Inducing HHs

I don’t think I would ever do this, but how many days would you likely have to stay awake to induce hypnagogic hallucinations?

Huh? I didn’t know you had to stay awake for days. I have em anyway just trying to do WILD, sometimes w/o trying. So maybe just give it a shot and see what happens

Do you mean just awake? Just walking around and you encounter some Hypnagogic illusions? My guess is maybe two to three, and that’s if it’s even possible, which it may or may not be. I have no idea.

I usually become more aware of HH when I’m really tired, yet motivated to stay conscious :smile:
Seeing HH while walking around is not possible, or in any case then they probably aren’t called HH (“hypnagogic” refers to the mental state right upon falling asleep).

Hmm well call me odd :razz:, but I can sometimes see extremly vivid HH (as real as I would see stuff IRL), mostly it happens when Im a bit tired indeed. But I dont need to be up for days. Just a bit fatigued and just closing my eyes seems to do the trick…

after staying up for 52 hours I had HH the moment I closed my eyes, didn’t WILD or anything

I get HH sometimes. I don’t have to be tired. It’s… a weird experience.

Yeah, I meant just walking around.

I got the idea from an interview with a doctor on the subject of an insomniac supposedly seeing dead relatives at the scene of an auto accident. The doctor said that it was possible for a severely sleep deprived person to inadvertantly experience hypnagogic hallucinations.