rrrrrrrr why does he always do this. what a friend he is.

Ok so I have this friend who I have been friends with for maybe a year now. I got to know him in school and we have kept contact. recently I have thought i should stop being friends with this guy cause he is selfesh and rrrrrr just consedid. Here’s the thing, I used to like him (that ended a long time ago, lol) but he would play with my emotions a lot, he would act like he liked me and then he would be like I don’t like you like that, then we would go to the movies and he would be all cuddly with me and then he would be like eh I don’t like you like that again (and when I say cuddle I mean holding my hand, hugging me for a long time during movies and stuff, tickling all that jazz, it doesn’t matter anymore cause I don’t like him like that I like someone else). So now that I don’t like him we are just friends but he tries to play those games with me still and when I don’t play along he gets mad at me.
I always have to go to see him, he can’t ever come see me. And If I have plans the hell with them Id better change them or he’ll get mad at me, but if he has plans then it’s gotta be some other time.
lately he calls me makes plans, I work my day around them to hang out and find a ride into town and he calls up and changes it. The last weekend I asked him if he wanted to go with my cousin and I to the dance factory ( I really didn’t care if he went or not cause I was going to see sean not logan lol, but I was trying to be nice) so anyways he makes plans with me and says he’ll be there, well we show up and he doesn’t. He later the next mornign calls me at 7am wakes me up and says o sorry about last night I forgot all about you and your cousin. (what a beep!!!) so I act like it’s ok and nothing is wrong, tell him how I had a good time with this guy (sean) and got his # and he gets all pissed off and says he has to go.
So just now like 2 hours ago he calls me and invites me to go to the dance factory and I say ok, and find a ride and work everything out. Then I call him back and let him know i’ll be there and he goes O you know I’m not going anymore im too tired and well you should just understand that i’ve been working all day, so I said ok and hung up. But what does he mean I should understand, that creep is the one who called me and made the plans it’s not like I was begging him to go, he wanted me to go. rrrrrrrr.
anyways I just want to know others opinions on this fella, Is he not a very good friend, cause I don’t think he is, but Idk, I think that im gonna call him and just tell him to butt out of my life.
what do you think?

Sounds like a plan to me. :smile:

Obviously this person has no consideration for your feelings. More than that, it sounds like you do not enjoy spending time with him anymore so, why bother. Find someone who will treat you how you deserve. I do not know why but, I get the feeling that there is more to the story.

I do not see how this person could be considered a friend by any definition.

Good luck

we all have our own problems, so spare us your whining

well to the first poster thanks, yeah I don’t even know why I posted it really, I already knew what I should do I think it was more of a venting thing. thanks though, It does help to know im not being mean about it. No there isn’t more to the story, we were basically really good friends once and then all this happened.
to the second poster…excuse me!!! but this is the only place I can go for things like this, if you didn’t want to hear the whining then don’t read my post.
thanks, and bye.

(Ok, one thing you’ve got to know about me is i’m way too understanding and too forgiving, so…)

Maybe he’s just insecure with you. Hiding his emotion with a prankster’s guise, afraid of what you would think of the real him. Maybe he’s just afraid of letting anyone that close… unfamiliar with being that way. Try to put up with him, I have a feeling he’s hiding a lot more than he’s showing.

(I’m actually wondering if he’s jealous with Sean…)

Still, I have a feeling (which could be, and usually is, wrong, so be warned), that when push comes to shove, he is still a friend in the end that would still do a lot for you.

Seriously, give him more chances, as hard as it might be. You were once really good friends, try to claim that friendship back. At the very least, give it a few days. And in those few days: Talk to him. Understand him.

And be easy on ilovelucid. ilovelucid is right about one thing, however. We all have our problems… Now what could be the problem of your friend?

(Oh, BTW, what does ldk mean?)

Sometimes people just need someone else to give legitimacy to what they already know they want to do. Or, as you said, sometimes we just need to vent and feel free to vent away. You will find that the people here on ld4all are supportive and caring people, generally speaking that is. Anyway, no I do not think you are being mean or cold or anything like that.

I am sure that ilovelucid Is just having a bad day (as we all do occasionally) so, please don’t take offence and please feel free to post how and what you like.

It’s alright to post problems here, though there are specialized sites for this sort of thing.

Sounds like he either really doesn’t want to be around or is unsure of his feelings/self. If you’re not happy with this guy tell him how you feel and avoid him; but he seems really immature so he might like revenge.

BD87, I wouldn’t apologize for your post. I agree with Milod though. Sometimes there are things that are going on and we need and outsiders opinion.

But about your dilemma with this guy friend of yours. You are doing way too much for him and he knows it. He’s treating you as if you were his possession. Something like what a spoiled brat would do with there innumerous amount of toys. They play with them whenever, treat them like it can be replaced at no expense and will absolutely flip if anyone else touches them.

What Omega3 says is right. When he leaves you hanging again. Because he’s going to. (sorry)tell him how you feel.

You are worth so much more and don’t forget that.

Why don’t we consolidate all BlueDolphin’s lifestyle issues into one single big topic? Because I must say although I didn’t mind the first one and I tolerated the second, three whole topics of just trying to get other people to solve your problems for you is starting to get really irritating. Especially since all three are about boys and are remarkably similar.

(Edit: Oops, I mean FOUR topics on her personal issues. I missed one before.)

Seriously though, I do have some advice - you need to be true to yourself and make your OWN decisions. It’s really coming across like you’re relying too much on other people to make them for you. Be brave and have a go yourself! :content:

Okay, for this I have to completely agree with ilovelucid. I’m sorry, but you ARE whining. I can’t believe something this trivial is even so much of an issue to you that you feel you need to complain about it. People make cancellations all the time - and from my experience, you should count yourself lucky he bothered to tell you. Often people don’t tell you at all and don’t apologise afterwards, either. And there’s no more legitimate excuse than working all day. Few people have the energy to go dancing afterwards. I think it’s very insensitive and selfish of you not to understand that hard work at a job can be very tiring. Not only this, but since he made the plans, I don’t see why he doesn’t have the right to cancel them. If you don’t like him that much, why do you care so much anyway?

I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but I believe that good honest advice is better any day than warm fuzzy feelgood feedback. But hey - I don’t want you to listen to me anyway! Go out and make your own decisions! :tongue: