very few or quite useless information. Now it’s possible that they have to use “cold reading”, voluntarily or unconsciously, to get more accurate information. And making believe there is a king of magic in it may produce a sort of catharsis within the person who asks for an advice, so that he finds the good answer himself. I think it may work like this, but it’s just my opinion.
But we are a little bit off-topic, now… :content:

Thanks Basilus! I wonder if anyone else here would be interested in this stuff, the paranormal that is…We are all relatively sane…It should be ok here right? If anyone else is interested…

I think that some people here are interested in this stuff. You may post in the “Beyond Dreaming” section, or even in the “Lucid Lounge” if you feel it’s off-topic too much. But don’t be surprised if you get a lot of skeptic replies too… :tongue:

Well I’m sorta a skeptic too but… still interested to find out about people’s experiences or perceptions… whatever…