Break Through!!!

Hey guys, I would just like to shair my first 150% succesful attempt at WILD. It started off me laying down on my couch with no noise just trying to concentrate. In about 4 minutes i started hearing stuff. Now, this isnt abnomal i do this constantly. After about 6 minutes I noticed myself hearing music. Some sort of angelic beautiful voice playing to a low beat techno. It for some reason didnt suprize me at all, so I just kept listening to it. The next thing I know Im in a car stopped at these train tracks because a train is stopped on the tracks. Its late at night (maybe 3 in the morning) and the other dream characters im with are mad because we cant go anywhere. Let me explain that at no time was I unconicous. I knew from the first Image I got that it was a dream. I had the feeling of anger from being stuck on one side of the train tracks but that surely faded because I just told myself this isnt real. I ran back and forth just looking at how amazingly vivid every thing was. Ive never in my life experienced anything like that ever before. The next thing I did was decide to close my eyes spin around and then open them back up. When I did that i was in my back yard just looking around (I have a pool and patio) and I just sat there completely concious amazed at how beautiful and vivid the water looked in my pool. I got bored with that quickly so i tried to spin again but on this time when i spin around and opened my eyes I was laying on my couch with my eyes wide open. This is the scary part. I COULDNT MOVE. I had the feeling of when your arm goes to sleep and you cant move it but it was throughout my entire body. I kept drifting back and forth from black to seeing the ceiling of my living room. I heard noises as if there was a Frankenstein or mummy walking around which I think might of actually been myself making those noises. I was completely afraid at this point because I didnt understand what was going on, I though i was paralyzed completely… After about 15 seconds of that I remmeber reading about sleep paralysis on this website. And as soon as I could regcognize what was happening the panic nervousness went away and I had complete control over my body. I did this today within ten minutes of laying down and it seemed to come with such ease I feel as if I could WILD whenever and wherever. I hope the confidence of this experience helps keep my WILDS longer lasting and more amazing then what they already have been. Thanks for listening to my story and please send me some feed back or reasurence of this being real. Its almost too hard to believe as it is.

:thumbs: nice going :cool_laugh:

And you are paralyzed if you wake up too fast from dreams or LDs. I always have it when I wake up from nightmares but luckily it goes away quite fast for me.

This is wonderful and exciting to read about! I would like to try it…what does WILD stand for, and are there some easy instructions somewhere on the web, how to do it? (I have at least figured out that it stands for something-induced-lucid-dream!). Thanks.

Wow, you told the story in a good way, it made a sensation in me, just like the one i get when i’m wilding… kewl

Al,

WILD stands for Wake Induced Lucid Dream. There are a few techniques to doing this, most of them involving:

1: Relaxing your muscles and lying in a silent room.
2: Closing your eyes and concentrating on the images you see. This will usually just be random colors and shapes, but don’t be discouraged.
3: Let your body fall asleep, while staying conscious mentally.
4: Eventually, the shapes and colors in your mind will either turn into objects and people, or you will project yourself into a dream.
5: If you need help staying conscious while your body falls alseep, try counting, telling yourself something along the lines of “I’m dreaming” repeatedly, or imagine yourself climbing up or down stairs.
6: There will be a point at which you see the dream situation and are aware that you are able to jump into the dream. At this point, you merely “walk” into the dream.

I don’t know how well this will work, because it’s never worked for me. But good luck, and if it doesn’t work, don’t give up.

Here’s a good link for a WILD explanation:

https://ld4all.com/#frames(content=how_wild.shtml)

Thank you, I will try this. I hope I can get it to work…it sounds exciting. I wonder if it works better if you’re body is tired, but your mind is rested…?? Since you’re keeping your mind awake but not your body??

Amazing experience Nelska! It sounds like you’re gifted for WILD’ing! :smile:
Just a little question. After your SP, were you really awake? Were your eyes really open? For instance, did you went out of your bed immediatly after regaining control over your body? Or do you suspect this to be a sort of FA? They can be very realistic!

Well after my SP I was deffinately awake because the first thing I did was jump up and run to the computer to start this thread… :content:

hehe congrats on your success with Wild i haven’t really tried wild much or when i do i always end up falling asleep heh It’s good to see it working for sombody because that improves the chances it will work for others because they see it worked for other people as oppsoed to if it didn’t work then nobody would think it would work >.> heh…

Congrats! I loved the story. I’ve been trying to WILD lately. I take it you did this in the afternoon? I’ve only been trying it after WBTB at 6:00 in the morning, but I guess I will try it today during an afternoon nap!

Hey thats awesome. Congrats. I’m going to take a nap now and try WILD - ing ( i need some sleep ) :cool_laugh:

:grin:

I tried this for three hours yesterday, with a strange result. I was lying on my back with my hands flat on the bed beside me. My legs were bent with my knees up. After about an hour, I noticed that my hands had suddenly switched to being placed flat on the outer part of my thighs. I couldn’t figure out how it had happened until I realized that those were my astral hands that had moved! There were a couple more transformations of my hand position during this period of time. This was confirmed at the end of the three hours when I finally did move my physical hands, and my astral hands SNAPPED back down into position flat on the bed.

However, I must report that I remained kind of stuck at this point. While the hand experience was interesting, what I really want to do is to go completely out of body.

:eek:

i got bored trying to WILD :neutral:

Shake: Same as me :wink:.
Well, I have had a number of interessting experiences. Such as sounds (usually voices whispering for me), seeing things (like having my eyes open), odd feelings (spinning, tingerling sensations etc).

But I’ve never succeeded in actually getting paralised.

al: Interessting experiences.
If you want my (very limited) advice, I’d suggest that next time you get that far, just expect to be able to go all the way. Don’t worry whether or not your doing it right - just do it :wink:.

the biggest problem for me is that It’s boring to count…will try it tonight again when I’m actually sleepy. :cool_laugh:

I just hope no voices whisper to me… :scared:

It’s all hypagnogic sounds, nothing to be afraid off =).

ok…It’s not real,it’s not real,it’s not real :grin:

Last night I had three dreams and woke up after each one, and this morning, when I was in an only half awake state, I had several conversations with voices in my mind. I could recognize the voices as some of my friends voices, and I had some lengthy conversations, but I knew I was in my bed and I sometimes knew they weren’t real.

Hey guys i would just like to update you with some new news with my experiences in WILDing. I think im a born natural at it because it comes so easy to me. This afternoon I layed down after drinking a half pint of coke(it keeps the brain awake while WILDing) and after about 10 minutes my body felt like it was being electricuted but there was no pain ( if that makes any sense).That is when the sounds start kicking in for me, its hard to fight off at first because some sounds make you want to jump up. Like at first I thought there was a car in my driveway honking, next I thought the tv turned on for a second. After the sounds came another “electricshock” which notified me that i was getting closer and closer to being lucid. Once the second wave of shock comes in i lose complete feel of my body and then it just turns into myself and the back of my eyelids. About 5 minutes after this stage i see lights turn on and off glowing around and then i started seeing faint images of shapes and whatnot…Then my cellphone went off and i woke up. :bored:

But I can deffinately feel myself learning the ways of WILD and will continue to persue this technique because it has been for me, the best experience with dreaming ive ever had.

Remember your sig! “What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger…” :tongue:
I hope I could heard voices more often during WILD. It’s funny. I just had a voice once, and it has ruined my WILD because I was so surprised… :eek: Some people use voices while counting. When they hear a voice counting instead of them, it means they are dreaming.