Changing an LD

I have been Lding for a while now and usually have a few a week, but once again i run into the same problem, I cant friggin change anythign in my LD!!! I know a fair about about lding and iv tried everythign shouting,spinning mirrors trying to fly away everythign you name it, and i still cant seem to change the location/setting of my dream (its always takes place outside my house) or add new things or take away. Can someone really experianced give me some ideas i would really appreciate it

meditate for a minute, tell yourself it’s your dream, your in control, really believe that this thing you want will happen, there can’t even be a hint of doubt, then just do it however you want

I (personnaly) found an easy way to overcome that problem (use to happen to me a lot).

Go outside (I usually just jump out my bedroom window). Now, pick one of your neighbour’s houses (preferably one you’ve never been in before).

Open the front door (they’re already unlocked, so don’t worry) and go inside.
The house itself (if you’ve never been there IRL) should be fairly interessting (try exploring it).

If you wish to go somewhere even more itneressting, go to the other side of the house. You’ll find a backdoor there. Go through it.

On the other side will be an interessting dreamscape (it’ll probably be a made up one. If you wish to visit a real or certain location, try telling yourself, ‘I will come out in ‘X’ when I go through that door’.)

:smile:

i’ve only experienced HALF a lucid dream and i find out its really easy. All you have to do is imagine the place changing and voila. You’re in charge its your dream make it happen. Dont scream just control think it.

Hi basicm,

Your lack of control might have been caused by the fact that in the first few LD’s you had, you couldnt control much (which is common when you start having LD’s). Then you think to yourself, damn I cant control anyhting, and this carries over into the next and the next etc. It’s a kind of vicious circle so to speak. So try what Sureal suggested, and really convince yourself that anything that happens is merely imagination and can thus be altered! Good luck :smile:.

Sureal,
What if you cant find an exit to the back??

You will find it. There will be a door. So don’t worry about it :smile:.

“You WILL be able to change your LD scenery whatsoever the dream says, defies or argues. You WILL have your will done and your wishes fulfilled, your dream shall NEVER EVER defy your will. Your DC-s WILL follow your wishes and will, be it perverted or not. You will NEVER again experience problems in your dreams. Your dreams are yours to control, and only you alone control them. Like a blade, forged for you, and only you alone to use.”

Well yeah, but that’s a little harder to take in and believe all at once :wink:.

If you want to change your dream situation the best way (in my opinion) is to look at a building within your lucid dream (or any distant place) and decide that this will be the portal to your desired destination(or situation). Now head for that place, knowing that it will provide what you are looking for. This gives your subconscious time to construct the situation and really fixes the point in your mind. Trying to instantly change any dream can be counter-productive and will either wake you up or put you somewhere you don’t want to be. Give your dreaming mind the time to construct your desired state and it won’t let you down.

Sureal, you did realize i was emitting subliminal propaganda to this poor guy here? (Everyone who thought i was crazy now knows why i said all that stuff.)

I normally like to eat several subliminal propagandists with my breakfast. Once your IQ is up to scratch you’ll be on my menu.

wha, ehh…uhhh??

Reading this, the song Gene Wilder sang in the Willie Wonka movie (the one about imagination when they’re in the room with the candy garden) suddenly came to mind. Don’t be discouraged if you have no control over your environment. It’ll probably take a while (but never having an LD before, I may not be 100% credible), but you’ll get the hang of it. Take sureal’s advice about going into a house. While it may not be a place you wanted to go, you’ll eventually be able to tell yourself what will be on the other side of that door, and it will be there.

Oh, and to Pancra85: That was my reaction too, at first. He was joking. …At least, I hope he was.