The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part II

Yes I also think you were lucid. Not very highly lucid perhaps, but lucid you were :wink:
By the way, I don’t quite understand what you mean by “half lucid”. Either you realize you’re dreaming, or you don’t. The boundary between non-lucid and lucid is when you really think something is definitely wrong, you may even say to yourself that you’re dreaming, but you’re still not AWARE of what you’re truly saying. This is called prelucid, but it’s still not lucid though. The main criterion to determine whether or not you were lucid is to ask yourself “in the dream, did I REALIZE I was dreaming or did I just say to myself “this is a dream” without even slightly become aware of what that means?” Genuine realization means you go from an unconscious dream puppet to a conscious, actively engaged dream participant/observer. This shift often happens unmistakably and is quite radical. Furthermore, the higher your subsequent level of lucidity, the more radically this shift will happen. Generally speaking ofcourse :smile:

Good luck :wink:

I think what he meant was low lucidity. (I call it ‘semi-lucid.’) You know it’s a dream, but you didn’t have much control. It didn’t seem like it though, she seemed to be fully lucid. More control than I usually have!

Correct me if I’m wrong. :smile:

Sometimes, I’ve had very few control in good lucidity level dreams, and good control in low level LD’s. Control and lucidity level seem not to be correlated.

I’m new here:) I always had quite average dream recall, usually remembered dream/s from every night. So when I heard about LD first I was very excited about it. Now, I wrote this journal thingy for ~4 days, and I think my first LD came! I was dreaming that I’m telling my gf about lucid dreams and that I will show her how to do it. So I fell asleep in the dream and when I entered the “false” dream I became lucid! I exactly knew I’m dreaming, I told myself how everything is so real and tried to make the dream even more vivid(it worked). There was green everywhere with raised platform and tree in center…I also moved my eyes thinking that I should move them now in bed like I read somewhere. It was great, but after some time I fell out from it, because I wasn’t so lucid to realise the techniques for keeping lucidity or even controlling dream…I was just like exploring and watching… Now I had not LD for 3 nights again so I hope my 2nd lucid dream will come very soon:)

Hi pavel ! Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:
And congrats on your 1st lucid dream ! :beer: You first had a “prelucid” dream (dreaming about dreams or LD’s, without realizing you’re dreaming), then it was a lucid dream when you entered the “false dream”.
You didn’t practice anything, just writing down your DJ and you had it in 4 days? Waw! :eek: You’ll make people jealous. :wink:

ok, I will tell you my dream and you can be the judge of whether its lucid or not:

So my class goes on a field trip to the moon, so I’m hopping around and I decide to do a reality check. Its not like I saw a dream sign and wanted to check whether I was dreaming or not, I just did it. When I discovered I could breath through my fingers while plugging my nose with them, I decided to ditch the moon and have some fun. I remember showing my watch to my friends, covering it up, showing it again. The numbers changed and there were symbols on it, so I proved to them that what was going on wasn’t real. I also remember being back on Earth, in a school, and running through the halls screaming ’ Im buzz lightyear’ at the top of my lungs. I did it because I knew I wouldnt get in trouble; I was dreaming. Before the teacher could stop me, I ran outside and flew away. I wanted to go higher, so I concentrated and everything, but it didn’t work. this is all I remember.

I wasnt even trying to have a lucid dream that night, and I was still at the stage of dream recall. Maybe I was having a dream about having a lucid dream. what do you guys think? :help:

yes, in my opinion that was a LD
Congrats!!

heh that is so awesome… confusing the dc’s is fun ;o)
congrats on your lucid dreaming expirience!

X

Welcome to the forum, A-dream-within! :wave:

When you realize you’re dreaming it’s a LD. Therefore it was without a doubt a lucid dream (and it was pretty cool). Some friends and I tried two months ago to go on the moon, and most of us didn’t succeed. Just one manage to crash her car on the moon then she wake up immediatly. Congrats! :clap:

LOL! You’ll make a lot of people jealous. :lol:

(I’ll merge your message in the BIG “Was this a LD?” topic. :wink: )

Ok, after trying this stuff for like two months now, I finally had something happen that seemed like a LD, and it would be nice to have someone say, “Yep, it was,” or, “No, you just were dreaming about being lucid.”

Anyway, it started out with me going to bed and a thought flashed through my mind," I’m frustrated, I’ve tried everything, I deserve a LD!" then I just went to sleep.

After I had been asleep awhile, I had a dream that I was online looking at stuff about WILD variations and decided to try one. I felt my hands start to tingle, then I sort of faded off, then open my eyes and thought, “Maybe I’m dreaming now,” So I did the hand RC, nothing, closed one eye and saw my nose, then I did the other nose thing, and it worked!

I felt rather excited, but I managed to stay in the dream. I went around, constantly doing RC’s and spinning (I remember wanting to stay lucid.)

Then I decided to go outside and look at the sky, since people claim it’s always so pretty. I remember being rather disapointed, because it was night and there were only like two or three stars in the sky (I remember expecting the sky to be filled with stars at the very least.) So I decided I would rather it be light out, so I thought about what I should yell, then I just started shouting, “Noon!”. Eventually the sky started to turn a dark purplish blue and fluffy thunderstorm like clouds began to appear, then it became bright and started to rain heavily. I said to myself, “Ahh, screw it,” and ran inside.

