The BIG Brainwave Generator topic part III

same with me, I had the exact same problem, couldn’t do anythin, waited a few days and it worked!

Does anyone know how to turn a preset file
into an mp3 file?

Export to WAV and use an outside encoder such as LAME.

Thanks.

I’m not sure though, if converting the wav to an mp3 would mean that some of the vital frequencies for it to work would be lost. Mp3’s work by removing the frequencies that the human ear can’t hear, hence lowering the file size. If you remove certain frequencies from a brainwave mp3, surely it won’t work ?

bwgen.com/faq.htm#MP3COMPRESSION

I’ve tried out two presets - one that focused on delta waves, another that focused on theta waves. I’m not sure which is strictly better though - I’ve read conflicting information on various sites. Some claim that theta waves are good for lucid dreaming, others claim that they reduce the amount of dreaming you do! As for delta waves, some sites claim that delta waves are synonymous with deep, dreamless sleep. If this is the case, delta waves can’t be a good idea for the sake of LDing…

Has anyone here got any experience with BWGen presets and/or good knowledge of the appropriate brain waves and their effects?

dreamless sleep?, why anyone would like that?.
Anyway, I have tryed a lot of Brainwave Generator presets, they don’t work to me, maybe I didn’t gave it so much effort. If Brainwave works for someone please post your experiences.

drteamless sleep, but also LESS sleep :razz:

Hi Xine.

I have not used brainwave generator a lot, but I do know a bit about brainwaves. Theta is the stage at which you dream most, so this would be the perfect setting to experiment with. Delta however as you mentionned, is deep dreemless sleep, so besides from making you very relaxed, (which theta also does bw), it is not gonne help a lot. Im not very sure how brainwave generator interacts with our brains, but if the brain somehow synchronises with the frequency of the signal, then the above is certainly true. However it might also be that the brain merely lowers the brainwaves a bit, depending on the signal. So perhaps the brain lowers its waves faster on delta because these are the lower frequency waves, with the result that with the delta setting, you reach theta faster! So, if I were you, I’d experiment a bit. Good luck!

Best way to use the Brainwave generator is to print out all of the help files, go through them, and learn how to build your own presets instead of depending upon the presets of others, most of which are built by beginners like yourself.

By learning how to build your own presets you can set them up to put you to sleep by using a low binaural beat and and low pitch, and then raise the binaural beat and pitch at the time you would normally expect to be dreaming, say after 90 minutes, to help you either wake up and remember your dream or else become lucid in your dream.

Brainwave generator is a tremendous program capable of producing all kinds of sounds and beats other than just the high pitches ones that are included with the program, although many of the included presets are excellent for learning how to do things from, especially the ones in the other category, that show how to produce various sounds like a helicopter, shoveling sand, etc.

Take the time to learn how to build your own presets. You won’t regret it. :grin:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Bwgen tutorial (written by philthemn), which discusses some settings that might be helpful.

As for using a delta setting to get into theta, I don’t think that would be very helpful. But I don’t know too much about this subject. What I gather, however, is that in general it is harder to entrain to a frequency that is very different from your starting state, so I would guess that aiming low would merely make it less effective, and might even give you a headache – again, I’ve only read a little, and experienced even less, so maybe someone more experienced will confirm or correct what I have said.

Another useful tool for creating binaural beats is Adobe Audition (formerly cool edit), it has its advantages in being alot more versatile, for example, you can copy and paste a whole section of binaural beat. You can also add multiples of the original voice to create interesting effects; I have recently created a binaural beat sound that contains 5ths and 3rds creating a more easy listening sound than the normal presets.

I have written a small introductory guide to creating binaural beats for anyone who is unfamiliar with the software here:
health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bw … sage/12754

Not sure how good these are, but here’s what I found following some links on the Brainwave Generator site that advertise a book containing Brainwave Generator presets in it for Out of body experiences, and there are four presets in this group of presets that are built for lucid dreaming.

bwgen.com/inx_oobemap_dat.htm

Hm, I experimented quite a lot with presets some years ago but never had success with it. I tried both bwgen and cool edit. However, if someone finds a preset that works please tell :happy:

The only preset I know that might work would be one that a person created for themself, since each person is different, so will respond differently to the different tones. And even at that, a normal persons sleep patterns are likely to vary so from night to night, with one night the person possibly sleeping very deeply with hardly anything being able to wake them, and another night sleeping very lightly, that even a customized preset for a specific person may only work part of the time. If there were a magic preset, I’m sure we would all know about it, and be lucid, as news like that would not stay quiet for long.

as the title says , is there any i remeber downlaoding one a while back and well lost it sum where lol, any ways my m8s having trouble sleep past few days and i thought one woulod help him.

ty in advance jimmy

https://www.bwgen.com/

ty i had jsut done a yahoo search for one and got the same :razz:

new emots omg wow :toilet:

A few nights ago, I searched decided to download some special Astral Projection Brainwave Generator presets: bwgen.com/inx_oobemap_dat.htm

I listened to one of the ones titled Lucid Dream. The descriptions said that combination of 4Hz and higher frequencies would, when listened to before sleep, cause a split in the brains frequencies, which later in the night would cause Astral Projection.

I listened to it for a while before sleep, and then went to sleep, then I woke up in the night, and tried it again, but couldn’t get back to sleep whilst listening to it, so I created my own preset of juts a pure 4Hz frequency, and listened to this for a while.

I fell asleep listening to this, but then suddenly became concious and immediately got the vibrations. I have had vibrations several times before, and so I knew the drill, and so tried to move out of my frozen body. I stuggled hard, but eventually rolled out sideways. I was then stood in my room in the darkness, and tried to gain lucidity by spinning, but ended up back on my bed, this time experiencing more violent vibrations, but with a faded conciousness, if that makes any sense. I think I got out again, but it all faded quickly after that.

I have listened to 4Hz frequencies by themselves many times before, without having OBE style experiences, so my thinking is, it was my earlier sessions of the multiple frequencies which caused it to then happen later. Presumably this experience may have still happened if I’d have just stayed asleep (or at least stayed in bed) instead of listening to BWGen again.

My theory is this:
The combination of 4Hz along with the higher frequencies, somehow causes a split in conciousness which you brain then remembers to replicate next time you are around the 4Hz frequency.

Or to explain it another way:
For example, you listen to frequencies of 4Hz (Theta/Delta) and 15Hz (Beta waking conciousness) simultaneously. Later on in the night, when your brain naturally goes to a frequency of 4Hz (which would probably be around the time a dream is naturally beginning), you brain then thinks to itself, “Hang on a minute, last time I was at this frequency, I was also at 15Hz frequency,” and so then a higher level of conciousness is achieved whilst the dream starts.

Just sharing my interesting new experience.

:happy:

Ed.
Experienced BWGen User & Occasional Lucid Dreamer (very occasional!)