Looking in mirrors

Of course you don’t :tongue:
What I meant was that it could make you realize that you’re dreaming and to become lucid - not while you’re lucid of course. :content:

Just kidding ofcourse, but you wrote the question in such a way that it looks as though you asked that :wink:

Staring in mirrors should help you with morphing, or even cloning :smile:

Mirrors are great in dreams and have often made me lucid.
I look different in a dream mirror (more hair mainly!). One thing I have noticed sometimes which amuses me at the time is a kind of delay in the movement of my reflection. For instance if I make a face in a dream mirror it can take my reflection up to a second to respond with the same face. I guess this is down to my brain working overtime to duplicate the information, but it can be quite funny.

In lucid dreams, very funny things happen when I’m looking in a mirror. Sometimes, my reflect doesn’t look like me, it’s blond-haired, or it plays at making faces. Or I don’t see a reflect, but something different happen in the mirror. Once, there was a gorilla into the mirror, and it tried to pass through the glass to enter my dream world. :smile:

I think its because you expect it. My reflection moves along pretty well I think, and dont underestimate the power of our minds :smile:.

When I look in the mirror in my dreams I can see different me’s all the time. It could be a difference in my hair, mostly hair and my lips.

But when you’re ld’ng… You can do whatever. You should try jumping through it or pulling a Matrix.

Whenever I look in the mirror in a dream, my image always corresponds to me exactly. It hardly ever resembles myself in real life, but this is because in the dream I don’t resemble myself in real life appearance-wise, so this is how the mirror reflects it. Either that, or I’m wearing outrageous punk outfits, etc. :content:

Last night I had some LD’s so I set out to test this again, my image looked rather like myself IRL and corresponded exactly to my movements in the dream! …

Xetrov: Yeah, I’ve tested that a couple of times. With the same results :smile:.

I guess it just comes down to how you expect your dream mirrors to behave.

Does anyone here know the actual logic of lucid dreaming? Like why can we jump throug a mirror, or why does our hand get distorted? I know it’s a ll in our minds, but why does the mind allow us to not be able to turn off the light, for example?

It’s always confused me, a little.

Contact people who knows about that, generally scientists working on this to recieve info about that one. :content:

Jumping through a mirror is easy, since you can do most of this stuff in a dream as long as you believe you can. About distorted hands and especially light switch issues, check this thread for a similar discussion.

Or, if you’re too lazy to check out that thread:

• Dreams are based of expectations. You’ve been told you’ll have distorted hands - and so you do.
    You’ve been told light switches won’t work - and so they don’t.
    You’ve been told DC’s refuse to accept it’s a dream - and so they don’t.

Personnally, I haven’t had any of those ‘problems’ (my hands are fine, lightbulbs generally work and DC’s will happily accept it’s a dream - I quite often get them to teach me how to use my powers).

generally:gni:

Yes, well…

I only realised that this was based on expectations after I tried the lightbulb and it worked. I then rememberd that they weren’t meant to work… and it didn’t.

At any rate, it’s hard getting over the myth :wink:. They work, but quite often don’t work ‘properly’ (eg. giving out a single, concnetrated beam of light).

hello alll…im new here…and i didnt know about lucing stuff before…and i had these weird dreams…and there was this weird thing…

i looked in the mirror and i saw myself bald…(i have dreadlocks) i looked at myself and i said to myself…shit i look gay :happy:

Hi Supersonic! Welcome to the forum! :wave:
You’re a “natural” lucid dreamer? You can anwer “yes” to this poll then: Are you a natural? :wink:

light switches work after a few tries for me :smile: … i agree, it’s totally based on expectations.
I tried to change my appearance in front of a mirror. I ended up with a face like a vampire in Buffy the Vampir Slayer :razz: but i gotta say, it seems to me my reflection is a being of its own and is only trying to mimic me…

It’s perhaps our own understanding of the IRL mirror phenomenon. Until we are about 1 year and a half old, we don’t realize that the people in the mirrors are reflections.