Once inside, I remembered people talking on the forums about music in dreams, so I shouted, “I wanna hear cool music!” I turned around and saw a radio playing some weird stuff (I was sort of disapointed, but rather glad it worked). So I turned the radio off, and thought about reading something, but dismissed it thinking that I had better things to do. (I felt really rushed to get everything done.)

I thought about shooting stuff, and looked for some guns. I found an MP5 and Walther PPK, but they didn’t work and I was in a hurry to do all the stuff I wanted to do before I lost lucidity. (I was doing ALOT of RC’s and spinning)

After doing some things, I started to forget to do RC’s and spinning every 5 seconds, and the vividness started to fade. First my sense of feeling started to get out of whack, then I blacked out a couple of times, then I woke up.

I’m about 60% sure it was a LD, and I was amazed at the vividness, I remember thinking, “WOW! This is better than I thought, it IS just like real life!” But I also started to question, “Wait, this is SO real, it might just be!” (And therefore I didn’t do socially unacceptable and possibly dangerous things like kill people and jump off buildings) which makes me think maybe I wasn’t lucid. Also, I remember DC’s saying stuff like, “You’re not dreaming, this is real,” and I would tell them to shove it, and also at various points I tried to bring up real people that I wanted to talk to, and tried to change the scene to an imaginary place that I had thought up a while back in RL while writing some short stories. (I remember thinking that changing the scene would ‘prove’ that I was dreaming).

Thing was, when I woke up, I felt strange, different then from even the most vivid normal dreams. It’s hard to explain, kind of like a sense of accomplishment and separation at the same time. Wierd.

Yep it was a lucid dream if you knew you were dreaming and if you were able to control it.A preety good LD :grin:

Woohoo! My first one too! :boogie:

But too bad I couldn’t change the scene or bring in new DC’s, guess I just wasn’t ‘lucid’ enough. But hey! I guess there is always tonight!

P.S. Does green tea help induce LD’s? Because I drank a LOT the day before.

Aw, luuuuucky! My first (and only) LD lasted about 3 seconds. heh Good job! :content:

Isn’t the “dream diet” sort of random for everyone? -shrug- I’ll have to try green tea…

actually, the “more lucid” you are, the (theoretically) less control you have; “more lucid” means “more real” (I personally tend to find I have way way more control the less lucid I am).

Waw Shackadak! You have had a very great first LD! :eek: That’s wonderful! The way you managed to make it last longer is impressive! Congrats! :good:
Definately one of the best first LD’s I’ve ever read… :wink:

(I’ll merge it in the “BIG Was it a LD? topic”)

I don’t know. Never heard about that. :eh:

I need help!
I had the weirdest dream last night…
I woke up at around 7:00 AM. I was trying to sleep, and eventually I closed my eyes and everything went white…
I felt slightly awake, but slightly asleep at the same time, kind of like in between a dream and reality. And then I heard two voices talking but I could only see white…
And suddenly, I remembered myself back in my bed trying to get to sleep, and I thought to myself, “What is going on…” and then I said out loud in my dream “Wait… This is a dream!”
Suddenly, I felt sucked backwards, and heard a weird magical tinkling sound loud in my ears. My ears kind of popped, like when you go in a plane.
I saw a face in the whiteness.
I got terrified.
And then my eyes slowly opened themselves, and everything looked yellow for a second.
I thought I might still be dreaming, so I did some reality checks, but everything seemed okay.
What the heck happened? Was it a lucid dream? Was it even a dream? I mean, I have only been recording dreams for three days, can it possibly be…?

Oh shoot! I think I may know!
It couldn’t have been the hypnagogic state could it?! I wasn’t seeing things because I was about to enter my dream?? OH SHOOT, I’M SUCH AN IDIOT!!
I had to get scared and wake myself up!! Just when the dream was materializing (the face…?).
I could have been lucid!!! OH WHY??!?!?!?!?!
Darn, so close. Oh so very close.

Perfect analysis, Drazenka! :smile:

You were in a deep hypnagogic state, the one Flo calls “intermediate state”. In this state, there is very few yet no images. You’re quite in a dream.

It’s a succesful WILD.

Beginning of a lucid dream.

Congrats on your first LD! :good: It was very short, but at least it proves you’re gifted in WILD’ing. :happy:

first: hi to all great dreamers on this forum:)

sorry for my very bad anglish but i hope that somebody can helpme. pls.

i have a very strange dream last night and i’m not sure what is that, lucid or not???

i’m with 6-7 unknow persons in some elevator fall down whith very high speed.
in the elevator have one bad in the centar and one miror on the wall at the left,ewerybody is screeming, the dream is so real like in the real world, in the dream i realise that the elevator will crush very soon and my live is going to end.(in the dream i’m able to think) i’m trying to lie in that bad (who is in the centar of the elevator)trying to fall in sleep (to fall in other dream)and i succes . the elevator is fall down. but i still don’t wake up. I wake up in other place (in the same dream) with another people and the dream is continue from that place…untill i realy wakeup in my bad, at home finnaly.

sorry for my anglish again, but i hope enywone can help me to realize is this LD or what :confused: (if sombody understand me) :help: pls.

Hi psyhunter.

I can understand you (it is not to hard to figure out what you are saying :smile:).

I am not sure if that dream was lucid or not. It sounds like it was, but it is hard to tell.

Ask yourself this question:

‘Did I know that I was dreaming?’

If your answer is:
‘Yes’ - then you were lucid
‘No’ - then you were not lucid
‘I am not sure’ - then you probably wasn’t lucid