Star Wars: Episode III made me sad :(

No way, with the amount of money he rakes in off each episode, I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulled another few episodes out of his butt. If so, he’d probably make even more since it’d be such a surprise, I think it might do even better!

Well, it’s not like George Lucas needs the money :content:

Didn’t he say the same thing after return of the jedi! Who know what will happen in the future. Perhaps he will change his mind again.

The other 3 are written, so perhaps if he doesn’t want to do it someone will buy the rights from him.

I think that in the first three films you can see Anakins general movement away from the jedi. In the first film he’s separated from his mum, very bad idea, and Quigon dies. In the second his mum dies, and he’s powerless to stop it. In the third he’s so afraid of losing Padme, he takes the only action he thinks can stop his suffering.

I thought it was very well done, especially the last bit with Obiwon and Annikin. My favourite of the 6 I think.

Oh, I didn’t know that. Maybe he will make them after all then.

I hate to be a double poster and all…but I saw it last night :cool_laugh:
I loved it, it was very sad I thought. I knew it was going to be dark, but I didn’t know it would be that dark, like when Aniken killed the younglings, and order 66, all that stuff.
The special effects and the light saber choreography were just great.

I’d go see it again any day :smile:

It is still not at the drive-in yet. :grrr:

Well he claims he wrote all 9 but, I don’t know about that. I think he is making it up as he goes along.

I think he’s got the basic story line written down, but no screenplays or anything.
Thats what he did when he did the first trilogy, he wrote the back hstory which became the new trilogy, this is why sometimes you can find little plot holes in the original trilogy.

Episode III was undoubtably the best Star Wars movie. Perhaps because it is the last (latest, not in number) of the series.

I whole-heartedly disagree. None of the prequels come anywhere near to the standard of the originals. Ep 3 was the best of the prequels, but overall I didn’t like it as much as everyone else. It still had that annoying slapstick style comedy which is really lame, and it was too rushed I reckon. My favourite was The Empire Strikes Back.

Return of the Jedi will always be my favorite, but this revenge of the Sith was pretty good I think.

[quote=“Skidzz”]
And my other sister (!!) said that it must have been LUKE who brings balance to the force.quote]

I think it was referring to how Darth Vader (Anakin) Kills the Emporor at the end.

Another thing to think about. How him and the only other darklord to control the power of not dieng couldnt save themselves. Even though he died from a saber slaughtering he died like three times 1 from him turning dark 2 from him losing his wife!! 3 a saber slaughtering no matter what you cant control that power no matter what.

Yeah, but if a Sith was that powerful, he’d be good enough to win in a light saber fight anyway :content:

lol so true

I’m very surprised to see this thread still active! :good:

He didn’t die from the saber, he died or was near death from the lava. The saber only cut off his legs, and hand… Maybe I’m confused as to what you’re saying.

I was slightly disappointed there wasnt more.

But at least I did see the emporer expel yin ch’ien energy.

I thought it was a great movie and I can’t wait for it to come out on DVD. I really liked the fight in Mo’sta’fa (I doubt I spelled that right), the start scene was really cool as well. Also if you’re bummed that hey’re all over remember that Star Wars is planed to have 9 movies, I don’t know if hey will all be made but there were 9 planed.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed the completely unfunny slapstick humor, especially with the droids. At the theatre, all I could think about is why in the hell are people laughing at this?

Well, it’s a little funny, in a Three Stooges kind of way. Just imagine, what other kind of humor could they have gotten away with? I’m pretty sure George Lucas wanted to make the film suitable for just about everyone, not just teens and adults.