DCs inventing own vocab?

“Don’t worry, it’s just a morriette of fun.”

A what now? I looked it up in a doorstop-sized dictionary, but there’s no such word. So how did my DC know it while I’d never heard of it? That’s not fair! :grrr: :tongue:

Weirdness. Anyway, I just thought that might interest you. Anyone’s experiences relevant?

Dream language can be fun :cool: Usually my DCs replace certain words with other words, for example saying a person has a “salty” expression when the correct word would be “sour”.

sometimes i have dreams where words are made up as well. Sometimes they are even in different languages that i have heard but not understood.

Mmmm…morriette…must be french!, hahaha.
No, my DCs always speak right (of what I remember). But one time my DCs where singing a song wich I dont know all the lyrics, I tryed to follow, but couldn’t do it, and them sounded right.

It isn’t even french. :happy:

I dreamt once about my brother. He was dead. :crying: The mortuary employee, instead of saying me he was dead, told me: “He’s 14 of brain of cold” (what was easily comprehensible in the dream).

LOL maybe you listen to Alanis “MORISSETTE” a little too much… :wink:

My “mum” once told me the word " MALATE ", which was supposed to be a key word for my next LDs… Didn’t find this word anywhere…

It’s prolly a good way to understand something about you throught those strange words! :confused: ??
I think they would be cool to use, they will surely cause a moriette of laughter! :content:

Perhaps you ought to google that, there’s bunches of “malates” on the internet hehe :tongue:

ahhh, I remember now, one time I was dreaming I was playing some kind of videogame, and a spirit said to the character in the game that if she (the spirit) don’t help him, the adventure (the game) will be too long, it will last 3 days passing the game as if someone fast forwared in Winamp…veeery very weird and hard to explain, but it maked sense in the dream, and it maked sense in my head until I wanted to write it down on my DJ

I have that all the time. Some of my DCs speak languages that don’t even exist, or language that seems strange for the situation. (Like scientific latin for animals and plants :wink: )

Yeah, sometimes my dream characters speak very strange like this, but when I usually just go, “Oh yeah, I know what you mean…”
I also don’t record a lot of dialogue in my DJ so I don’t really know how often this happens. Maybe I’ll start recording more dream dialogue.

yeah i had that a few times,… it’s really funny. It seems DCs combine half of one word with the half of another words, and rearrange letters. :smile:

Couldn’t it also be your memory playing tricks? I have DC’s saying weird things too - but also i have a hard time remembering what exactly did they say.

But indeed, I always understand completely what they mean in the dream, and then when I want to write it down in my DJ i have a hard time remembering what exactly was it what they said. I also, when they use weird words, almost never remember exactly the word they used.

Pasquale,
I know what you mean about not recalling exact words and phrases. The whole areas of language and words seem to be different in the dreamworld. Often, I seem to communicate without using exact words and all I can recall are ‘feelings’ of having commicated.

If we think that language takes place in the left side of the brain (generalisation - but it will do!) then we can assume that alot of dreaming is therefore happening in the rigth side of the brain (considered the more ‘creative’ side. Studies done with split brain patients (people who have had the corpus colosum severed for one reason or another - this fissure of fibres allows the two hemispheres to communicate with each other) show that they can present an image to the left visual side of the brain (so that it goes to the right hemisphere) and although they recognize what it is - they are unable to correctly lable it.

My point… those areas that define language may be pretty much turned off when we sleep/dream. (but I bet not at all times! :tongue: )

I have dream characters speak in spanish… and although I can speak spanish, I’m not as fluent as my dream characters… but I understand what they are saying perfectly.

I did have DCs making up words in LDs too, but in contrast wiht NDs, in which I came up with an explanation of what the word means, in LDs I just laughed at the silliness of the words :smile:

Once I had a dream where I was watching a video on a PC. There was a little alien, he was saying something that sounded like “upplebee” over and over again. That was a weird dream :eek:

This night, I dreamt I was learning arab and we were teached that numbers have a special declension (ending with a f), so that they could not be conjugated with consonants.