The Spirit of Giving XIV

Believing dreams when you wake up

Author  Message 
adg12012
Dreamer
Lucid Initiate

Believing dreams when you wake up
PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

hey, this doesnt really have n e thing to do with LDing but i had a very freaky experience a few nights ago

I woke up out of a dream a few nights ago and although i cant remember the dream i think it had something to do with my bed blowing up because when i woke up a actually thought my bed was going to blow up and i was freaking out and running all around my house trying ot think of a way to stop it. So i ran into my room and unplugged every plug in my room thinking "it cant blow up if nothings powering it"

I then went and laid down on my couch and after about 5 minutes i realized how stupid i was and that there was no way my bed was gunna blow up

..this actually happened again another night but instead i thought my bed was gunna fall apart so i jumped on it and tried to hold it together...same basic idea as the first thing...after five minutes i just realized ti was stupid and went back to bed

Randomman(newb)
Somniologist
Somniologist

jsut imagine if someone had seen you lach2 something happened similar to me once, mine was more dangerous though i ran aroung my house having a panic attack thinking the spanish were after me, ah well laugh now cry then

adg12012
Dreamer
Lucid Initiate

the thing is...in the first "episode" i though my bed blowing up was my fault and i felt like ashamed and i was almost in tears when i was trying to stop it

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

Waw! It seems that you stayed in "dream logic" mode after you woke up. That's very curious! eek2
Quote:
hey, this doesnt really have n e thing to do with LDing

I'll move your thread in the "Stuff Dreams are made of" forum.

Anamcara
Jenius!
cookie lover

Don't worry, I know it sucks while you're in it but a lot of people wake up thinking that what happened in a dream was real or that it is real and still happening. If someone sees you they will probably know that it was just a bad dream. Maybe if you could try to understand why you keep thinking something is gonna happen to your bed or what it means to you, it won't happen anymore

karl
Somniologist
Somniologist

i get that abut every month or so
once i had a dream about magnets going near my laptop and breaking it and when i woke up i really thought my laptop was broken

Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover

One night, when I was extremelt thirsty, I finally got to sleep.

In the dream, I dreamt that a bottle of Panda Pop had fallen from the sky and landed in my bed.

I then woke up, and spent around five minutes searching the covers of my bed for the drink, before I realised I was being stupid.

Pancra85
Somniologist
Somniologist

yes, I sometimes, well...not anymore, try to find a control remote or something like that in my sheets

Lanina
Wolf and Dreamer
Dream Deity

I had a FA once in which I constantly looked at the clock. So when I actually woke up I was suprised the time wasn't what it was in the dream.

Fiver
repentant
Dream Deity

Once I dreamed that my aunt died and for about a month, I believed that.

BioHazard
Dream Walker
Astral Explorer

I once woke up thinking there was a zombie outbreak,I'm happy I don't have any guns cause I would have loaded them O_O

Stormthunder
thunderyness
cookie lover

My dreams are usually way too impossible for me to ever get them mixed up with real life, but there was one time when I woke up thinking I had a huge maths assignment due that day and I hadn't done any work on it. I was horribly freaked out for a whole minute before I finally realised it was Saturday and I couldn't possibly have anything due!

adg12012
Dreamer
Lucid Initiate

Stormthunder wrote:
My dreams are usually way too impossible for me to ever get them mixed up with real life, but there was one time when I woke up thinking I had a huge maths assignment due that day and I hadn't done any work on it. I was horribly freaked out for a whole minute before I finally realised it was Saturday and I couldn't possibly have anything due!

iv done that b 4 too

i woke up thinking that i had forgotten to do a book report for english and i got on my computer to do it then i realized ti was a dream

PolarBear
Dream Pirate
Somniologist

happened for me too when i was kid, sometimes woke up from nightmare (giant marble balls rolling behind me and i was running) and when i woke up i was like, damn, i cant sleep nomore, those balls are too scary >.<...

quite annoing when that happened...

Shadowless
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

The only time that happens to me is when I form a deep bond with a female I'm infatuated with then wake up to have my heart broken...

print