Sleepwalking and sleeptalking

That won’t work either because I sleep without a pillow. :tongue:
But thnx for the idea.
I’m still guessing because of what reason it happens never while i’m at home, because if I know that, I can figure out what to do about it when i’m not at home.
It’s not that I do not feel comfortable when I not at home or something, but I do sleep in a two-person bed on my own at home, so maybe that has something to do with it (less space when i’m not at home). But I usually feel more comfortable when I’m NOT at home, because at home, I sleep alone at the attic, without any nice stuff, just 50-year old rubbish from my parents (books in boxes etc.), so its not like I have such a nice bedroom at home that im missing the ‘smell of home’ (at least: it think so).

Well then… I feel bad for you. Maybe you should tie yourself to the bed then.

Just kidding

Tell them you’re likely to sleepwalk. Thus they will be warned and won’t be afraid or surprised if it happens. And you will be less stressed, so you probably won’t sleepwalk. :smile:

I used to sleepwalk a lot. My mum was constantly telling me in the morning that she heard a sound, came out of the lounge and I was running down the stairs! I used to collapse as soon as I got downstairs, and she’d have to drag me back upstairs.

To be honest, i don’t think that there’s really anything you can do. Some people are natural sleepwalkers. You’ll probably grow out of it, I hardly ever do it now.

I’d tell the people there, I’m sure that they wont think it’s a big deal, it happens to many of us.

sleepwalking is so annoing, used to do that while i was younger… i think it was caused by playing dreamcast :happy:, but i myself grew out of it…

but good idea might be to avoid extra stress and worrying and maybe try meditating… also placebo´s could help :razz:

No! Waking sleepwalkers isn’t a very good idea. Just gently lead them back to bed.
The reaction they get can vary a lot, they can feel disoriented and even frightened! So it’s more safe to make them go back to sleep… :smile:

Well, I wake up really soon after I start sleepwalking, and I realise almost immediately what happened, just thinking ‘did anyone see me?’ and returning to my bed (of course people notice, because I talk out loud as well).
But indeed people say you better not wake up someone who is sleepwalking.

My friend used to walk and talk alot when he was under heavy depression. The most frightful experience was when he got up, took his knife (we were 3 guys living in a dormitory room, and we witnessed it with the other guy)…and went to fridge to take a sausage :tongue:

If i remember correctly he woke up before he started to eat it :tongue:

But i don’t know have he had any sleepwalking before/after this heavy depression period. His subconcious mind was just so full of that that it just needed to flood out when he was sleeping.

I’ve only know what I’ve read and I would imagine it’s the same as waking anybody up in the fright level dept…But some people do react that way to just being startled…

PaulM and Macrophage, I’ve heard the same about not waking sleepwalkers. Something about the sudden shock could literally scare them to death. But I’ve never read about it anywhere.

I’m glad you wake up shortly after though. For your safety. But I can see how this frustrates you.

It’s an old urban legend and Macrophage is much nearer from the reality of facts. You can wake sleepwalkers. It has been done a lot of times. But they’ll probably feel very disoriented! :grin:

Hello.

My brother used to sleepwalk, and a friend of mine too.
My brother even pee’d in the drawer.

You talk about not sleepwalking in your home.
Maybe you think about your home too much when you’re with friends?
So when you’re asleep you try to go home or something, I have no idea.

But you should try to clean your head before going to sleep and close out all the thoughts that is dedicated to your home.

Good luck!
Kixfox alias Eric.

This doesn’t really have to do anything with LD’ing, but just dreaming in itself. Have any of you had strange sleepwalking expieriences? I always thought that when you were dreaming, your body became paralyzed (sp?)so you would not act out of your dream. But sleepwalking breaks this rule…so I’m kinda confused. :confused:

I’m just curious…is it possible to sleepwalk during an LD? Because that could be potentially dangerous, depending on what the person’s dreaming about. I’m just wonderin’ lol.

dreamer_chic,
Sleepwalking only happens during dreamless non-REM sleep. When you are sleep walking your eyes are open and what you are seeing is reality, it’s just that your mind is in a trancelike state. You are right, your body is completely paralysed in REM sleep, so it is impossible to have a sleepwalking lucid dream.

I sleepwalk all the time. Sometimes I end up standing in the bathroom, or with my head in the fridge, but mostly I wake up at about 3:00am slumped on the couch. :smile: Nick’s right, though, you don’t dream when you sleepwalk, so there isn’t any danger. It is, however, possible to sleepTALK during an LD.

I used to sleepwalk ALL the time. Like… every night. It drove my parents crazy. Now I just constantly talk and hit people in my sleep.

Yeah, I’ve heard that you can talk during a dream…my friend told me that you could have a whole conversation with her cousin in her sleep! lol

My brother used to sleepwalk. He’d always end up in the bathroom or the living room…I don’t think I’ve ever sleepwalked though.

And it’s also very cool, because they can’t lie, and they’ll do whatever you tell them too! We do that whenever there’s a sleepover. It’s funny.

ha ha, I know! It’s seems kinda cruel, but it’s a lotta fun! :smile:

That’s right. I’ll merge this topic into another recent one about sleepwalking and sleeptalking, and put them in a non-LD forum. :wink: