LD4all hosting fundraiser $618 raised! :D WOOHOO!!

I seem to be in a fund raising mode.

Another suggestion: Give those who donate an extra icon next to or below their username. The envy should boost donations. :hyper:

thanks for the suggestion dustmote :happy:

the extra icon etc is a good idea too, but i have to adapt the forum for that, it is not possible right now.

Duh! I’ve totally forgotten about this myself until you added the top banner on the forum. Good idea … and good incentive to dontate to remove the annoying thing. :tongue:

i’m still waiting on paypal, but things should be open soon.

I kinda like the idea Dust Mote suggest about a special icon. I’m sure Q could easily add a special “financial contributors” usergroup and add members as she wishes, and have a special icon in the list we see now for usergroups.

However, this lead to my concern that privledges are provided to paying members and I dislike this idea.
A token of apprieciation seems nice but not a separate group with better treatment than those that contribute differently. My concern stems from the impresion new visitors might have when they see finances involved with member rankings.

Giving money should be about having enough financial resources to contribute to a wonderful site and forum, but not all of us can. It should not be about privilidges and boosting your ego. Just my opinion though (and it seems DA’s also…)

yes i agree with you DA and xetrov :smile: And i don’t intend to have something with extra priveleges or anything. Therefore i also don’t want to create an usergroup for it.

you could have a small image that donators could put in their sig for a year… like the project badges at SeaLife

I agree. Making a usergroup for financial contributors would be kind of strange, anyway. This might make it seem that only this group was responsible for/could donate to ld4all (such as Researchers are the only ones who can post topics in the Lab).

That’s the first thing I thought of when the icon idea was suggested. Just a small icon [probably located below the actual part of the signature that users are able to edit] that Q or a mod puts there.

I’ll see what I can do regarding a sig image :content:

sponsors may add this image to their sig :content:

with this code:

[img]https://www.ld4all.com/images/sponsoricon.gif[/img]

Yay! We made it!

eeek. I was going to donate 150 using my dad’s credit card until he found out I was using it :razz: Sorry Q I have no credit card, I’m only 15! Have to wait till next year when I have a job. :sad:

i am not opposed to a “LD4all ADDICTS” usegroup
simply having that in your groups, not having
any speacial forums or anything however.

x

c’mon people!!!
lets go for that super shiny updated package!

i’ll match the next donation up to $50.00

x

-sigh- I would donate, but being my age has it’s limits. Sorry!

I will try to dig up some of Euros we migth have. It won’t be too much probably only abotu 20 or 30, but at least it will help :smile:

I can’t guarantee it now, I have to get it off of my dad.

Out of interest, who is your hosting provider? Are you on a dedicated server? :smile:

we are on a virtual private server :content:

I’m 100% sorry i’m not able to donate. I’m a minor and my mom & stepdad never allows me to donate… :cry:

í’ve renewed it with the basic package for now. I’ll see if I can upgrade it later if we reach 600 :smile: Thank you so much everybody for your generous donations :thumbs: :bow:

Sorry , but I can`t

How did it go?