The BIG VILD Topic - Part I

Yup thats right, Skidzz.

I have tried this the last couple of nights with no results, but I have trouble focusing on the visualisation so I’m still trying, it looks really promising. I’ll see if I can use the method with the mp3 but my parents don’t really approve of lucid dreaming and they always check on me so i’ll have to try and find a pair of haedphones they won’t notice.

This worked for me once. :grin:

I think you’re the first…

I have tried VILD twice (not successively or successfully). I tried it maybe a month ago, repeating my ‘dream situation’ over and over and it didn’t work. I have decided to try it for as long as it takes this time until it works or if it doesn’t work after maybe a month, I will try another tech. I tried last night, but I was so tired, when I turned out the lights and closed my eyes, I could only picture my dream situation once and when I tried to repeat it a second time, I couldn’t even concentrate on it, I was that tired and I didn’t think I was so exhausted because I went to bed a bit earlier than usual.

The dream situation I am using is in a room with a mirrored wall…when I see the mirror, it triggers me to do a RC (I am starting to use mirrors as my waking RC trigger so when I do VILD, seeing the mirror will remind me to do a RC), then when I become lucid I can walk through the mirror and see what’s on the other side, which is one of my LD goals. I have only had one brief LD that was triggered by a nightmare and I didn’t even have to do any RC’s but that’s the only one I recall having since December 2004. It’s time to buckle down and stick with a consistent tech because I am sure that lack of perseverance is my problem and VILD sounds like a pretty good tech to me.

I’ll report back with my progress if I can get this tech to work for me, hopefully I will, so others can be motivated to try it.

It’s a shame that your parents don’t approve of it; how exactly does it hurt anyone? If anything, it will help you! Do they even know anything about it? I’m not knocking your parents, but people in general who dislike things that they haven’t tried or aren’t informed about really irritate me. :grrr:

I feel so special… they’re going to do experiments on me now. :tongue:

I haven’t tried again since then for some reason, so that’ll be my project for the next couple days. :cool:

Did anyone ever think of combining this with WBTB? Since after a few hours of sleep, visualisation is much better for many, and also you are very relaxed, 2 requirements for VILD. I think most of the failures with this tech come from the fact that when you do this without WBTB, the incubated scenery does not stick into your mind (perhaps only if you’re really advanced in this like Perdo) untill sufficient dreams start to occur, which is only later during the night, when more dreams and more realistic ones (less chaotic) happen.

I guess I might try this…

I’ve been trying this method for the past three nights. I visualize this dream scenario: I open a blue wooden door, and enter into a room with sea blue walls, and a dark blue ceiling and floor. Two of my friends are there, the first one says: do a reality check, the other says yeah go for it, do a reality check! So I hold my nose, and I can breathe through my nose. Then I look at my nose, and I can’t see it! I say “I must be dreaming!” and smile, and my friends smile back.
I visualize that scenario about 5 times until I start losing focus, other thoughts start intruding, and sometimes my friends say other things to me, and other dream scenarios start forming.
So to get to my question, do I keep attempting to visualize the scenario, or do I just surrender to the other dreams?

I say go back to visualizing, but that’s just my opinion. :smile:

Alright, I got to a point where I remember seeing my hand in a dream later in the night, but the trouble is that’s all I remember. I’m going to have to work on my dream recall.

Errr… What is the relation between seeing your hand and the scene you visualize? :shy:

I was going to edit my post but I forgot. I changed my reality check to looking at my hands, so I meant to say that my hands were deformed in my dream.

I think I have finnaly found my method I mean I got Two LD the same night from this technique. I wrote down my incubated dream in my DJ going into extreme details and I just read it right before i go to bed to get it in my head perfect them I am off to “The Dream Office” where the pretty blonde haired receptionist tells me to do a RC and enter dream world through the door on my left.

I guess this goes here.

Wrong guess! Try again! :tongue:
Post moved from the BIG MILD topic to the BIG VILD topic.

Lately I’ve been doing WBTB with VILD, which seems to be the most successful method for me. Anway, I’ll be visualizing a scene constantly (a hallway at work), then fall asleep and enter a dream.

What is odd is that once I’m in the dream I’ll just suddenly recognize that it’s a dream without any RC. This happens about half the time. (The other half I have to do a RC)

It’s really nice, but I’m wondering if this is something like a half WILD? I don’t consciously fall asleep, but I can gain a Lucid Dream without a reality check.

I have that too. You just know you’re dreaming. I don’t know how you should call it actually…
But I shouldn’t call it half WILD, cause WILD is about that you fall asleep consciously and have a LD because you enter a dream while you’re stil consciously…WILD without falling consiously asleep I wouldn’t call WILD or half WILD, because falling asleep consiously is were WILD is about…

So, what should it be called, then? Hmmm. It has to do with visualizing, and I figure it’s not a WILD at all (Thanks for moving my last post to the right place, btw). But I visualize the scene and fall asleep, and have a dream with complete knowledge without a reality check.

It’s very weird indeed! But I’m not complaining. :smile:

While practising WILD, some people lose consciousness during a few seconds, then they find themselves in a dream. Some of them have to perform a RC to realize it, some haven’t. If you lose consciousness for just a few seconds (though it’s hard to estimate how much time you spend in an unconscious state :wink:), this kind of half-WILD can be still considered as a WILD.

I think what you practice is VILD, even if you don’t have to perform a RC in order to realize you’re dreaming. VILD is an hybrid technique, as you can use it in order to have WILD’s or DILD’s.

While performing VILD, do you imagine yourself doing the reality check, like, imagine actually covering one eye and such? Or just say your going to do the reality check?

You imagine that you perform the reality check and it works.

If I want to fall asleep fast I usually imagine something so in a way I almost do VILD. The past 2 months I’ve been doing this pretty much every night since I’m now working during the days and I need to sleep enough.

I’ve noticed that if I’m not too tired and I do this, other things pop into my mind and distract me :cry: I do realise that whatever popped into my mind isn’t what I was thinking about and I go back to whatever I was thinking on before. But same thing happens after a while and this keeps up until I fall alseep.

Just needed to say that :content: